DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 10:38 PM, Eivion said:

That was a lovely reaction to Cedric just helping out his friend Ali.I love how conditioned the audience is to expect turns.

I absolutely expected it. It's the curse of Russo. Damn you straight to hell, Vince Russo!

This show really goes heavy on alliances sometimes to make sure everyone has a spot. Regardless, LHP tornado tags always have my 100% endorsement. 

Was the fall by Ali and Murphy in the four-man spot accidental? Looked like a slip, especially considering it wasn't replayed at all. If so, quick thinking by Cedric to keep things moving. 

Caught up with the last twp episodes last night.

Really enjoyed TJP/Metalik and Dar/Neese. I'm glad Metalik got his revenge, even if its two years late.

I really hope next week's tornado tag sees the Revival interrupt to help TJP & Kanellis murder Lucha House Party.

Best part of 205 this week was Kalisto giving the young Asian girl in the front row a trading card & sombrero and her looking back at him in complete disgust. Like, even youngsters can see through the cheating tactics and unfair advantage of Lucha House Party.

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 3

With Ali gone to SDL and Cedric having just lost it will be interesting to see who they have facing Murohy next. A part of me wonders if maybe Rey in a special match after that promo.

The street fight was fun though Kendrick coming out as Spanky was surreal. Its ridiculous how that beard was apparently the only thing keeping him looking his actual age.

• Like 1

I swear, I was looking for Paul London after Spanky came out. That was a fun match with some pretty innovative spots. I especially liked the use of Nigel's chair. But NO TABLES per Gulak.

I haven't mentioned it in the past few weeks but I like the idea of making Daivari a disciple of Itami. Daivari "borrowing" some moves from Itami like the repeated palm strikes is a great addition to his offense.

Gulak/Gallagher, Tozawa/Kendrick, Itami/Daivari, Nese/Murphy... when are we getting the cruiserweight tag titles?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the party Humberto Carrillo! He gets a really good match in with Buddy Murphy. We all knew Murphy wasn't losing, but Carrillo gave him all he could handle. Everything Carrillo did looked terrific. Murphy goes so far as to pull out the Bret Hart Memorial Feigned Knee Injury in an attempt to catch him unaware, but Carrillo avoids the cheap loss and even seemed to get outraged that Murphy would pull a trick like that. After the match, Murphy stares back at the ring with respect.