DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

I just wanted to say that I am very delighted with the return of Noam Dar. The man is a great worker. Another of my (until recently) underrated faves is thee impressive Buddy Murphy - a tag team of these two would be devastating, very 70s rassling vibe. How about thee WANEBY Express (We Are Not English, Bloody Yanks)?

- RAF

Damn fine tornado tag tonight. Metalik killed it so hard, his mask tried to escape to save itself. His best performance on 205 to date and the other 3 were right behind him.

Also I know it was a post Summerslam crowd still but it was nice hearing the crowd chant "LET THEM FIGHT!" for Gulak and Alexander. Gulak quoting "Green Eggs & Ham" to combat Alexander calling Gallagher and Kendrick "Thing 1 and Thing 2" was amusing. 

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I haven't heard it yet but should we be worried by Wale on commentary.   I still can't figure if he is just for this show or actually more regularly

I wouldn't be worried. We're getting closer to my WWE/Seinfeld dream.

Wow, Murphy and Kalisto had the crowd eating out of the palm of their hands by the end of the match. A fantastic performance by both men. Murphy continues to show that he can have great matches with anybody they put him in the ring with, no matter their style.

I'm all for a more aggressive Tozawa. He had a dominant showing against Kendrick with some pretty sweet offense. Almost killed himself on the tope suicida, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just here for sarcastic dickhead Hideo Itami. And for Tozawa stopping his prematch preparation to grin and wave at guys. And for Drake threatening guys with the possibility they'll get to meet AYY OH PEE.

Decent show. A good Buddy Murphy/Gran Metalik match and a solid main event.

Next week, Gulak's shenanigans pay off as he faces Cedric for the cruiserweight title.

DM the GM retweeted a report that 205 Live is now going to air before NXT on Wednesdays starting next week.

Edited to add that the link to the page for 205 Live on WWE's website has the time of the show listed as Wednesdays 7/6C. Drake deleted his tweet which might have run afoul of the company not putting out an official announcement yet...

On 9/14/2018 at 8:14 PM, FireThunder said:

DM the GM retweeted a report that 205 Live is now going to air before NXT on Wednesdays starting next week.

Edited to add that the link to the page for 205 Live on WWE's website has the time of the show listed as Wednesdays 7/6C. Drake deleted his tweet which might have run afoul of the company not putting out an official announcement yet...

I just received an email from WWE confirming the new day/time

They taped 205 Live before SDL tonight. Although from what I read, many didn't know there was going to be an earlier start time than advertised (doors opened at 5pm!) so people were still filing in as the show was going on. However, much better to have people filing IN during the show rather than filing OUT. Hopefully this helps the show dynamic and crowd interaction. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

They taped 205 Live before SDL tonight. Although from what I read, many didn't know there was going to be an earlier start time than advertised (doors opened at 5pm!) so people were still filing in as the show was going on. However, much better to have people filing IN during the show rather than filing OUT. Hopefully this helps the show dynamic and crowd interaction. 

Thank fucking goodness.  If this is a regular thing then that can only help with the crowd noises.  I still remember a couple years ago the crowd lost their minds for Nattie/Summer Rae just because it was the first match on the show (for Superstars)

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Thank fucking goodness.  If this is a regular thing then that can only help with the crowd noises.  I still remember a couple years ago the crowd lost their minds for Nattie/Summer Rae just because it was the first match on the show (for Superstars)

Thank fuck. I was honestly starting to get pissed at the crowd. 

• Like 1