DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

Ali might just be the best babyface on the WWE roster right now. Dude is incredible, but I worry about his longevity and health with some of the stuff he does.

• Like 2

They outdid the previous Flux Capacitor but MAN that Superplex off the Ring Steps was SICK! They do it again and set the bar for the Month of July only 3 days in. 

Tozawa vs. Rush should be a good feud as well. 

• Like 1

Imagine if these guys were allowed to tell these stories as though they matter in an environment where the audience is encouraged to give a shit.

In a just world, Mustafa Ali is the Intercontinental Champion. He's what WWE's future should look like. 

Buddy Murphy is also pretty damn good. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Imagine if these guys were allowed to tell these stories as though they matter in an environment where the audience is encouraged to give a shit.

In a just world, Mustafa Ali is the Intercontinental Champion. He's what WWE's future should look like. 

Buddy Murphy is also pretty damn good. 

Absolutely agree. Just for giggles do a quick point by point comparison between Mustafa Ali and "Monday Night" Rollins. It's like WTF are these people thinking about leaving arguably the best babyface in the company on a show only the hardcores watch and having Mr. Dry as Toast cut fifteen minute promos in his flat Mid-western accent to bore the crowd to tears on their flagship show? 

Noam Dar, you're lookin' real jacked, baby.

I'm down for Tozawa vs Rush. Should be a hell of a match.

I'm not even sure if I can add anything that hasn't already been said about that main event. Just an amazing spectacle with Ali and Murphy giving it their all, once again.

19 hours ago, OSJ said:

Ali might just be the best babyface on the WWE roster right now. Dude is incredible, but I worry about his longevity and health with some of the stuff he does.

Ali is super consistent and safe. Dude doesn’t do too much and in general knows how to make even the baseline aerial stuff he does feel spectacular. The fact of the matter is that he isn’t super impressive like Ricochet or Will Ospreay but he sure as shit knows how to make a story count where he isn’t outright killing himself. 

I've said it on past pages in this thread and I'll say it again. I'm completely emotionally invested in Ali and Buddy Murphy. Throw Cedric and Itami(to a lesser extent, so far..) in there and THESE are the 4 people I can't wait to see the following week when it comes to professional wrestling. That includes Raw, Smackdown, NXT, MLW, ROH, Lucha Underground and even New Japan. My 60 minutes of guilty pleasure.

• Like 1

Murphy's tights bother me but yeah he's an incredible talent. Mute point, we all know this, but 205 would rival any promotion in the world if it wasn't staged in front of zombies waiting for the smackdown dark match. If anything it's this era's velocity. 

To the credit of the workers and the sheer quality of the wrestling they have started to pierce through the apathy of the live crowd in the past month or two, but they deserve standing ovations, not golf claps. 

This was my first time watching 205 in almost a year. I love how alot of the angles have been building up for months. I been hearing about Buddy Murphy tearing it up on 205live and Im glad to see him get this chance to really show his potential. Im still really behind Tozawa even after they ended his push for the Title and run with Titus. He has the Tajiri type of presence, no over the top gimmick but all business in the ring. He and Lio will tear it up eventually. I might have to make this the one show I keep up with weekly. I want to see KENTA vs Alexander next week. I like my tv tv wrestling to keep me excited about the  next week. I need to feel like i can invest in a show week to week rsther than just expect good match or because someone I enjoy watching is on it almost every week.

Nice methodical main event. Hideo beat the shit out Cedric who kept insisting on trying to outstrike Itami and I'm glad that the story correctly played up that attribute. The crowd was dead for most of the match probably after dealing with 2 and half hours of wrestling, but it was a solid match if not a bit too slow.  It appears that the next opponent will be Gulak in which yeah, take the title off Cedric. He has been great as champion, but we don't need another repeat of Neville.

I can't wait for Lio Rush vs Tozawa next week. Those guys are going to be fast as fuck.

I didn’t watch much Cedric on the indies, but the more I see on 205, I’m starting to think he owes Kota Ibushi a percentage of his check.

I think he would be much better off on NXT where he can try to be a Sami/Gargano type babyface that the crowd gets emotionally invested in, but to me, he doesn’t seem like a guy who can get the 205 crowd to get engaged the way Tozawa or Ali or the LHP can.

• Like 1

Very enjoyable, physical main event between Itami and Alexander. @Kyuubi touched on the crowd being a bit out of it by that point. And it's here where I find Itami to be a step behind the other top guys on 205 Live. Many of them have dynamic styles and dramatic flourishes that help them marginally win over a crowd that's just waiting for the dark main event after seeing AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Daniel Bryan, Kane, New Day, etc. But Itami's style is basic and presented methodically. That's a choice which has its merits, but it will always set him back a little in this environment. He would do much better being back in an environment where the people in attendance are there to see him. 

Lio Rush's character is exactly how some Blue Jays fans see Marcus Stroman -- Tiny, athletic dude who peacocks too much to compensate. So if that baseball thing doesn't work out, him and Rush should form a tag team. 

Heel Itami is fun and so much better than face Itami. I could watch him and Cedric stiff each other(did you see that dropkick which busted Hideo's mouth apart?!) 24/7. Solid Main Event.

18 hours ago, FireThunder said:

Lio with the cool promo... and then Tozawa just... wow.

Looking forward to this match and although I know the crowd won't be because Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles build-up may start tonight for Summerslam.