DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Captain Kronos said:

Anticlimactic headline. 

She's a fan bc he retweeted her? But she says she was already a fan before that. 

Topanga, what are we to do with you?

Hasn't she been a semi-regular at PWG shows? How could anyone not love Topanga?

• Like 1

Happy to see Lio Rush in 205 Live is acting like he did in PWG when he took on Keith Lee. Weeks and weeks of super cocky Lio until he runs into a higher member of the roster will be amazing because everyone will want to see him get his head taken clean off. I'm hoping Buddy Murphy is the guy. 

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Lio Rush is the perfect combination of pretentious art student, hanger-on for a major sports star, and Sound Cloud rapper. He's a total asshole and it's going to be entertaining to watch as everyone screams for him to get beaten into a puddle.

Hey now, Lio Rush may be all those other things and a heel as well, but let's not take it too far. There's good heat and then there is outright revulsion.

- RAF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lio Rush was great. Dude is like an unholy mix of Amazing Red and Low Ki. I wonder who is first feud will be. 

I’m calling it now. Hideo will be Cedric for the title. He just will. Unless they are building For Gulak to do it or waiting for Ricochet to come up, they have to strike now with Hideo. 

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Strike what? 

Hideo has been in WWE for 3 years. He hasn’t won any title or even been in anything outside of Takeover. Unlike Cedric or any run of the mill heel, Hideo can’t afford to lose another title match. Right now he has heat. He is at his peak heel. He finally has character. Putting the title on him, a heel who isn’t cowardly or terrible in the ring,  creates a different kind of champion. 

10 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Right now he has heat.

This is news to me. I haven't felt any real heat on him since the first injury of his NXT run. The Ohno matches were fun last year, but then he just disappeared again. He had some bad luck, but it feels like the company progressed without him and nothing of value was lost. 

More importantly, this show starts out cold most weeks and there's only a small handful of guys who consistently turn the volume of the audience up with their ring work. Hideo isn't one of those guys in my opinion, not based on what I've seen since his call up. Cedric is one of those guys. So maybe Hideo can't take another loss. That doesn't matter to me, and I wouldn't object to the company cutting bait. The brand isn't better off moving the title from Cedric to Hideo right now. 

All of this said, I could see them doing a switch. Hideo's been running in place for years. They might pull the trigger now just to find out once and for all if there's any there there. 

Just to chime in with everybody else: Lio Rush has megastar written all over him. His cocky mannerisms are great (how long did it take him to take off that bracelet, anyhow?) and he can flat out go in the ring.  GORGEOUS frog splash to finish off his opponent.

The main was really good and continued with the story that played out the past few months.  Lucha House Party can beat Gallagher and Kendrick, but Gulak always finds a way to beat them.  This was no exception with the heels cheating like crazy before Gulak tapped out both Lindsey Dorito and Kalisto with the Gu-Lock.

13 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

This is news to me. I haven't felt any real heat on him since the first injury of his NXT run. The Ohno matches were fun last year, but then he just disappeared again. He had some bad luck, but it feels like the company progressed without him and nothing of value was lost. 

More importantly, this show starts out cold most weeks and there's only a small handful of guys who consistently turn the volume of the audience up with their ring work. Hideo isn't one of those guys in my opinion, not based on what I've seen since his call up. Cedric is one of those guys. So maybe Hideo can't take another loss. That doesn't matter to me, and I wouldn't object to the company cutting bait. The brand isn't better off moving the title from Cedric to Hideo right now. 

All of this said, I could see them doing a switch. Hideo's been running in place for years. They might pull the trigger now just to find out once and for all if there's any there there. 

I admit that it is more of a sentimental hope for me because I would want nothing more than to keep the title on Cedric. But I honestly kind of feel bad for Hideo. He lost his momentum and then subsequent title reign in NXT. He then came back and lost his potential feud and storyline with then champion Balor due to injury. Now dude lost his finisher because Kendrick thought he could take the GTS stiff. 

I personally thought his feud with Tozawa garnered some reaction as a heel as it was a great match  but you are right that taking off the title off Cedric is not the best move because he is one of the guys that brings eyes to the action while Hideo is lukewarm at best.

22 hours ago, Morganti said:

His style is kick

I beg to differ, I believe that the man said, "My style is kick you in the head!"

You're right, though I'm sure he said it on one occasion. Though to be fair, "My style is kick!" has the advantage of brevity.