DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Buddy Murphy failing to make weight so he can't wrestle in Saudi Arabia is weird but I am wondering if that was to give them a story line reason to have Murphy be able to stay home with Alexa Bliss (who the internet is speculating had surgery this week)

I actually like the angle. It helps woth the realism of the weight limit and the name of the show. 

Hell, I'd love to see Bryan work an angle where he cuts weight so he can get a crack at Gulack.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Buddy Murphy failing to make weight so he can't wrestle in Saudi Arabia is weird but I am wondering if that was to give them a story line reason to have Murphy be able to stay home with Alexa Bliss (who the internet is speculating had surgery this week)

Maybe he’s a felon and can’t leave the country. (Jeff Hardy Rule™)  :)

On 4/18/2018 at 8:36 AM, RIPPA said:

I hadn’t seen that rumor anywhere. Also, that relationship dynamic is...strange. Anyway, Murphy’s doing a hell of a job on 205 live. Sucks that he won’t be going to Saudi Arabia...

On 4/18/2018 at 1:34 PM, Wyld Samurai said:

I actually like the angle. It helps woth the realism of the weight limit and the name of the show. 

Hell, I'd love to see Bryan work an angle where he cuts weight so he can get a crack at Gulack.

There is no fucking way Daniel Bryan is 210 pounds.

• Like 1

Bryan's way leaner than he was when retired too.

Really, the only wrestler in WWE whose billed weight I totally buy is Mark Andrews, and that's because we share very similar builds. He makes me have second thoughts about not giving wrestling a shot because I thought I'd be too skinny. Although, I also have a low pain tolerance, poor coordination, and hate traveling, so it probably wasn't ever, ever in the cards. 

15 hours ago, (BP) said:

Bryan's way leaner than he was when retired too.

Really, the only wrestler in WWE whose billed weight I totally buy is Mark Andrews, and that's because we share very similar builds. He makes me have second thoughts about not giving wrestling a shot because I thought I'd be too skinny. Although, I also have a low pain tolerance, poor coordination, and hate traveling, so it probably wasn't ever, ever in the cards. 

All of the 205 Live guys are their billed weights. I know that much. Finn Balor is around 190 and the UK guys are their billed weights. Unlike Vince, HHH has no reason to pack more pounds on his guys just to make them more marketable. If that was the case, Gargano and Ciampa would be 210 pounds and just conveniently above the 205 marker.

I hate Gauntlet matches, but given the structure of this, I suspect Gulak will be the one to take the title off Alexander down the line. Although his no fly zone gimmick means little in that matchup because Alexander is not really a high flier and can pretty much trade holds with anybody.

As or the match with Kalisto, for me, this is where Alexander, if allowed, should absolutely redeem himself and his reign. I expect him to step up and actualize his potential. No more phoning it in. He needs to go in there with the swagger that he is the best fucking wrestler in the world and fucking deliver. Although I am morally against even watching the show on Friday, I do want the best for the 205bLive guys and for that, the championship match needs to be the highlight in every show.

That might be why they're holding off on Nese getting his redemption against Gulak as well, to save it for a title program down the line.  There were some nice callbacks during that segment, with Gulak meekly apologizing to Nese and Nese trying to maintain his composure... until he pushed it too far and went for one too many running knees instead of going for the pin.

I laughed when Kalisto was introduced as the final participant in the gauntlet match.  Yeah, that made the outcome obvious.  However, Kalisto and Cedric should be a hell of a match tomorrow.

23 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

I expect Kalisto to go for the Salida del sol then Cedric to launch him in the air into the Lumbar Check. 

Well you called it. Good match. Not the most creative finish, but a solid match all around. Better than the WM match. 

Well, there goes my dream team of Itami and Tozawa.  I guess now I just have to look forward to them beating the crap out of each other down the line.  Poor Tozawa was so shocked, too.  "Wait, why are you pissed?  You're the one who knocked me off the top rope!"

Good main event between Gulak and Kalisto, but Bizzaro World was burned the hell out after Raw and Smackdown.  Gulak wins, opening up a potential... *sigh*... title opportunity down the road.

And Buddy Murphy annihilated a dude.

22 hours ago, FireThunder said:

Well, there goes my dream team of Itami and Tozawa.  I guess now I just have to look forward to them beating the crap out of each other down the line.  Poor Tozawa was so shocked, too.  "Wait, why are you pissed?  You're the one who knocked me off the top rope!"

Good main event between Gulak and Kalisto, but Bizzaro World was burned the hell out after Raw and Smackdown.  Gulak wins, opening up a potential... *sigh*... title opportunity down the road.

And Buddy Murphy annihilated a dude.

Solid show. Hideo is going to be the greatest heel of all time if he can stay healthy. They really need to give him the GTS back because that new finisher he is working with is bullshit.

Kallisto has been on a roll lately and seems like he has great chemistry with everyone. Gulak however seems poised to dominate everyone as usual and can't wait.

This feud with Murphy/Alexander needs to deliver period. 

I just want to say that I don’t know whose decision it was to give Mustafa/Buddy 18 minutes but whoever it was, I love you forever.

That may have been the best non-PPV/Takeover match I’ve seen all year, at least from WWE. 

• Like 1

Damn, that match was fantastic.  Fast paced, hard hitting, great near falls and continuity with their first match.  Murphy should stop spiking himself on his forehead, though, my goodness.

Really good tag match as well with Lince and Metalik vs Kendrick and Gallagher.  Loved the shade Drew through at Percy on commentary, confusing him with Coach.

Next week: the UK guys make an appearance!  Can I haz Bruiserweight Tiem plz?

I have yet to watch it back but I'm glad I made a lateral move to a section that gave a damn about this show.  Fun opening tag and was amused by Niese's squash.  But holy shit was Ali/Murphy amazing stuff.  I was absolutely in love with what they were doing and that alone made this ticket money well spent.  I'm a huge fan of Ali as a wrestler and person, but Buddy has really been impressing me.  As much as I liked his team with Blake it's great he's having a so far successful singles run.

But while they are going to England next week I'm selfishly wishing at least Pete Dunne was on the show.  If he had a match live you'd think I was channeling OSJ in terms of fandom.

• Haha 1

I'll have to watch NXT tonight to get my Bruiserweight appearance  but we DID get Tyler Bate, Flash Morgan Webster and Kenny Williams!  They fit right in with the division, making for some fun multi-man matches.  Loved the continuity with Bate holding a grudge against TJP for cheating him out of his chance at the cruiserweight title and not only going right after him at the start of the four-way but pinning him with a Tyler Driver '97.  To get his moment, TJP locked THREE guys in simultaneous submission holds.

In the main event, Team No Fun (Drew Gulak, Joseph Connors and James Drake) took on Webster, Mustafa Ali and Cedric Alexander.  Pretty big moment for Webster, putting him in a main event tag match with the two top babyfaces in the division.  I missed where it happened but Webster was bleeding from his mouth bad about halfway through the match.  Badly enough that, after he tagged out, Cedric and the ref both checked on him to see if he was ok.  Ali gets the pin after a beautiful 054 on Drew.

Next week: Hideo Itami and Akira Tozawa meet in the ring to completely destroy my hopes and dreams of them being tag team champs.  And in two weeks, Buddy Murphy gets his title shot at Cedric.

• Like 1

One day. One day soon, I will get Tyler Bate vs Cedric Alexander.

So are any of these guys permanent fixtures for 205 Live? Real shit, the UK title might as well be a secondary title if they still haven't made any effort in putting on a show for it yet.

Gulak broke out the CHIKARA special, Kendrick was great on commentary ("Why didn't he just walk over and dropkick him?") and Itami and Tozawa beat the piss out of each other.

Good job 205. Image result for dethklok banana sticker

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Gulak broke out the CHIKARA special, Kendrick was great on commentary ("Why didn't he just walk over and dropkick him?") and Itami and Tozawa beat the piss out of each other.

Good job 205. Image result for dethklok banana sticker

Time to watch 205 live.  I love the chikara special

• Like 2