DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

If you showed people a 2014 Buddy Murphy & Wesley Blake match from NXT I wonder if people would wonder think it was another Buddy Murphy.   Completely different style and does it so well.    I wonder if he re-invented himself in the last 2 or 3 couple years or he was always a cruiser who was stuck as a tag team guy.

Murphy was a surprise for me. It really makes you think who else in NXT is actually really good but got overshadowed by Indie talent. 

As for Maverick’s promo, I am still ticked that Ali vs Alexander has been regulated to pre-show regardless this match will still the show if given time. It was the match that kicked off the improved 205 and set the standard(I still think that it was better than most of the matches in the tournament). The only tragedy is that it won’t be on the DVD and these guys won’t get any residuals. 

Yeah if you watched Maverick's promo he is telling people that it will be the first match of Wrestlemania and almost begging people not to have a repeat of Kalisto vs Ryback and get into the building.  But it was a great fired up promo.   

Funny how I thought Spud was being wasted in TNA because he was used mostly for talking even though he was pretty good in the ring but obviously that is where he really should be.  

Murphy/Kalisto definitely in my Top-5 so far this year, maybe even my Top-3. Crowd fucking ate it up too. Kudos to both of them. Just awesome.

Think my favorite part was Nigel completely marking out in the background during a near-fall. 

205 Live in general has fucked up my top wrestling matches in WWE. I am almost always guaranteed to get a barn burner out of this show since the, as I like to call it, start of the Enlightenment. The only wrestlers I am not sold on in this show are Noam Dar and Davairi. The former is too mediocre and latter...I’ll be real about Davairi, I feel the dude is far more capable than what he has presented. Like we are all presently surprised by Murphy and how awesome he is, but Davairi feels like he is underperforming if that makes sense. 

That heart and soul stuff was terrible. As were the two of them talking to each other. Match was a big disappointment when compared to last year's cruiserweight match. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That heart and soul stuff was terrible. As were the two of them talking to each other. Match was a big disappointment when compared to last year's cruiserweight match. 

There match before the tournament was way better. Whoever produced this match should get fired like what the fuck?

Kalisto and Tozawa had themselves a pretty good match, hard hitting and fast paced.  Kalisto hits Salida del Sol out of a nifty sequence for the pin.  Next week, a tornado tag match between Lince Dorado/Gran Metalik and Tozawa/Itami.  I'm sure it will be a lot of fun as well, but can we get more teams in the division?

And speak of the devil, The Brian Kendrick is back with Gentleman Jack!  They promise not to retaliate against Itami which... kinda feels like a bold-faced lie.

Gulak beats Andrews with the Gu-Lock.  I feel bad for Mandrews because he's one of the smallest cruiserweights in the division which means he's the perfect foil for a violence machine like Gulak.  Andrews stepped up to the challenge with some decent strikes of his own but winds up getting tapped.  Then Nese saved Andrews from further harm to set up his attempt to seek retribution against Gulak.

Good promo with Drake, Ali, and Cedric to end the show but Buddy Murphy decided to be the turd in the punchbowl and jumped Cedric from behind.  Drake was livid, screaming that he was a disgrace, which might lead somewhere.  I've heard that guy is pretty decent in the ring.

So are the 205 tag titles going to all be tornado rules then?  It would be a nice touch to make them different enough from all the other tag titles. 

Also ... maybe it's because I hadn't watched like 6 weeks of NXT before Takeover, or because I'm used to how atrocious Coach has been on RAW lately, but when did Percy Watson get kinda good at commentary?

• Like 1

Buddy Murphy failing to make weight so he can't wrestle in Saudi Arabia is weird but I am wondering if that was to give them a story line reason to have Murphy be able to stay home with Alexa Bliss (who the internet is speculating had surgery this week)

13 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

That Texas Tornado Match was the business. I really want tonsee the puro's get a third. 

Kalisto's dancing is hilariously awful. 

I think it's more likely that Tozawa and Itami become Nakamura's Singh Brothers.

Which would actually be great if Tozawa is allowed to deliver Germans on bigger guys.

There's talk of this 205 Tag Title, but I look at the WWE Roster page and see all those champions and think 'fucking hell'. So I wonder. A tournament for a trophy might be better - The Jannetty Classic or something (less sarcastically perhaps, The Morton/Gibson Classic).