DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

But I enjoyed Dar/Alicia, especially when Dar went full scummy PoS when he dumped her. Really though they probably can't hit that high point again. Aren't there already plans in the works to run smaller buildings or was that just for tours?

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

But I enjoyed Dar/Alicia, especially when Dar went full scummy PoS when he dumped her. Really though they probably can't hit that high point again. Aren't there already plans in the works to run smaller buildings or was that just for tours?

Apparently the shows last weekend were a test to see if people would go for smaller shows.  If attendance wasn't that good then I don't know how likely they'll be getting that to happen.  With NXT it took a couple years before they ventured outside of Florida, but that made sense.  With 205 they might not want to put more money into it if it's not going to draw.

1 hour ago, w. josh said:

I'd settle for taping at Full Sail every 3-4 weeks, crossing over with the NXT roster whenever it's convenient, and never booking a romantic plotline again.

They still need to tape something on the third hour of Smackdown.  Setting up a new taping costs money, and 205 Live exists because it's cheap to product and to fulfill international syndication deals.

If anything, this is a good spot for them to reboot the show.  Freshen up the roster with some new blood and try something different.

To be perfectly honest, they should better define the brand splits.  Move the tag teams and 205 to Smackdown and sprinkle in some upper card matches for the international syndication deals.  Move the women to Raw.

But that will never happen.

It is not surprising that the 205Live shows had bad ticket sales.  They had one draw who is accused of rape and the other house shows ticket sales are horrible.

I have never been so annoyed with the WWE's incompetence. From the jump, they screwed this show by putting the title on the most vanilla motherfucker in the fucking tournament. I love TJP, but his matches in the CW Tournament were not the highlight of the event. He was just there. And then they gave him the most dead gimmick of a video game nerd. What the fuck. Oh, wait. 205 Live comes on after Smackdown when no one gives a shit anymore and are ready to go to bed.Then the whole Alicia/Dar/Alexander business that ran way too fucking long and went absolutely nowhere. Then you bring Neville over which is great, but you have him bury not just 205 Live, but himself by implying that he joined the division because he could not make it in the main roster. 

After a year of bullshit, you put the fucking title on Enzo. A guy who already had priors and mishaps even before this rape business. And you have the worst wrestler in the WWE become champion because people pop to his stupid fucking catchphrase and don't give a shit afterwards. Oh, so you run a poll asking if fans would like main roster talent to work with 205 which people overwhelming said yes, and you get fucking Goldust?

WWE tried to tank this show. They deliberately did as little as possible. I hope WWE releases these guys so they can work somewhere else. This is bullshit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyuubi said:

And you have the worst wrestler in the WWE become champion because people pop to his stupid fucking catchphrase and don't give a shit afterwards.

This is what killed me.  This show should be about in-ring work, and as soon as Enzo got involved it stopped being that.  I used to watch every single week, as soon as he got that title I slowly lost interest to the point that I have no idea what is going on.  It really feels like they have a strange level of disdain for the wrestlers on this show, the audience who actually enjoys this type of wrestling, and anyone who may actually enjoy the wrestling parts of wrestling.  Neville's title reign was great, and they jobbed him out to the worst guy on the roster.  It killed the show dead.

I thought the fact that the Cruiserweights were supposed to be about "workrate" and Enzo was anything but was the entire gimmick of him being on 205 and winning the title to begin with. Of course, once he started winning matches clean that went out the window. 

Anyway, I'm glad he's gone, but now what? How do they address this on TV? He's their current champ. Do they come right out and say it? Or do they kayfabe it and say that due to his "ankle injury" he's stripped of the title. And then what? Another tournament. But they just did one for the US Title. Just have Gulak defend the title "for Enzo"? Start everything from scratch, fast track Ricochet to the roster and have he and Itami battle over the title? Will be interesting to see how they handle it tonight on 205 Live

2 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I thought the fact that the Cruiserweights were supposed to be about "workrate" and Enzo was anything but was the entire gimmick of him being on 205 and winning the title to begin with. Of course, once he started winning matches clean that went out the window. 

Anyway, I'm glad he's gone, but now what? How do they address this on TV? He's their current champ. Do they come right out and say it? Or do they kayfabe it and say that due to his "ankle injury" he's stripped of the title. And then what? Another tournament. But they just did one for the US Title. Just have Gulak defend the title "for Enzo"? Start everything from scratch, fast track Ricochet to the roster and have he and Itami battle over the title? Will be interesting to see how they handle it tonight on 205 Live

I mostly boycotted the show because Enzo was on there, and with him released I'll be watching going forward.  My viewership might not matter much to them but I just couldn't see  205 Live turn into the Enzo Show.  I'm hoping it's a wakeup call and they get their shit together.  If things don't improve by year's end then might as well can the show and set them all free.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Wait wait wait wait we're not bitching about Goldust are we?

Goldust is awesome. My problem is that WWE does the least to help this show or it's roster. Instead of getting any of the guys rub like having one them compete against guys like Finn Balor or Roman Reigns when he was doing that John Cena US gimmick, they say, "Hey, let's bring over a guy that we consistently and unfairly buried for years." And also it was a backhanded way of dealing with fan demand.

I never watched it because from the start it was never about wrestling and they put minimal effort into actually getting the guys over.

It goes back to NXT and Full Sail not preparing their talent for what awaits them on the main roster.  Whereas in NXT, you are told to connect with the audience and get over on the main roster you are not allowed to get over unless they tell you to get over.  In NXT, workrate and wins and losses are important; on the main roster none of that matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

It really feels like they have a strange level of disdain for the wrestlers on this show, the audience who actually enjoys this type of wrestling, and anyone who may actually enjoy the wrestling parts of wrestling.  Neville's title reign was great, and they jobbed him out to the worst guy on the roster.  It killed the show dead.

Gee, who in the company could possibly have a disdain for undersized wrestlers, his audience, and anyone who enjoys wrestling for wrestling? Whomever it is, I bet he has an affinity for cocaine, steroids, and Red Bull. I bet said individual also started a bodybuilding federation and a football league that both failed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was always surprised how much disdain 205 Live seemed to get from the beginning, given how many people were able to get hired because of it who would likely never have been hired in the first place.  I would think most fans would be supportive because of that.