DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

OTOH, Ellsworth has multiple wins over the current WWE champion.

Fluke wins. Not clean ones. I have no problem with Enzo winning dirty and being underhanded. I expect that.  I do have a problem when Enzo is beating guys more coordinated, skilled, and quite frankly stronger than him because they can't take being thrown into a barricade by a guy they can bench press or too fucking stupid to not figure how to handle a guy whose entire offense is just pushing them off the ropes. It's bullshit. Losing to Enzo clean is like losing to Michael Cole and the fact that this guy is the champion of 205 is straight burial for everyone in this division.

14 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

The issue with this is that no one buys Enzo as legitimate or even capable. The guy is one rung above Ellsworth and if you are telling me that Ellsworth could compete with the likes of Bate, Alexander, and company, then we have a problem because Vince seems to think that size is the only reason Enzo can't compete with the heavyweights.

I mean I get your point, but no champ should lose back to back televised matches clean. 

Course they shouldn't have booked Bates in that case, but eh.

That was a pretty good episode.  The tornado tag match was wild, Ali and Daivari had their usual solid match, and the main event was really fun.

Drew Gulak and Enzo are such a great team together.  I think Enzo is starting to understand why he irritated Cass to no end.  And they both spent the match heeling it up with the birthday song, noise makers, threats to send Kalisto into the cake (additional points for IT'S PARTY TIME)... pretty entertaining stuff.  I was surprised that Tozawa didn't come out at the end to even things up, but the challenger looks strong going into Sunday.

I freakin loved the tornado tag. Swann introducing Cedric as the hometown guy had me buy in to all the false finishes on Cedric. "Here's where they job him out in his hometown....oh 2 count....Ok, HERE'S where they job him out...Swann with the save....they won?..."

• Like 2

First things first: Hideo Itami video package!

It's amazing the difference a hot crowd makes for this show.  The street fight was a pretty sweet match.  Gulak's promo while dressed for a street fight was tremendous as was him being in time out in a gooker costumer for losing.  Nese and Ali had their usual decent match and the tag team main event was solid.  So we've got the lines established, the heels trying to keep Enzo in power because money and swag.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for Itami since it feels like he could easily be doing bigger/better things than working with the cruiserweights. On the other hand I also thought he was a goner with the lack of NXT appearances so it is nice they are giving him a chance on the main roster.

It’s the best case scenario for him now, but there is a strain of cruel irony to all of this. He spent years fighting his way out of the junior heavyweight division in Japan, only to—years later—end up in an even less featured version in WWE. Then again, I’m not sure I’d wish current NOAH on anyone, and I’m hopeful he can carry himself like enough of a star to quickly convince the audience he is. (Selfishly, I like this show, and I like him. So.)

• Sad 1

In recent weeks I honestly want to say 205 Live has better storylines and character development than either main roster show.  Probably because there are only a dozen or so people there and none of the higher ups are really paying it any attention.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

In recent weeks I honestly want to say 205 Live has better storylines and character development than either main roster show.  Probably because there are only a dozen or so people there and none of the higher ups are really paying it any attention.

I mean it helps that Enzo is a heat magnet. Makes everything come across better.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2017 at 7:34 PM, Kyuubi said:

Fluke wins. Not clean ones. I have no problem with Enzo winning dirty and being underhanded. I expect that.  I do have a problem when Enzo is beating guys more coordinated, skilled, and quite frankly stronger than him because they can't take being thrown into a barricade by a guy they can bench press or too fucking stupid to not figure how to handle a guy whose entire offense is just pushing them off the ropes. It's bullshit. Losing to Enzo clean is like losing to Michael Cole and the fact that this guy is the champion of 205 is straight burial for everyone in this division.

Jeez. Please take this more seriously. Enzo sells merch and gets a reaction. That’s why he’s 205 Live champ. Work rate shouldn’t play a significant part in this...

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Jeez. Please take this more seriously. Enzo sells merch and gets a reaction. That’s why he’s 205 Live champ. Work rate shouldn’t play a significant part in this...

This.

I mean Enzo is called out on air as being the worst 205 worker. They're essentially running a loudmouth chickenshit heel gimmick. Enzo can't outwrestle them, so he takes short cuts.

Going to be glorious when Itami beats the fuck out of him. 

• Like 2

On 11/22/2017 at 1:37 PM, just drew said:

He was selling merch and getting reactions when he was getting his ass handed to him every goddamn week too. Probably more than he does now. He is one of those people who do not need to win to be profitable. Especially if him winning buries everyone else he wins over. My problem is that he wins clean at all. It doesn't help when no one in 205 outside of Enzo or Neville have any merchandise to sell.

On 26/11/2017 at 4:26 AM, Kyuubi said:

He was selling merch and getting reactions when he was getting his ass handed to him every goddamn week too. Probably more than he does now. He is one of those people who do not need to win to be profitable. Especially if him winning buries everyone else he wins over. My problem is that he wins clean at all. It doesn't help when no one in 205 outside of Enzo or Neville have any merchandise to sell.

To be fair, Enzo isn't beating guys like Cedric or TJP or Swann cleanly on a weekly basis. And he won't beat Itami clean at all. So they're protecting the guys who can stomp his ass 

On 11/25/2017 at 11:26 PM, Kyuubi said:

Who cares if he buries a bunch of guys with no upside? Enzo is the commodity. Everyone else inside that division, outside of Swann, Alexander, and Gallagher, should be used to elevate said commodity.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, just drew said:

Who cares if he buries a bunch of guys with no upside?

The original point was being made about Tyler Bate - to say he doesn't have an upside is laughable considering he was supposed to be the face of the UK Show and put on what many still consider to be one of the best matches of the year.

Also you need more Gran Metallik in your life before you say further ignorant things.

• Like 2