DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Valcourt said:

Didn't know R.D. Evans was a writer for WWE. Saw a picture of him and Drew Gulack backstage from the show and was surprised. Good for him! I wonder what his contributions have been so far.

More importantly, what time line is he from.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Valcourt said:

Didn't know R.D. Evans was a writer for WWE. Saw a picture of him and Drew Gulack backstage from the show and was surprised. Good for him! I wonder what his contributions have been so far.

For some reason, bald RD Evans is what I imagine Dave Chappelle  would look like if he played Dave Chappelle's white half-brother in a Chappelle show skit.

• Like 2

Meltzer on the radio show said there had been plans for awhile to revamp 205 Live and right now the plan (as seen this week) is to make it the Enzo Amore show.

I just loved the quote he had

"Enzo's annoying. They (meaning the WWE) know he is annoying But the crowd doesn't know he is annoying."

Basically Dave said that while booking him as a heel - they still want him to act like a face because they want to keep his merch sales up (so hence things like him still high five kids after attacking Neville with a crutch)

On 9/28/2017 at 6:09 AM, RIPPA said:

Meltzer on the radio show said there had been plans for awhile to revamp 205 Live and right now the plan (as seen this week) is to make it the Enzo Amore show.

The Enzo Amore Show: Mondays on CBS, right after The Big Bang Theory, and before Young Sheldon! 

1 hour ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

The Enzo Amore Show: Mondays on CBS, right after The Big Bang Theory, and before Young Sheldon! 

The Enzo Show would be the best of the three. The other two should be used to torture POW's.

• Haha 3

This episode started with an Enzo vs Kalisto promo.  I'm not sure what I did to deserve this, but there it is.

The only thing I really dug this week was pissed off Cedric finally beating the hell out of Gallagher, with a sneak attack on Kendrick for good measure before the match to ensure that he wouldn't interfere.  Heel Gallagher held his own in the match, too.  Physical confrontation with an ending that insured that this feud will continue.

I follow Enzo on Instagram, since he's  been  champ he's  been fun to follow, I haven't  watch 205 in months so im not bothered about him being champ. If I had the to watch 205 I would destest him getting the belt over Tozawa of Gallagher b/c I really enjoy 205 when I have watched it but when it was clear they werent goingto  just Tozawa  a run as champ , I wadnt going out my way to watch the show. Its a good wrestling show and it reminds me of  NXT redemption with the segments but still no one haa any steam or heat except Enzo sadly  but its not the guys fault

On 9/28/2017 at 8:30 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

Well, the show was fun while it lasted.

According to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer (subscription need), the 205 Live episode for September 26th was among the top 10 most-watched shows on the WWE Network – ranked 7th.

Previously, according to Meltzer, 205 Live was ranking around the same spot as NXT, which usually hangs around the number 14 spot on most-watched shows. As well as normally loosing to NXT, the 205 Live shows are also usually beaten by WrestleMania’s on a weekly basis – ‘Mania shows usually rank around the number 10 spot.

At 7th, 205 Live is finally out-ranking NXT and WrestleMania events. And it’s all down to Enzo.

If you can’t remember the September 26th edition of 205 Live, or simply didn’t watch, the show heavily featured Amore, from start to finish. And it was the first show following his Cruiserweight title victory.

Yeah, this show will never last with Enzo as the main focus!

• Haha 1

Rumors are Neville walked out of RAW and quit last night when he was scheduled to lose to Enzo in the Cruiserweight Lumberjack match

EDIT: I see this was already brought up and is being discussed in the OCTOBER JIBBER JABBER Thread. Nevermind.  :)

I watched that episode of Main Event and saw that move.  I think Dorado got up on the springboard and realized he didn't have the rotation so he just casually turned it into a senton bomb.

Really fun best two out of three falls match between Swann and TJP this week.  Swann used a springboard phoenix splash (!) during the match and won in two straight falls.

Main event was fun too, with Kalisto teaming up with Mustafa Ali to beat Enzo and Ariya Daivari.  During the match, Kalisto connects with a sweet no-hands springboard into a Pele kick while I continue to wonder why it took them this damn long to move him to the cruiserweight division.

And Drew Gulak continues to be entertaining (and woke) and Tozawa continues to be a great seller.

On 9/27/2017 at 7:11 PM, Valcourt said:

I find it extremely ironic that a man where you really have to follow his history (something for a long period) in order to understand what is going is working for a company that can barely remember what it did last week.

• Haha 1

That's probably why they hired him. 

"Someone knows what continuity and long form storytelling is? Hire them! Then change everything they write at the last minute!"

• Haha 2

Well the only enjoyment that I will get out this show is the moment Cedric puts too much oomph in his Lumbar Check and breaks Enzo's back thus changing the move's or his name to the fashionably gay, but acceptable Brokeback Mountain.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

...I think Vince gets a stiffy of making hometown heroes lose because this shit is ridiculous.

I mean Enzo did lose to Dunne the previous night. 

Chances are Vince would only sign off on one guy beating Enzo, and they went with the UK Champ who really couldn't afford to lose to Enzo. 

13 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

I mean Enzo did lose to Dunne the previous night. 

Chances are Vince would only sign off on one guy beating Enzo, and they went with the UK Champ who really couldn't afford to lose to Enzo. 

The issue with this is that no one buys Enzo as legitimate or even capable. The guy is one rung above Ellsworth and if you are telling me that Ellsworth could compete with the likes of Bate, Alexander, and company, then we have a problem because Vince seems to think that size is the only reason Enzo can't compete with the heavyweights.

2 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

The issue with this is that no one buys Enzo as legitimate or even capable. The guy is one rung above Ellsworth and if you are telling me that Ellsworth could compete with the likes of Bate, Alexander, and company, then we have a problem because Vince seems to think that size is the only reason Enzo can't compete with the heavyweights.

OTOH, Ellsworth has multiple wins over the current WWE champion.