DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

Reiterating that Tozawa/Neville was very good, despite that awful fucking crowd. Surprised it took this long for Enzo to show up on 205Live, to be honest...hopefully this is a short visit before he gets permanently moved to the broadcast booth.

Metallik's springboard moonsault is such an amazing move. Big YIKES to Cedric screaming "fuck it" in the opening tag, though.

Enzo was... entertaining?  His promo with his team was fun, describing them as a recipe.  Cheating to win was... unexpected?  And if I never see Metalik try to do his chicken dance again, it'll be too soon.  At least Enzo hit his finisher cleanly.  And Neville still considers him a joke which might not be wise.

The rest of the show was... hrm.  Is it a WWE wide thing where babyfaces are made to look like complete dopes?  Because that ending with Kendrick and Gallagher was fucking awful.  Kendrick makes a joke of Gallagher for weeks on end and the end result is that Kendrick busts open Gallagher and DDTs him on the ring bell for the win.  I had no idea Kendrick was Spanish for "Alexa Bliss".

Also, TJP was faking his injury, what a shock.

That was a damn good match that told the story they've set out with Enzo, that he's using his cunning to get wins.  Y'know... cheating.  He sneaks in after Cedric gets three eliminations with Lumbar Checks and rolls Cedric up with a handful of tights to steal the title shot.

I thought Nigel was really good on commentary as well.

• Like 3

Gosh, where to start with this show?

Yet another wonderful TJP/Swann match.  I'd be glad to see this end here, but they do mesh really well together.

Drew Gulak coming out to continue his PowerPoint presentation only to get interrupted by Breezango who proceed to arrest him in a pretty funny segment.  I'm amazed Gulak didn't corpse when 'Dango was rubbing his nose all over his face.  As an aside, more of this would help the cruiserweight division tremendously: have them interact with people outside the weight class.

And finally, we get the emergence of heel Jack Gallagher.  He runs out to interrupt Kendrick/Cedric, threatens Kendrick, and then proceeds to beat the dogshit out of Cedric before shaking hands with Kendrick.  I'm on board.

31 minutes ago, FireThunder said:

Drew Gulak coming out to continue his PowerPoint presentation only to get interrupted by Breezango who proceed to arrest him in a pretty funny segment.  I'm amazed Gulak didn't corpse when 'Dango was rubbing his nose all over his face.  As an aside, more of this would help the cruiserweight division tremendously: have them interact with people outside the weight class.

I assume his military background helped him maintain his discipline. 

On 9/13/2017 at 7:25 AM, RIPPA said:

Heel Jack Gallagher is amazing - especially if they somehow blame it on him getting married

Too bad only a dozen people will see it

If Gallagher's heel turn sticks, I think this makes The Brian Kendrick a better cult leader than Bray Wyatt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

"Okada" on 205 Live as a Tekken character featured on a Drew Gulak produced slideshow is a tremendous easter egg. 

As surprising as that was, I was more amused by the fact that Microsoft Office's twitter account tweeted about it last week.  If there's one guy that would get such attention it'd be Drew Guiak.  After all, this is the same guy that came out in Evolve to the instrumental version of "Tell it to my heart" (which I absolutely loved)

• Like 5

On 9/13/2017 at 7:25 AM, RIPPA said:

Heel Jack Gallagher is amazing - especially if they somehow blame it on him getting married

Too bad only a dozen people will see it

Ha, well they sorta did.

And how does Dasha *still* have this role?

Man, how about that promo to end the show?  Neville eviscerates Enzo on the mic.  Enzo responds by kicking Neville in the balls to a chorus of boos.

The rest of the show was pretty much filler.  The mutual admiration society between Gulak and McGuinness was pretty funny, as was Gulak's thousand mile stare as he remembered the injustices he encountered in "fashion jail".

Neville is a gosh darn gem, so very overlooked but a consistent worker, a carpenter, under-rated on the mic AND brilliant with the silent seething and great with his gimmick. He adds a real sense of legitimacy to this show by making the belt be a real prize.

(get a room),

RAF

• Like 1

I wonder if he put extra mustard on it because Gulak was at ringside.  Gulak is really entertaining in his role of "fun police".

That was a good call in the Raw thread about Enzo refusing to defend the title against any of the cruiserweights because they attacked him.  I guess we'll have to see where the end game is in all this.