DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

And THAT is a definitive end to a feud.  Kendrick gets DDT'd on the steps, then Tozawa hits a BIG ASS SENTON on him through a table on the outside.  Main event had a bad blood feel to it too, with both Kendrick and Tozawa getting whipped with Kendrick's belt.  Very nicely done, I thought.

• Like 3

Kendrick v Tozawa was good to watch and put over Tozawa decisively which is kind of a rariety these days. Also it is a picture perfect example how the show format isn't helping the cruisers. The crowd came alive at a few points during the match, but considering those two are part of the more over guys and thos was the blow off to a lenghty and well-built feud there wasn't any real heat.

That guy they brought in to ham&egg for Alexander was kind of fun.

I liked the catfight between Sasha and Alicia which culminated with Sasha pulling out a lock of Alicia's hair.  Meanwhile, in the ring, Noam Dar picked up the win over Rich Swann.

My favorite moment of the night was during the match between Drew Gulak and Mustafa Ali.  At the beginning of the match, Gulak came out with his sign and megaphone and started his anti-high flying screed... only to get interrupted by Ali taking him out with a huge somersault plancha!  I stood up out of my seat for that.  Gulak gets the win with a roll-through on a crossbody and brags about how he won because Ali took to the sky.

Cedric still isn't playing around, another nice tune up match for him.

Nice video package for Tozawa after his big win last week.  Hopefully this means that he gets some title matches soon.

Finally, main event promo time as Austin Aries comes out to rub salt in the wound of Neville by showing footage of when he tapped out on Raw.  He shows it multiple times and in slow motion.  Finally Neville comes out to avenge his pride (to the tune of "You tapped out!" chants).  TJP jumps Aries from behind and Neville takes out Aries' bad knee.    TJP makes Aries kneel in front of Neville before Neville locks the Rings of Saturn on Aries until he passes out.  And thus, the title match at Extreme Rules is set.

On the one hand, I think it's Aries time to take the title, but I hate seeing him limited to the cruiserweight division. There's no reason why Austin Aries shouldn't be on Smackdown mixing it up with AJ, Nakamura, Sami, and KO. I hate seeing the cruiserweights limited to two segments on Raw and 205 Live in front of a horrible crowd. These guys are so much better than that. For god sakes, the Bollywood Boyz got to escape the CW division to be Jinder's lackeys. If creative can find something for them, it is possible to find something for guys who are far better.

15 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Yeah if Neville keeps the belt then Tozawa should be the next challenger but if Aries wins then Tozawa would need another person to feud with.

Cedric should be considered for a face vs face feud with Tozawa.  Tozawa can claim he's been on a roll, and Cedric can show a renewed focus to getting the title and Akira's in his way.  If they must have a heel against Akira then this won't work, but I'd sure like to see it.  Plus the match(es) between them just have to be good.

If it absolutely needs to be a heel feuding with Akira then I guess TJP, but video game stuff aside I've soured on him.  I feel there needs to be another main even heel for the division, and as much as I love guys like Gulak and Neese they're more in a midcard type spot.  I wouldn't mind seeing in time Gulak stop the (awesome) campaign and get serious and wreck fools towards the title.

• Like 1

Damn good main event.  Two cocky, arrogant guys just disrespecting and beating the hell out of each other.  I really liked the end sequence when TJP had the kneebar and released it when Neville got closer to the ropes.  After he dragged Neville back to the middle of the ring, Neville rolls through and reverses to the Rings and gets the submission.

Glad to see they moved Cedric away from Noam and Alicia right away.  Lumbar Check OUTTA NOWHERE.

Also glad to see them follow up on Titus recruiting Tozawa.  I'd be down for a Crews/Tozawa tag team.

• Like 1

I'd buy a Tozawa Towel.

Seeds for an Austin Aries heel turn are planted as he tries to corrupt Gentleman Jack into taking a few short cuts here and there after Jack loses to Tony Nese, who had taken one of those shortcuts, feigning an injury before attacking Gallagher when his guard was down.

Mustafa Ali beats Drew Gulak with a roll-through cradle and not the reverse 450.  So see, Ali wins by playing Gulak's game!  But wait... does that mean, in the long run, that Gulak actually won?  Hmm...

Quite a good main event that had the crowd rocking near the end.  The Titus Brand paid for a ringside seat next to the announce table for Tozawa to scout Neville and this was a funny sight.  The comfy looking chair was roped off with a purple velvet rope, there was a placeholder card and Titus even sprang for refreshments.  I thought it would have been funny to have Tozawa caught on camera taking a drink of soda or grabbing a handful of popcorn while watching the match.  

Rich Swann and Neville have always had good chemistry and this match was no different.  Great storytelling in the match, too, with Swann knowing that if Neville got too much momentum, he'd lose for sure.  One moment that led to a huge reaction was when Neville picked Swann up by the hair, Swann got an infuriated look on his face and then broke free and drilled Neville with a gorgeous looking superkick.  Swann threw everything he had at Neville to try to top him, but misses his final shot with a Phoenix Splash and Neville gets the submission with the Rings.  He then gloats at Tozawa as Tozawa stares him down to end the show.

• Like 1

Great episode for the above reasons.  Big fan of Ali and love Drew so happy to see them feuding, and Rich looked awesome even in defeat.  The look when his hair was pulled was tremendous.

Wasn't there a report several weeks back that 205Live was getting such low viewership on the Network that random old eps of Nitro and things like that were beating it out? Yet, for the last two weeks (at least) I've seen reports showing the top 20 viewed programs on the Network and 205Live is in the Top 5. I hadn't really paid any attention to 205Live viewership until that report that said it was low, so I don't know if this is a recent spike, or if that other report was just a bunch of hooey.

3 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Wasn't there a report several weeks back that 205Live was getting such low viewership on the Network that random old eps of Nitro and things like that were beating it out? Yet, for the last two weeks (at least) I've seen reports showing the top 20 viewed programs on the Network and 205Live is in the Top 5. I hadn't really paid any attention to 205Live viewership until that report that said it was low, so I don't know if this is a recent spike, or if that other report was just a bunch of hooey.

From the Observer this week: 

"No real surprises on the most-watched network shows from last week: 1. Money in the Bank PPV; 2. NXT on 6/14 (given the competition since it was PPV week that’s a good sign); 3. Extreme Rules PPV; 4. Money in the Bank post-game show; 5. Reborn by Fate: Hardys interview; 6. WrestleMania 33; 7. This Week in WWE; 8. Bring it to the Table from 6/12; 9. 2011 Money in the Bank PPV; 10. Money in the Bank pre-game show (that’s way low from what you’d think). Talking Smack was 11th and 205 Live was 12th."

So everything that beat it out last week at least makes sense, no random Nitros or anything like that.  

I don't know, but that wasn't a wise move on his part.  Hope it didn't hit anybody.

Good episode, highlight being Ali/Gulak who work really well together.  Gulak with the shaky legs doing the splash was quite humorous.  Along with losing Gulak can use that as evidence that flying is not good for 205.  Good stuff.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FireThunder said:

Good, strong promo from Neville to close the show.

My favorite part of the show was Ali/Gulak with Gulak's Superfly Splash.

My reaction to the Dar/Cedric horseshit again this week:

Damnit, I'm a sucker for MST3K and Lebowski references, so kudos to you.

I'm hoping Dar moves on to feud with somebody else.  Both him and Cedric have been largely stuck in this feud.  And while Cedric's trying to break out he does need something to do before a possible Summerslam title match.  Here's hoping from July on he gets closer to the title shot after the GBOF show.

See, even Noam Dar is tired of this feud.

Fun show that started with an entertaining match between Neville and Lince Dorado. As usual, Neville is amazing as a heel in his prematch promo with Titus (blowing off the YOU'RE NOT STROWMAN chant) and with the nasty powerbomb/rings finish.  Lince got to look like a house of fire for a short stretch as well, which is nice since we get to see him once every three months or so...

It ended with another good match between TJP and Rich Swann that had the crowd really into it by the finish.  Back and forth match that saw Swann pick up the win after a series of pinning reversals.  Even though he's furious at losing, TJP ignores his inner villain and shows respect for his old friend.

...I am fucking sick of Noam Dar. Send Dar to NXT with Ho Ho Lun, and keep Cedric as far away from Alicia Fox as humanly possible because this entire debacle turned me off from 205Live.

I get it. He is the technical limb focused dude, but he is do fucking generic. Gulak and TJP were those technical dudes and are quite frankly better at it than him. He has generic offense so much so that I honestly can't believe that he had a following in the indies. He is a terrible matchup for anybody especially Cedric who is top tier in terms of potential. I do not get why Vince keeps pushing this feud and why Cedric is ensnared in this bullshit. Maybe he found it funny how Dar says Alicia's last name, I don't fucking know, but for fuck's sake, end this feud.