DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

Every time I watch this show I like it, but it's not a part of my normal routine so I'm usually pretty behind. I already watch enough wrestling as it is (Raw, SD, NXT, ROH, Impact) so it's hard to find time to squeeze in another hour,

• Like 1

I couldn't put my finger on what's been missing from this show the past few weeks and it turns out it's Tajiri. Looks like his last injury puts him out the WWE all together which is really too bad as I was hoping for him to work a program with Aries.

At this point, I wouldn't expect anything less from Neville and Gallagher.  The familiarity they have with each other is really starting to show in their matches.

I enjoyed the tag match, pretty solid stuff.

Rewatching the show, I somehow forgot to mention Ali's gorgeous top rope somersault onto Gulak.  It was a long night.

Kind of a meh show this week.  Not actively bad, just kind of... there.

Somebody complained on JR's Facebook yesterday that the heels never win on 205 Live.  BOOM.  

TJP (most wrestlers lose their first name, Perkins has officially lost his last name) beats Lince Dorado, Drew Gulak beats Mustafa Ali, and Noam Dar beats Rich Swann in the main event... and more importantly, wins back Alicia FAWWWWWWWWWWKS.

Also, much like shitting on the dab, Graves shitting on Tom "Face Fucker" Phillips will never not be entertaining.

8 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

If Gulak wants to be the biggest Heel on the show all his matches are under Gulak rules which is just WCW 1992 rules.

Yep, I am definitely too young to get this reference. I googled and I am still confused.

4 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Yep, I am definitely too young to get this reference. I googled and I am still confused.

Among other things, when Bill Watts too control of WCW he banned wrestlers from coming off the top rope.

• Like 1

205 Live was a hot little show last night with a couple of long-ish matches.  The show opened with a segment where Jack Gallagher toasted Austin Aries for saving him from TJP's attack on Raw, Aries saying he only did it because TJP had injured him previously and Gallagher promising to make sure Aries makes it to his championship match at Extreme Rules... which I'm pretty sure they haven't announced yet.  Neville's pyro interrupts a round of "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" and Neville and TJP break up the festivities with a good old fashioned brawl, which Gallagher and Aries finally get the better of.  They then finish their toast as the heels scamper off.  Props to Neville for his sweet bump over the announcer's table and Aries for his banter (I'm more of a red wine guy.  It's full of antioxidants, it's good for you!).

Tony Nese and Mustafa Ali had a really good match.  Back and forth, camera cut to the back a few times to show Drew Gulak showing disapproval whenever Ali busted out a high flying move.  Ali wins with the inverted 450, much to the chagrin of Gulak.

Rich Arab Ariya Daivari belittled a shoe shine guy back stage.  HE'S NOT FROM AROUND HERE.  HE HAS HIS OWN CUSTOMS.  CHECK OUT HIS CRAZY PASSPORT.  The segment ends when he tries to push Akira Tozawa around, but Tozawa chases him off with his war chant.

Tozawa and Brian Kendrick had yet another match.  No surprise, it was damn good.  Tozawa wins with a rollup reversal out of Sliced Bread #2 and Kendrick snaps and beats him down extensively with the steel steps saying he was done with him.  So... yeah...

2 hours ago, FireThunder said:

Tozawa and Brian Kendrick had yet another match.  No surprise, it was damn good.  Tozawa wins with a rollup reversal out of Sliced Bread #2 and Kendrick snaps and beats him down extensively with the steel steps saying he was done with him.  So... yeah...

With Extreme Rules coming up and that ending, could we be in for the long awaited return of the classic Big Show/Eric Rowan stairs match gimmick?

I finally hauled myself onto the couch watching 205Live for three consecutive weeks. I honestly think it's well done as a show. Unfortunately the crowd is mostly worn out and tired it seems,  although the UK crowd seemed a little livelier.

Tozawa vs Kendrick was really good. Plus from reading the board I'm probably part of a minority, but I enjoy TJP.

Somebody alert the Main Event police: Gran Metalik escaped and made an appearance on 205 Live!  He had a really good match with Noam Dar which Dar wins with the Supernova kick.

Mustafa Ali gets the holy hell beaten out of him by Drew Gulak and Tony Nese.  Hopefully they took Ali out to dinner afterwards because he made Gulak and Nese look like a million bucks.  The bump off the post was especially brutal.

Main event time, another solid TJP/Aries match.  TJP spends the majority of the main event working over Aries' knee.  Aries gets the win with the Last Chancery and HERE COMES NEVILLE.  He works over the knee for a few more minutes before the gentlemanly cavalry arrives and Jack Gallagher saves the day with William III.  Bonus points for the "William Regal Scowl" that Gallagher had on his face when Neville escaped.

Next week, a street fight between Tozawa and Kendrick.  And Cedric's back next week, y'all!

• Like 1

Graves losing it was tremendous.  I just love not only the chemistry he has with Phillips but that they seem to really dig each other.  If he wasn't told in the headset to get serious I bet they'd still be laughing about *POOF*.  I miss Mauro a ton, but seeing just them together on this show makes me happy.  One bit that might be lost in all this is Gallagher saying he'll let the whole Daivari's remark slide so they don't get in the scoundrel business again.  Then he slips off and looks back  (can barely see him but he's there) to see Daivari open the box.  I thought that was a funny unintentional yet probably dig at Daivari for old time's sake.

Haven't seen the main yet, but Ali took one helluva beating from Gulak.  I'm really liking their feud, as well as the street fight that's coming next week.  And Cedric returning is wonderful news.  Here's hoping they know not to screw him up like they did before.

They had a simple chance of protecting Metallik by having Alicia Fox do something in the finish. Trip him up, distract him...they didn´t. So we had a good match with a clean heel win over the guy that had vanished from the featured shows.

Tozawa got his head crushed between the ringsteps and is back next week for a streetfight. Seems a little rushed imo.

The beatdown on Ali was VICIOUS. But since no ringsteps were involved, he will probably be back next week, won´t he?