DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

Really fun show. I love Lorcan's intensity and physical charisma, but man that name...it's not quite Chilly McFreeze, but it does him no favors. 

Kendrick/Tozawa has been a bit spotty in execution, but I like the story they are trying to tell and tonight was another nice chapter in it.

I really want the Gulak stuff to go somewhere as I am a fan of the guys work and I think he could get some heat with an anti-cruiserweight style. Well depending on the crowd. Always a crapshoot with being stuck in the spot they are in.

4 Way was great. Everybody got the chance to shine and the right guy won, but I really want an extended Neville/Ali title match on PPV at some point. 

I'm calling it now, Ali's challenging for the title at Summerslam and will win it.  Which would be amazing considering of all the well-known indy dudes from CWC it's a guy most never heard of that's having one helluva success story.  Such a great 4-way match and the episode in general was pretty great.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

What I kinda want from the Tozawa vs Kendrick feud is for Tozawa to start using the lessons Kendrick has used against him. 

A nice wrinkle to the story would be Tozawa is in a tough match with someone and ends up using one of Kendrick's lessons/tactics to win. Kendrick calls him out on it proving he is getting in Tozawa's head.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Pretty good Gallagher/TJP match tonight. Heel TJP is a good idea, hopefully this'll mean the end of his lame gaming puns. 

If they want him to be a heel, TJ should double down on the gaming puns.  Makes me want to hate him.

Nice of Noam to buy Alicia Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  that cocaine.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

If they want him to be a heel, TJ should double down on the gaming puns.  Makes me want to hate him.

Nice of Noam to buy Alicia Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  that cocaine.  

I don't know when Noam started this, but I love how he'll just say Alicia most of the promo.  Then when it's time to end it he draws the last name out so long.  I kept waiting and waiting for it, and when he was done I couldn't help but laugh.  Great stuff.

Loved Ali/Kendrick.  Fun match that pushed further the Kendrick/Tozawa story and done in a way Brian didn't look weak losing.  The Captain's Hook from the ropes at the end was pretty gnarly.  And TJP/Gallagher was great.  I'm hoping they change TJ's entrance so it's more of a video game villain vibe.

The work on 205 Live has been really good lately. It's a shame that it isn't done in front of a hot crowd because I know it's hard for a lot of people to enjoy the matches with the bad crowds.

If some of these matches happened in front of an EVOLVE crowd, they'd be getting tons of love.

• Like 1

Eh? EVOLVE has notoriously shitty crowds more often than not. It's the one thing holding me back from really getting attached to the company. PWG and Progress have great crowds. And yeah, I find it hard to watch 205 live because of the crowds. It was so sad watching Oney go crazy intense with Swann and the crowd couldn't give a fuck. So lame. Either put it on before Smackdown or tape it in full sail and change the (stupid) name. 

• Like 2

I swear I remember somebody here posting a few weeks back how TJ Perkins should adopt the Jericho "C'Mon Baby!" one foot on the chest and pose pin but with a dab. He did it in the match last night against Aries. Just another to add to the list to prove that everybody in WWE is secretly reading the board ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie M. said:

Jim Duggan will take him out of the dumpster in a few weeks.

and start wearing him as a championship belt?

Speaking of Duggan, he's doing stand up. He was in my neck of the woods tonight at the Stress Factory in New Brunswick. I wonder if he tells the dildo blender story.

http://stressfactory.com/mobile/show.cfm?id=482006