DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

I don't know why they don't just do it "live to tape" BEFORE the Live SD begins. That way, the crowd is hyped because it's the first wrestling of the night and they're not burned out yet. A Cruiserweight hour would be the perfect "warm-up act" before the main show begins. Just seems so counterproductive to be doing it after all the "big name guys" have come out and done their show in front of a tired crowd, most of which are leaving the arena to beat the traffic.

On 1/13/2017 at 4:24 AM, Big Rob said:

I actually thought this was easily the best episode so far, the matches seemed to get a bit more time to breathe and I don't mind the soap opera angle although Foxy's meltdown was shocking. 

How so.  Given the number of times in the past that they've run with the "Alicia Fox's character is cray-cray", teasing another crazy heel turn is a fairly predictable development.

34 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

How so.  Given the number of times in the past that they've run with the "Alicia Fox's character is cray-cray", teasing another crazy heel turn is a fairly predictable development.

Shockingly acted, not surprising. 

23 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

This was really really fun this week imo. Cedric/Gulak and Daivari/Gallagher were pretty damn great.

I also really enjoyed Nese/Ali. I hope Nese gets a title run at some point. I think I'd rather see Nese in Neville's spot proclaiming himself "King of the cruiserweights" and paired off with Swann.

Very fun episode tonight. Gulak/Cedric was really good and I'm enjoying the stuff with Dar & Alicia. Neese/Ali was decent and one of Neese's better showings on the show. Daivari/Gallagher was good and a nice way to end the feud. I'm curious where they go with both now.

Obviously that would have been better in front of a hotter crowd (like most matches), but Gallagher and Daivari did a pretty great job there. Getting that much silliness and some hate into the same match is an admirable accomplishment.

• Like 1

I watched last weeks episode earlier and the video for the I Forfeit match was amazing. The cruiserweight division might be horribly booked, but I'll say the two videos they did for this match and Swann/Neville were pretty damn good.

Gallagher vs. Daivari might be an early running for my top 10 with the WWE this year. It was a great back and forth and I loved the ending. If Darren Young won't use the Chickenwing, Gallagher has to as a finisher. It was perfect for him.

I guess it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Neville is winning the title at the Rumble. They really need some sort of standing of some sort because I don't want it to be Neville vs. Perkins next.

Yeah they need to take this show somewhere else, tour the ballrooms, do something with it - honestly when you're getting ''Goldberg'', ''CM Punk'' and ''New Day'' chants during a fucking awesome Neville/Cedric match in front of a relatively hot crowd for the most part it's time to change direction, this isn't working and it's ruining my enjoyment of the show. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Yeah they need to take this show somewhere else, tour the ballrooms, do something with it - honestly when you're getting ''Goldberg'', ''CM Punk'' and ''New Day'' chants during a fucking awesome Neville/Cedric match in front of a relatively hot crowd for the most part it's time to change direction, this isn't working and it's ruining my enjoyment of the show. 

It really needs to be taped with nxt. 

The asshole I was sitting in front of started the Goldberg and the New Day chants. Most people around me had no interest in 205Live, and a lot seemed surprised it was even happening. If Cena/AJ wasn't the advertised dark main, I guarantee 80% of the building would've cleared out. As it was, maybe 20% left before/during 205Live.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It really needs to be taped with nxt. 

While it would probably get better reactions that isn't going to stop the snarky fan reactions.  Anybody who watches the NXT TV shows that they can be awful at times

While Cedric vs Neville was great, the true highlight was TRIPP BRADSHAW.   Anyone that watched Smackdown last week gets that joke :lol:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

While it would probably get better reactions that isn't going to stop the snarky fan reactions.  Anybody who watches the NXT TV shows that they can be awful at times

While Cedric vs Neville was great, the true highlight was TRIPP BRADSHAW.   Anyone that watched Smackdown last week gets that joke :lol:

The NXT crowd isn't going to chant for Goldberg, New Day, or chant What?. I may be biased being into indy wrestling and nxt, so I rather deal with those crowds than the usual Raw/SD crowd.

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

I feel like such an idiot for not getting that until now.

• Like 1

was vince feeding Corey lines to shit on Mauro for name dropping Okada and mention Puroresu? that seemed a little odd out of Graves. like Neville as champ but man the dead crowds hurt the show soooooo much

7 hours ago, Sublime said:

was vince feeding Corey lines to shit on Mauro for name dropping Okada and mention Puroresu? that seemed a little odd out of Graves. like Neville as champ but man the dead crowds hurt the show soooooo much

I thought there'd be an outright ban on mentioning anything related to NJ, especially Okada after his WK match.  I don't think Vince is in the announcer's ears for this show so either somebody else fed Corey that or he thought it'd be good to say that.