DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 11/7/16

victor

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You know we live in strange times when Johnny Saint and Mark Rocco get namedropped on Raw by Michael Cole. It wouldn't be strange coming from Mauro or Corey Graves; but Michael fucking Cole?

Not only that, but in reference to Noam Dar being a fan of them. Noam Dar is 23 years old. He was born in 1993. Rollerball Rocco retired in 1991. How many wrestlers who retired before you were born do you idolise?

27 minutes ago, AxB said:

Not only that, but in reference to Noam Dar being a fan of them. Noam Dar is 23 years old. He was born in 1993. Rollerball Rocco retired in 1991. How many wrestlers who retired before you were born do you idolise?

DVDs are a thing, and the UK also had World of Sport on TV for a few years on the Wrestling Channel in the mid 00s. 

I like how they think they can go to Scotland and not expect that chant for Bayley.  There's something in that part of Europe where they just absolutely love her.  They should have anticipated that and had them just do the match instead.  Maybe at most have Charlotte and Sasha do a promo.  But there was no need to do a big ol' promo-fest and think it wouldn't pan out the way it did.  Bayley was in a tough spot because she couldn't tell them to stop, so having her try and talk about SS only made it worse.  That could have been saved for next week anyway.

I'm not necessarily defending the length of time because the crowd should have piped down at least for her.  But it's not her fault nor anybody else's that tried to barrel through it.  Charlotte should have done a better job of managing it, but good on Sasha for acknowledging it and making it work in her favor.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I like how they think they can go to Scotland and not expect that chant for Bayley.  There's something in that part of Europe where they just absolutely love her.  They should have anticipated that and had them just do the match instead.  Maybe at most have Charlotte and Sasha do a promo.  But there was no need to do a big ol' promo-fest and think it wouldn't pan out the way it did.  Bayley was in a tough spot because she couldn't tell them to stop, so having her try and talk about SS only made it worse.  That could have been saved for next week anyway.

I'm not necessarily defending the length of time because the crowd should have piped down at least for her.  But it's not her fault nor anybody else's that tried to barrel through it.  Charlotte should have done a better job of managing it, but good on Sasha for acknowledging it and making it work in her favor.

One thing I'll say for Charlotte, at least she didn't tell them to kill themselves like dear old dad told Nattie.

I though Charlotte was properly indignant, frustrated, and confused. If that's how she actually felt? Well, ok. Same for Bayley, who may well have felt terribly awkward yet flattered, and came across as such; and Sasha, who just seemed happy her friend was getting a huge reception.  

Organic--or organic seeming--reactions are only a problem when they contradict established character, and all of these instances instead reinforced the fiction. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Here's the thing that irked me about that segment. Notice the long pause between Rocco and Eddie? Is that like a requirement for every cruiserweight and women's wrestler to mention they idolized Eddie? Don't get me wrong, he was great, but there are other choices available.

Bayley needs to embrace the love. Last week she cut off the crowd chanting for her too. I get that she's kind of in a bad spot, but discouraging crowds from cheering you seems like a bad practice as a babyface. [cole] This is where structured WWE promos are so dangerous. [/cole] Bayley shouldn't have to worry about cramming in every line that was written for her in that situation, a reaction like that playing out does more than a million scripted promos. On the plus side, Sasha did a good job keeping it together off-script, and improv has been one of her lesser attributes thus far, so that was nice to see.

Also, that main event was way better than it should've been. Had throwaway match written all over it, but they actually put together a smart, organized match without much overkill. I have to say I'm impressed with Braun who has been holding his own in bigger matches lately. His selling here was good and it looked like a real struggle for the rest of the field to wear him down. I loved Roman and Seth finally getting him down by just punching him in the head and neck for like a minute straight. The balance of everyone looking credible against him was hit perfectly. The finish was also executed well, protected everyone, and provided more foreshadowing for Jericho/Owens.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Here's the thing that irked me about that segment. Notice the long pause between Rocco and Eddie? Is that like a requirement for every cruiserweight and women's wrestler to mention they idolized Eddie? Don't get me wrong, he was great, but there are other choices available.

I'm sure Vince was screaming in Cole's headset, "Say Eddie. Say EDDIE, DAMN IT!"

• Like 3

Bayley needs to embrace the love. Last week she cut off the crowd chanting for her too. I get that she's kind of in a bad spot, but discouraging crowds from cheering you seems like a bad practice as a babyface

It's WWE, being a jerk babyface is just practice for the big push.

I loved how Sasha sang along, it not only acknowledged the singing but led to a sweet moment between the two.  It's so clear they're great friends and I'm all for seeing more of moments like this.  And to further it for stroyline purposes if you show this more when Sasha turns on Bayley it will mean so much more.

And Bayley maybe should figure out a way to acknowledge stuff like this without encouraging more.  Until she gets that then it's up to others to squash that as much as possible.

15 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, I need a gif of KO ripping that guy's sign. Like, right now. 

"NOT MY SIGN! NOT MY SIGN!" (*Security quietly approaches*)

God bless the internet. 

0ubTj7g.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Are we sure that guy freaking out isn't a plant?  Seemed awfully animated in response to that.

Sort of.  He has a YouTube channel that's him reacting to WWE shows:  https://www.youtube.com/user/DeadEndOld?&ab_channel=DeadEndOld

• Like 1

TEAM BRAUM IS AN ARMY OF ONE, MOTHER FUCKERS~!

As much as I love the reverse one-handed uranage, there really was nothing wrong with his elevated arm triangle / standing Von Flue choke finisher.

• Like 2

• RIPPA unpinned this topic