DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 11/7/16

victor

Since it's in Scotland it's already taped:

Commissioner Stephanie McMahon has the four members of Raw’s men’s Survivors Series team in the ring (everyone is cheered except Reigns, who gets heavily booed). She says she’s going to reveal the fifth member and out comes Seth Rollins. Owens doesn't want Seth on the team, and Rollins says he's been given assurances to get him to agree to take the spot, and says after Survivor Series, things aren't done between them. McMahon tells them they'll fight Team SmackDown like their jobs depend on it, because they do. JericKO and Rollins/Reigns argue, and it comes to blows. That sets up an announcement by Steph of a five-way main event between all the members of the team.

- Cruiserweight action sees the debut of Noam Dar on Raw (who comes out to big ICW chants). He & champion Brian Kendrick lose to Rich Swann & Sin Cara. Swann pinned the champ again. Afterwards, Kendrick berated Dar, who then beatdown the champ. The post-match stuff may have just been to placate the hometown crowd after the local guy lost his debut.

Goldberg/Brock Lesnar video package plays on the TitanTron

- Backstage segment - it's announced Stephanie has been invited to SmackDown tomorrow by her brother. Sami Zayn is there, which annoys Steph. She doesn't understand why Mick Foley told Sami he could face Dolph Ziggler in an Intercontinental championship match against Dolph Ziggler at Survivor Series. She thinks the spot should go to Rusev  - so she books a match between the two with the winner getting Dolph on Nov. 20.

- Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows, Golden Truth & Sheamus & Cesaro fill out Raw's Survivor Series tag team squad. New Day address their troops in kilts; Xavier Woods has bagpipes (Francesa's cousin Agnes). The champs rally the troops with a Braveheart speech, but say The Club will stab them all in the back. That sets up a non-title match between New Day and Anderson & Gallows. The Club wins with a Magic Killer.

R-Truth traded his team's spot on the Survivor Series team for an investment in the Shining Stars time-share. Goldust is going to get it back.

- Another Brock/Goldberg video hyping their face-to-face next week.

- JeriKO try to recruit Strowman to their side. He says he's on Team Braun and walks off, so Jericho puts him on THE LIST (again).

- Golden Truth def. Shining Stars to reclaim the final spot on the Raw team.

- Shane & Daniel Bryan will be on Raw next week.

- Michael Cole is out to run down the rules of Survivor Series-type matches and introduce the women's team: Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax and Alicia Fox. Charlotte tries to cut a promo inroducing the fifth member, but was completely derailed by a long, loud rendition of the "Hey Bayley, will you be my girl" chant. She teases introducing Dana Brooke as the last member, but Cole says it's Sasha Banks.

The chant continues into the set-up of a trios match, but eventually dies down. Alicia, Bayley & Sasha def. Charlotte, Dana & Nia when Bayley hits her finisher on the champ.

- Lana with a minor botch (calling Scotland "America") during her intro for Rusev. His bad night continued when Sami Zayn defeated him and earned the IC title match against Dolph at Survivor Series.

Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho vs Braun Stroman vs Seth Rollins  Owens gets superman punched and falls on Jericho for the pin. This concluded the taping.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sami wins the IC title and jumps to SD? Seems like it to me.

That would be a pretty sweet FU to Steph and Co to be honest.

36 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Fyi 

As cool as this was at Takeover London this actually started feeling kind of rude. I know people are doing it because they love Bailey but even she was getting to the point of getting fed up and just wanting to cut her promo.

There is being a great, loud and involved crowd and then there is hijacking the show and making it about yourself. This was the latter.

• Like 2

It will be called a nitpick, it will be meaningless... 

But it is mind bogglingly idiotic to have Nia Jax and Braun lose their first match on a nothing Raw. 

Also, I need a gif of KO ripping that guy's sign. Like, right now. 

"NOT MY SIGN! NOT MY SIGN!" (*Security quietly approaches*)

• Like 1

The Bayley chants were fun. This show is too long, too boring, too often--it needs derailing from time to time. And the performers handled it well.

Zayn to Smackdown makes all the sense in the world. So...

Anyway the cool thing about Reigns main event programs is it gets me more time to lament my garbage fantasy football team, during the last game of a given week. JeriKO are still great fun though, for however long they've got left.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

But it is mind bogglingly idiotic to have Nia Jax and Braun lose their first match on a nothing Raw. 

Neither one was involved in the fall, so it's not really like they lost. They'll both be protected at SS as well. I think Braun will get disqualified for manhandling the referee. I could see Nia pulling a Bad News Brown and walking out after a miscommunication with Charlotte.

I enjoyed all the build to Survivor Series. I'm such a mark for the Survivor Series tag matches. 

The crowd being so into it helped me get more into the show. I love international crowds, post WM crowds, etc. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The chants were mind-boggingly STUPID.  Doing them for a couple of minutes?  No problem.  15 minutes, though?  That's not admiration, that's about becoming a part of the show in one of the most thick-skulled ways possible.

I feel this is going to create a lot of unnecessary debate so yeah.

I remember when the crowd hijacked the show for Bryan during the Cena/Orton feud when Bryan was seemingly going nowhere, that turned out ok.

This, whatever the case gave Bayley a shot in the arm that she needed, I loved it, so yeah. Whatever. 

• Like 3

After the crowd was dead seemingly for a lot of the show, it was nice that they got loud for Bayley.... Buuuuuuuuuuuuut..... when Bayley acknowledges your chant and is politely trying to quiet you down so she can get her mic work in it's not good.  Like if they were trying to drown out the heels mic work, it's one thing, they were drowning out Bayley trying to talk.  I did like Charlotte's heeling in that segment. I would have popped if Nia pulled an adlib and covered Charlotte's ears for her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The crowd being so into it helped me get more into the show. I love international crowds, post WM crowds, etc. 

May I ask which Raw you saw, as that was one of the deadest crowds I've seen in a while.  They liked chanting at Bayley for a bit and gave... Dar(?) a nice welcome, but were dead quiet for just about everything else including most of those two's matches.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, I need a gif of KO ripping that guy's sign. Like, right now. 

"NOT MY SIGN! NOT MY SIGN!" (*Security quietly approaches*)

Best part was the security guy trying not to laugh his ass off as he was telling him back up from the rail. But he had such a huge smirk for the second or two he was in the shot and it cracked me up.

I was asleep for the first half of the show. Reading the spoilers it looks like I didn't miss anything. I woke up in time just to see the women's segment come off the rails with the crowd singing for Bayley. This is what happens when you have to stick to a script and can't ad lib. The daughter of Ric Flair should know how to rip on a bunch of Scottish hooligans.

Nice to see Sami win. I hope if he beats Dolph, he somehow is able to jump ship to Smackdown. He's in a black hole on RAW and needs to get out before it's too late.

And I see they're starting the tease of the end of JerichKo. They just can't let us have things we like.

I skipped the women's segment. The actual match was nice enough. So was the main. The build to SS wasn't bad, but when so much of it is the same damn thing for 3 hours its sort of hard to keep interested. Even stuff that is different like Sami/Rusev manages to lose my interest just because of wading through the previous stuff.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I thought Sasha handled it well. She acknowledges the chant and sings a few words. The crowd pops and then she continues with her promo. Still, there's something a little strange about this singing to Bayley stuff. It's fine I guess but I don't like it.

I thought Charlotte was rattled and didn't know how to handle the situation