DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact 9-12-13 - No Surrender

MGFanJay

Really good show overall. AJ-Aries was crazy, but exciting with a memorable finish. Magnus-Roode was less memorable, but still pretty good. Bully-Anderson greatly exceeded expectations because Anderson was super-motivated. Also, MANIK IS LIKE HULKAMANIA. Oh, and AJ's going to cut a SHOOT PROMO next week.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/09/tna-impact-9-12-13-no-surrender.html

Screens -

Posted Image

#thumbsup4tits

Posted Image

Posted Image

I reviewed Impact with pics and gifs here:
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/tna-impact-wrestling-9122013-results.html

Overall thoughts: This was the best TNA show in months. It's amazing how much better they are when they just stick to wrestling. I wish they would do this more often. This show is definitely recommended.

Some shots from the show:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I actually didn't mind this show.

-Hulk Hogan is genuinely the worst part of the show on almost any week.

-Aries-Styles was solid.

-Magnus-Roode was okay.

-Bully-Anderson was a lot of fun.  The A&8 side with Bully part wasn't long enough or well-executed enough to work completely, but that's the kind of match Bully can do in his sleep and make it watchable and he totally did.  I did get distracted during the match trying to remember what Anderson looked like with blonde hair and suddenly realized he looks a lot like Heidenreich did with blonde hair and wondered if anyone ever heard from Heidenreich again after he went into Katrina-ravaged New Orleans to find his dad while outfitted with weapsons and if he did come back...do you think he'd be interested in coming in to TNA to play Anderson's dad?

-Seriously...why does that guy wear a mask and call himself Manik if he never wears the mask anywhere but the ring?!  That would be like Bruce Wayne constantly taking off his mask but insisting everyone calls him Batman.  Also, Hulk Hogan saying he's like Hulkamania was awesome.  I also like that casual backstage way they wrote two guys out of storylines who have been focal points for the better part of two months: "So, BTW, Bellator is pulling their guys from our show." "Oh yeah, no big deal."

-Styles-Magnus was really good, really entertaining, but I can't help but feel the wrong guy won.  It just seemed like the right moment to pull the trigger on Magnus, especially since AJ hasn't re-signed yet supposedly.  So why not put Magnus over huge?! It just felt like another in a long line of "It's his big night...oh not quite" moments in TNA which ended up damaging said wrestlers, often beyond repair: Raven, Styles, Samoa Joe.

Good matches tonight even though the end outcome was never in doubt. Styles always seemed like a lock in what was an underwhelming BFG Series this year. Awesome finish on Aries/Styles, good stuff from them again. Styles/Magnus felt like the least interesting potential final to me but was a good match and the crowd was into it... enjoyed the finish of Styles bringing back the Spiral Tap like he did years ago to win a big match. EGO's big plan to make sure no one made it didn't quite work as soon as they left the match continued like nothing happened. Show closing was weird with Styles suddenly calling out Dixie but should be interesting.

Bully/Anderson ruled, especially the last half. At first it felt more like a regular no DQ match rather than last man standing but Anderson came off great continuing to get up after big shots. I remember liking their BFG 2011 match a lot, this kind of reminded me of that one. The post-match piledriver on the stage feels like Anderson's going away for awhile.. I wonder if this means Aces & Eights make him miss BFG two years in a row. This felt like the main event.

EGO's big plan to make sure no one made it didn't quite work as soon as they left the match continued like nothing happened. 

What was really weird about that was that it was like the powers that be made a quick ruling that 'the series can't end on a double DQ, there has to be a winner!' which is perfectly fine, but a couple minutes later, the ref was giving them a 10 count when they were both down, as if he was going to throw the match out?!

Also, Daniels and Kazarian must be the two worst partners ever: "I'm forming this group so one us goes on to the finals!" Then when Roode has a chance to go to the finals, they're nowhere to be found to help him out.  But, once he's eliminated, they're going to do something!

• Like 1

Jesus, imagine how potent Hogan's bullshit must be when he's saying it inches away from your face. Poor TJ is gonna spend the next month wandering around with a giant erection mumbling "Bigger than Hulkamania... bigger than Hulkamania..."

-Seriously...why does that guy wear a mask and call himself Manik if he never wears the mask anywhere but the ring?!  That would be like Bruce Wayne constantly taking off his mask but insisting everyone calls him Batman.  Also, Hulk Hogan saying he's like Hulkamania was awesome.  I also like that casual backstage way they wrote two guys out of storylines who have been focal points for the better part of two months: "So, BTW, Bellator is pulling their guys from our show." "Oh yeah, no big deal."

The mask is like the shoes in Like Mike.

What was really weird about that was that it was like the powers that be made a quick ruling that 'the series can't end on a double DQ, there has to be a winner!' which is perfectly fine, but a couple minutes later, the ref was giving them a 10 count when they were both down, as if he was going to throw the match out?!

There's a chance only one of them would get up.

Couple of things I took away from this show:

I REALLY wanted to see Magnus vs AJ in the final, and was pleasantly surprised when it came to be. When the interference happened I figured AJ was winning as he didnt need any protection from a loss, but it was a good match.

Title match was solid, and i'm not a fan of Anderson at all.

I don't like Chavo Guerrero at all. Don't know why, just don't. He's a terrible promo, Gunner was surprisingly good on the mic however.

Impact was probably my number two show of the week behind Raw this week.

Jesus, Miss Tessmachers ass.

The show was really good. AJ vs. Aries wasn't as good as the first match but was still really great. Anderson vs. Bully was the best match on the show and if Anderson resigns I would like to see a rematch. Magnus vs. AJ was the 3rd best match on the show but still one of the better matches last week.  

-Styles-Magnus was really good, really entertaining, but I can't help but feel the wrong guy won.  It just seemed like the right moment to pull the trigger on Magnus, especially since AJ hasn't re-signed yet supposedly.  So why not put Magnus over huge?! It just felt like another in a long line of "It's his big night...oh not quite" moments in TNA which ended up damaging said wrestlers, often beyond repair: Raven, Styles, Samoa Joe.

I haven't read any spoilers for next week, so I could already be wrong here, but...

They totally teased a heel turn here with Magnus, and the maximum impact from that would be if he won the strap from a babyface champion.  I almost think at this point Styles is going over on Bully Ray to win the strap, only for Magnus to either chase him, or to win it outright.