DVDVR Message Board
EVA

The WESTWORLD Thread

I watched the finale a second time and some of it made more sense, but some still didn't, like the post credits scene.

Just finished binging Season 2. In a roundabout way,  it ended up being the prequel to Bladerunner.

The biggest flaw was Maeve's storyline. Yes, it introduced some great sets and had cool moments but... it muddled the overall story arc. I could easily see a more streamlined and intriguing storyline if Maeve's story had ended last season (and they could have easily bring her back in season 3 with how the hosts have escaped). Around the half way point, I realized Maeve was kinda the heel.

Dolores became the default protagonist who basically held everyone together through sheer force of will (and not mind control). William's story was fascinating til the muddled end. Sizemore was totally out of character in the end, being clearly written off (which sucks because I really dug his character arc).

The Sublime was basically Doctor Who's the Library.

There was  liberal use of the mallet when the story would have been better off with a scalpel (in more ways than one). It also lead to a lot of needless complexity for complexity sakes. I guess it did hammer in the common theme throughout the season: lack of fidelity.

I haven't watched it, but now I know to do so soon.

Aaron Paul is in the trailer for Westworld S3. That's one way to cover up how garbage that show is. 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I haven't watched it, but now I know to do so soon.

Aaron Paul is in the trailer for Westworld S3. That's one way to cover up how garbage that show is. 

Weird that there's a trailer for it now since it's not coming out until 2020. 

I grudgingly liked season 2. The show runners got way too cute with unreliable narrators and time shifting the story, not to mention throwing some wild swerves in there. They learned all of the wrong lessons from season 1. Hopefully season 3 winds up toning down on the bullshit from season 2.

That Westworld trailer looked like the gritty reboot of Her.

I don't think I'm going to continue watching, have no real interest with where the story goes and I felt S2 was too smart for its own good. Kept me guessing, but not in any sort of engaged way

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Weird that there's a trailer for it now since it's not coming out until 2020. 

You know why it dropped last night.

And since everyone forgot this thread exists....  Here's the first teaser for Season 3:

Debuts next year. 

Well, it looks more interesting than Season 2...

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You know why it dropped last night.

FYI, I didn't get this trailer last night. Pre-GoT I got a the preview for all the shows coming out this year and next. Post-GoT was the long trailer for His Dark Materials and another trailer for that Zendaya TV series.

I didn't see there was a Westworld trailer until I saw you mention Aaron Paul being in it and I saw the trailer on YouTube.

And for Barry, the trailer that played before the episode was His Dark Materials and there was nothing after.

So not everyone got the same stuff last night.

I liked S2 even with its issues. I never watched Breaking Bad so Aaron Paul and the S3 trailer do little for me right now.

Odds that this bleak future he lives in is another park and he's an android?

10 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Odds that this bleak future he lives in is another park and he's an android?

Slim? Looks like it's setting up something going wrong for Dolores after she gets out into the real world, but honestly, who the hell knows with this show. Aaron Paul mentioning something about the moon made my ears perk up and made me think about the fan hypothesis that this is set on the moon or on Mars.