DVDVR Message Board

The WESTWORLD Thread

EVA

I'll end up watching because as frustrating as this show is it's that one show every few years that attacks my "just right part of my brain even though it's not great" side.

Great song choice for the trailer. I have no idea where you go after the way Season 3 ended. 

• Like 4

I could have sworn season 3 was going to be the last. Maybe because I mentally checked out at the beginning of the season and remember basically none of it. I'm going to try and get back into this show, but it had such a steep nose dive after the first season I don't know if that's doable.

37 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I could have sworn season 3 was going to be the last. Maybe because I mentally checked out at the beginning of the season and remember basically none of it. I'm going to try and get back into this show, but it had such a steep nose dive after the first season I don't know if that's doable.

If I remember correctly, the finale was written in a way where it could be the last or could carry on. There were moments in the season that were okay, but I've forgotten most of it, and I think I finally watched through all of it a year ago.

8 hours ago, EVA said:

At this point, I’m not sure I could tell you anything that happened in season 3.

This is the same problem I'm having with Better Call Saul and I'm sure I'll have with Stranger Things when it starts up.  The production layoff due to Covid was so long I can't remember a damn thing about where we left off.

Edited by Technico Support

I am sure they will show the entirety of S3 before the debut episode of S4.

All I remember is Bernard coming to in a hotel room after returning from the Sublime and he was covered in like a million years worth of dust.  I also cannot remember for the life of me what the hell happened before that.

Edited by J.T.

25 minutes ago, J.T. said:

All I remember is Bernard coming to in a hotel room after returning from the Sublime and he was covered in like a million years worth of dust.  I also cannot remember for the life of me what the hell happened before that.

Something... something... William... new Robot Factory... world domination?

34 minutes ago, J.T. said:

They tried killing off Tessa Thompson's character. The rest of her family died and she crawled out of the fiery wreck like a Terminator. You also had the big fight between Dolores and Maeve that I thought ended with Dolores shutting down the big orb, future predicting thing that calculated that with it being shut down that humanity would fall apart within a very short span of time. 

But yeah, it's been so, so, so long since season 3 that it's hard to remember everything that happened. I also think Aaron Paul's character is also a synth, but I'm not entirely sure.

• Like 1

How could I have forgotten Tessa Thompson's DUN DUN DUN DA DUN moment?  Now I am beginning to recall Maeve with a katana and a leather corslet and the rest of the wacky shit that happened in S3.

Edited by J.T.

39 minutes ago, J.T. said:

How could I have forgotten Tessa Thompson's DUN DUN DUN DA DUN moment?  Now I am beginning to recall Maeve with a katana and a leather corslet and the rest of the wacky shit that happened in S3.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure she fucked up Dolores something fierce until Dolores turned guns onto Maeve. Then something else happened. Maybe Dolores set off an EMP in the warehouse?

Welp, I guess I either need to re-watch that season or find a YouTube summary. I wouldn't mind re-watching the season because I did like it quite a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

LOOOOOOL WTF is the Sublime?  At first I thought you were making a joke that Bernard went to a Sublime concert.  My god I remember next to nothing about last season.  I know there was a computer that predicted everyone's fates and thus we had a new caste system.  And Marshawn Lynch played some kind of cyberpunk mercenary like this was some Shadowrun shit.  And then after credits Ed Harris was being given "the questions" by a robot far into the future or something.  Fuuuuck.

Edited by Technico Support

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

How many episodes is this supposed to be?  Need to figure out when I can subscribe, binge, then unsubscribe.   Too many fucking streaming services, man.

Wiki says 8 episodes:   June 26-August 14

• Thanks 1

I hate HBOs regular television schedule.  Someone thought it was a good idea to run a marathon of The Time Traveler's Wife before the debut of Westworld.  

If you want to get caught up on last season, you're going to have to binge it on HBO Max.... which was probably the plan all along.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else watching this season? I've actually been really enjoying it. They've gone with a more straightforward story and the show is better off for it, IMO.

This season seems to be a inverse of the first and I'm digging that.

I've also been listening to The Ringer's Prestige TV podcast every week for some more insight. It's a nice wrap of their theories, stuff from Reddit, etc. Helps to put some stuff in perspective. That said, the two male hosts (David Shoemaker and Danny Heifetz) are annoyingly dumb. Joanna Robinson keeps things focused, but those two just come up with the stupidest possible takes and seemingly can't even follow the most simple threads of the show. I knew Shoemaker was an idiot when it comes to pro wrestling takes, but apparently it's not just that.

I fucking love this season. I thought the episode from two weeks ago was maybe the best in the entire series. It actually gave everyone a picture of what the endgame for Westworld is, let us know exactly where we're at, and where all of the chess pieces were at on the board except for one - Delores/Christina.

And now the last episode finally put Delores/Christina on the board. 

I think the one mystery that I actually care about is how we got from the end of season 3 where Delores wanted to set everyone free and Maeve was trying to stop her, to Maeve and Caleb teaming up to do the exact thing that Maeve was fighting against. Either way, it looks like it's leading to Delores and Maeve teaming up especially if Maeve is now of the belief that Delores was right.

• Like 1

I won't lie.  I have been binging the shit out of The Silent Sea on Netflix and am waiting for this season to conclude so I can consume it over the course of a weekend.  After binging prior seasons, I find it a little hard to track the intricacies of Westworld in an episodic format.

• Like 3