DVDVR Message Board

The WESTWORLD Thread

EVA

I honestly don't think Ford is dead. I'm convinced he faked his own death by mmaking a Host of himself so he could be left alone to control the narrative from behind the scenes. Hell, if after 5 years it were revealed that Charlotte and the board were all just hosts and the only live person in the park was William I wouldn't be at all shocked.

James

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Just finished season 1. I went looking for interviews and what not and the thing that seemed to catch the most was the griping that Elsie wasn't in the finale, when it was pretty clearly stated that she was there to serve Bernard's storyline and accomplished that goal. It felt like all the willfully missing the point Barb griping in Stranger Things. I get where people are coming from with it, but it still sort of makes me groan. That probably makes me a bad person. (And she MAY in fact be alive, but the point is that it didn't matter in the season finale because she served her narrative role for the season. The point is that it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme).

On 12/13/2016 at 5:49 AM, J.H. said:

I honestly don't think Ford is dead. I'm convinced he faked his own death by mmaking a Host of himself so he could be left alone to control the narrative from behind the scenes. Hell, if after 5 years it were revealed that Charlotte and the board were all just hosts and the only live person in the park was William I wouldn't be at all shocked.

James

I actually figure it'll be the opposite, that during the Theresa scene he was creating a host version of himself, but it wasn't to fake his own death but to move forward as a Host after he died. 

• 5 months later...

That trailer was fucking awesome.  We're getting serious time in Shogunworld, and that cover of Heart-Shaped box was amazing.  Also looks like we're gonna see more of William turning into the Man in Black.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I’ve seen it suggested that he was creating a double of himself in his off the grid cabin thing. 

Considering Arnold, that's probably the case.

• 4 weeks later...

Good start to the season.  It looks like they're going to be a little less cute with the timelines.  So far it's just "right after the robot uprising" and "a week or so later."  Then again, the trailers also show young Man in Black, too, so who knows? 

I knew that Jimmi Simpson and the guy who plays his brother-in-law were both in this season, so I figured if there were time jumps then it would be limited to more flashbacks explaining how we got here, but I wondered what the mystery would be.

Well, they'll now have to show what the hell went on for the nearly two weeks since the uprising started and what the hell is going on two weeks after that mess. That's a hell of a mystery that's been setup for this season too. How did the sea get there without anyone knowing, why did Bernard kill so many hosts, how did he do it, why did he do it, why is he now hurt, and what other messes are now going on with the park.

BTW, the faceless, skinless hosts are the creepiest things ever.

• Like 3

Regarding Delos being really inept, here's a question I have that seems like it was addressed in the episode, but it also seems open ended. Is the security team and Delos' thin-man aware Bernard is a host? Gina Torres' character flips through a deck of cards when they find Bernard and it looks like that deck may be full of hosts they're hunting for, but it isn't clear. The lesser Hemsworth brother treats Bernard like he's a human though, which doesn't sit well with Gina Torres.

So...do they know Bernard is a host? They do, right, and I'm just overthinking this?

On 13/12/2016 at 10:49 AM, J.H. said:

James

After S2E1 I now agree with this theory :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

Regarding Delos being really inept, here's a question I have that seems like it was addressed in the episode, but it also seems open ended. Is the security team and Delos' thin-man aware Bernard is a host? Gina Torres' character flips through a deck of cards when they find Bernard and it looks like that deck may be full of hosts they're hunting for, but it isn't clear. The lesser Hemsworth brother treats Bernard like he's a human though, which doesn't sit well with Gina Torres.

??? That was not Gina Torres.

• Haha 1