DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL GREATEST OF ALL TIME COMMENTS

RIPPA

Put together a list - it will be comically ill-informed as everyone else's

In a dream world - I will get close to 30 (since that is roughly what I got for the 90s reboot). Anything over 20 is good

• Like 1

I'll throw together a list if I find the time. But to give you an idea where I'm coming from - a lot of people are talking about the difficulty cutting things down to 100. I suspect my problem will be thinking of 100 movies I actually like enough to include.

• Like 1

I am old and we're going to be supporting 82nd Airborne with drills pretty soon. 

PM me with the drop dead dates for this and the Best of the Nows so that I can attempt to be proactive and get ballots in before the 11th hour and 59th minute.

• Like 1

There is no Best of the Nows - just All Time

We will see where we are at on the 10th (I am expecting like 2 ballots at max) then we will go from there

• Like 1

It's amazing how quickly trying to knock out a bunch from my need to watch list devolved into watching all 8 Harry Potter movies and then 2 seasons of Gilmore Girls.

Perhaps I should have taken a different week off than my girl. 

• Like 1

WE HAVE OUR FIRST BALLOT SUBMITTED!

I am trying to figure out a way to reward the first folks who submit ballots without fucking things up too badly.

Again - it will depend on how many ballots I get

• Like 1

Just now, jaedmc said:

Guess I'll make a quick and dirty list to make sure Lars Von Trier is represented.

And then you can give me that Top 100 moves list I also asked you for

• Like 1

And I put a lot of thought into that.  I came here to send it in and now it turns out I gotta make a completely unrelated list of a hundred things. Ugggggggggggggggh.

Maybe I'll just copy and paste my 1950's list.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I don't think Shawshank would make my top 100 either.

Part of me wants to say that you are dead to me, but I still have Shawshank in my Honorable Mention pile while working through #1 to #60 as I am trying to find room for legit great movies like The Godfather Part II and stuff only I would put on a list like Branded to Kill or A Nightmare On Elm Street .

Knowing me, I will find a way to shoehorn Shawshank into the Top 20 at least.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I just know whatever list I get from you won't have Shawshank Redemption on it

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

I don't think Shawshank would make my top 100 either.

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Part of me wants to say that you are dead to me, but I still have Shawshank in my Honorable Mention pile while working through #1 to #60 as I am trying to find room for legit great movies like The Godfather Part II and stuff only I would put on a list like Branded to Kill or A Nightmare On Elm Street .

Knowing me, I will find a way to shoehorn Shawshank into the Top 20 at least.

Good job I like you tasteless swines ; )

I put Shawshank in my honorable mentions, and have since submitting my ballot thought of two movies I forgot to consider one of which would have likely made my top 100 the other definitely would have been in my honorable mentions and would have been considered ahead of Shawshank also. Should have know that would happen. 

• Like 1