DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL GREATEST OF ALL TIME COMMENTS

RIPPA

17 hours ago, (BP) said:

I think we should do a separate GOAT for docs, since I couldn't even bring myself to put one on my list even though there are so many great ones. But I don't have to put 1000 movies into a spreadsheet right now, so I understand if it's awhile before one of these polls happens again. 

This.  I was under the impression that the DOCUMENTARIES thread was for consideration of a GOAT Documentary poll.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

This.  I was under the impression that the DOCUMENTARIES thread was for consideration of a GOAT Documentary poll.

I am not sure why you would think that because by that assumption every thread I started would have implied a separate poll.

I'm crazy and hate myself but not THAT much

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am not sure why you would think that because by that assumption every thread I started would have implied a separate poll.

I am old and have been pulling night duty for the past week or so.  I can only apply rational thought to my various and sundry IT tasks.  Everything else is subject to cloudy thinking. 

I have forgotten to put sugar in my coffee four times tonight. 

The early morning repeat of the season premier of The Expanse and thinking about the outfit Jenny Slate wore on James Corden last night has gotten me through the past few hours.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I'm crazy and hate myself but not THAT much

If we're doing documentaries only it shouldn't be that bad, right?  The hardest thing would be cajoling the usual suspects to turn in ballots.

3 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

With 1100 movies, there's hope that the Korean version of Towering Inferno that made my list will show up.

I was wondering if that was what it was when I saw the picture on IMDB

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Funny you mention the movie club....

(Let me finish some other projects first before busting out another ideas)

If that's the case, I hope you're thinking differently on it. I know the last couple of attempts ended up being poor in the participation category (I was equally as guilty of this).

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And if you look over the previous results - you will find a lot more movies you probably can vote for

Those giant spoiler boxes in the results posts choke my poor little tablet to death. Opening the box takes minutes, and every time I switch to my spreadsheet and back to the browser it closes the box again.

I'll keep plugging away.

Well... that got me to 93.

Seems silly to quit now. I've mentally filed away dozens of movies in the "I remember liking this, but not being wowed by it, and don't remember much of anything about it" pile. Feels wrong to put any of those in a "best ever" list, but I guess I'll have to think of seven to promote.

3 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Well... that got me to 93.

Seems silly to quit now. I've mentally filed away dozens of movies in the "I remember liking this, but not being wowed by it, and don't remember much of anything about it" pile. Feels wrong to put any of those in a "best ever" list, but I guess I'll have to think of seven to promote.

Good job!

se7en-aka-seven.18908.jpg

That's one more down!

• Like 2