DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL GREATEST OF ALL TIME COMMENTS

RIPPA

My ballot is going to be a bit more traditional because I actually liked some of the usual suspects that movie snobs are supposed to have seen by now, but not so snooty that stuff like Five Deadly Venoms and Night Of The Living Dead will be excluded.

I'd describe my ballot as kind of a "desert island list".

For example: Yeah, Apocalypse Now is quite the cinematic achievement...but I'd rather have Wayne's World with me :P

In the end, the cream will rise to the top anyway.
So I do hope everyone's list has some "weirdness" in it.

• Like 1

Well, my woman is headed to the ER complaining of abdominal pain in her kidneys so there goes my promise to get my ballot done by today. 

I am off to set a land speed record traveling from Richmond, VA to Annapolis, MD.

Fuck

I am editing my list and I suddenly realized that #10 on my ballot is blank

I don't know if I just moved everything down one extra spot or if I deleted that space.

I will now spend the next two hours panicked that I forgot a movie.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2017 at 6:57 PM, RIPPA said:

If Ray doesn't submit a ballot (and I doubt I will), Mask of the Phantasm needs more support

On 10/01/2017 at 7:08 PM, odessasteps said:

Fowler will have to carry the banner. 

Y'all know I'm a big Batman fan. Support it so say I and the poor bugger having to run this.

On 11/01/2017 at 0:50 AM, caley said:

For anyone not wanting to make a list for fear of being mocked for leaving something off/putting something silly on their list...I did not include any of the general consensus "Greatest film of all-time picks" on my list, and for the latter, I included 'Commado' and 'Big Trouble in Little China', so...by all means, vote!

Aye. We all have opinions and likes/dislikes. We're respectful of these thankfully compared to other places!!!

On 12/01/2017 at 1:09 AM, Paco said:

I'd describe my ballot as kind of a "desert island list".

For example: Yeah, Apocalypse Now is quite the cinematic achievement...but I'd rather have Wayne's World with me :P

In the end, the cream will rise to the top anyway.
So I do hope everyone's list has some "weirdness" in it.

Nicely put. My ballot is a mixtape of best vs favourite, making a choice of viewing order them in when asked and for some films placing higher if they have historical value.

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, my woman is headed to the ER complaining of abdominal pain in her kidneys so there goes my promise to get my ballot done by today. 

I am off to set a land speed record traveling from Richmond, VA to Annapolis, MD.

Sorry to hear this mate. Best wishes to the both of you.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fuck

I am editing my list and I suddenly realized that #10 on my ballot is blank

I don't know if I just moved everything down one extra spot or if I deleted that space.

I will now spend the next two hours panicked that I forgot a movie.

That happened to me in one of my draft ballots.

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I thought you were making a joke pick there, so I went for a famously bad Arnold film.

You picked Kindergarten Cop when Jingle All The Way is right there?

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, jaedmc said:

My god all the Shannon Tweed movies that would be in my Top 10.

There wouldn't be any one actress that dominated my list, but just about every film in my Top 10 would be directed either by Russ Meyer or Andy Sidaris.

Remember if you want to make sure (insert movie here) does well - you need to send me a ballot

Remember if you want to make sure (insert movie here) doesn't do well - you need to send me a ballot

God I wish some of my regulars hadn't fallen into the ether

8 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I take it I'm running out of time to re-order and submit my list? 

No you are fine

I mean I would submit sooner rather than later but I will announce the absolute drop dead date when I get done entering ballots

(Like before I leave work Thursday would be swell)