DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL GREATEST OF ALL TIME COMMENTS

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Sublime said:

I put Shawshank in my honorable mentions, and have since submitting my ballot thought of two movies I forgot to consider one of which would have likely made my top 100 the other definitely would have been in my honorable mentions and would have been considered ahead of Shawshank also. Should have know that would happen.

It's a shitter when you forget something. I had my ballot done but made two adlibs today to it.

I decided to do twelve honourable mentions, one for each month.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Part of me wants to say that you are dead to me, but I still have Shawshank in my Honorable Mention pile while working through #1 to #60 as I am trying to find room for legit great movies like The Godfather Part II and stuff only I would put on a list like Branded to Kill or A Nightmare On Elm Street .

Knowing me, I will find a way to shoehorn Shawshank into the Top 20 at least.

Hey. Branded to Kill for sure and maybe even Nightmare on Elm St. will be on mine.

Fuck a Shawshank tho.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Hey. Branded to Kill for sure and maybe even Nightmare on Elm St. will be on mine.

Fuck a Shawshank tho.

Now see.  I almost DESPISE musicals as a rule, but despite my best effort to hate West Side Story off of my list, I am all "Holy shit, this is a great fucking story," every time I watch it.

It also helps that Rita Moreno (Anita) is tucking hot like lava in this.

Right now, the glaring omission on my list is the result of Fuck a Gone With The Wind sentiment. 

A piece of my soul dies every time Prissy alerts Miss O'Hara that the Union Army is approaching even though I should like this movie because it really is about Rhett sonning Scarlett because she is a pampered, entitled, backstabbing bitch.

I put Malcolm X at #50.

Fuck all haters.

The only thing that bothers me about putting it in that spot on my ballot is that it is ranked above Ran, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, and All Quiet On The Western Front.

Then again, I have Silence of the Lambs and Gojira ranked above those movies, too, and I am oddly good with that.

Oh and knocked Citizen Kane off my pile of shame today.

Obviously probably the biggest one on the pile (though there are one or two others that could be in the conversation)

27 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Arguably, you have probablu seen 75% of the movie via the Simpsons and other pop culture references. 

I already knew at age 10 what Rosebud was thanks to Trivial Pursuit

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I already knew at age 10 what Rosebud was thanks to Trivial Pursuit

That's a pretty quick turnaround for Trivial Pursuit. Hadn't the movie just been released when you were 10?

Yeah honestly I think I'm gonna cry compiling this with the sheer number of movies.

I probably would set the over/under at a 1000 movies (the 90s had over 700)

• Like 1