DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2016 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

9 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Speaking of character actor laden 80s tv show episodes, there's an episode of Miami Vice that features a biker gang of Reb Brown, Sonny Landham, and John Matuszak (Sloth from The Goonies).  It was written by John Milius under an alias.

Miami Vice is a fucking treasure trove of "hey it's that guy!"  Michael Madsen.  James Remar.  Terry O'Quinn.  Chris Rock.  Giancarlo Esposito showing up 2-3 times as different characters.  You know you're hitting the deep cuts when you find yourself saying, "is that the dad from Ugiy Betty?  Shit, it is!"

• Like 2

Here is the interview with the dinner quote that Fowler remembered better than me

http://www.businessinsider.com/mythbusters-star-adam-savage-on-how-he-survived-14-seasons-with-jamie-hyneman-2016-3/#they-respected-each-others-work-ethic-2

Here is another article where Jamie says the same thing about not having dinner

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/22/9593334/mythbusters-final-season-relationship

Both of them basically point to the same thing - their personalities are just totally different

In an awesome "Hey it's that guy" in cheesy 80s tv straight flush the episode of KNIGHT RIDER I just watched with John Vernon playing the bad guy was immediately followed by an episode of THE A-TEAM with John Vernon playing the bad guy.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Aaaand Charles Napier is going to fight Mr. T.  YEEEEAH!!!

Aaaaand John Vernon actually yelled "You'll never get away with this!" at one point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

Also of note.  In the space of four days two different final girls from Friday the 13th movies showed up on The A-Team.

Amy Steel from Part 2 and Dana Kimmell from Part 3.

A-Team cast spotting is my new favorite game.

I saw the Amy Steel episode at random a few months ago at my mom and stepdad's place. Did a double take cause I've never seen her in anything other than Friday the 13th before.

On 11/26/2016 at 3:07 PM, Greggulator said:

Gilmore Girls reunion was super fun. Some stuff was a little off. Some was pretty pointless. But the show kept its soul, had some great funny moments and the arcs of the main characters were really well done. There were a few moments that made the room a little dusty in the fourth episode.

Kelly Bishop is a national treasure. She really deserves a bunch of awards for her role as Emily in this. She nailed every scene. 

Overall, a great way to spend the Friday after Thanksgiving. It's such a great show and I am glad I got to spend some more time with the characters.

I adored all four episodes. I was laughing and crying through all of it. 

And yeah, Kelly Bishop is fucking amazing. The DAR "BULLSHIT!" scene was incredible. She's the best. And it made me so happy to see Jason Mantzoukas in a cameo  (he frequently mentions GG on How Did This Get Made).

On 11/29/2016 at 10:13 PM, piranesi said:

Ignore this. I didn't hit quote, it won't go away.

I've been looking forward to Riverdale for months. Archie meets Twin Peaks is the most interestingly strange high concept to come down the pike in quite some time.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I've been looking forward to Riverdale for months. Archie meets Twin Peaks is the most interestingly strange high concept to come down the pike in quite some time.

Since Afterlife with Archie? :)

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic