DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2016 MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 11/20/2016 at 1:47 PM, Vader does my taxes! said:

I think Bloodpsort is a pretty bad movie, objectlively speaking.

That said, how it never became a franchise, I'll never know.  

Especially in a world where they are still making Kickboxer sequels/spin-offs in 2016.

Aren't you a little young for full contact?

• Like 2

Just got back from seeing Moana.  I highly recommend this for everybody, it was so damn good.  The female star made one hell of a movie debut, she's got a great future.  Rock was pretty great in his role and I'm sure this movie meant a lot to him.  Knowing that this was based off Hawaiian culture and folklore I could tell they made sure to represent Hawaii in a big way.  I sense it will not only do monster box office sales, but the two main songs will be played a ton a la "Let it go"  And considering how good it was good for all involved.

The coconut tribe going all Mad Max is king-sized and needs to be seen.  If you told me I'd see that in a Disney movie I'd think you're full of it.

• Like 1

Hell Or High Water was a really good movie.  It almost reminded me of Heat in a rural setting.  There were several very solid acting performances (including Chris Pine which was a sharp contrast from his fairly tepid acting in the Star Trek movies), characters with significant depth, and a setting that made you really feel the hopelessness and desperation of the principles.  

• Like 1

The dummies posted in the ground standing outside the building when it gets bombed that don't fall over/fly away/set fire, anything, gave me quite the laugh 

If someone was really crazy they'd count all the bullets fired in the movie. And of course, watching that reminded me of this

"War: It's Fantastic!"

EDIT: Oh and somebody needs to tell IFC that they can air the Jason Voorhees tool shed scene in Commando uncut. Please. It's tamer than prime-time television now. 

I could be wrong but I think that The Replacement Killers holds the record for most bullets fired in one production.

Surprising.  I thought for sure that it had to be a war movie or a Western.

IMDB lists the Replacement Killers as the American record for bullets fired but there is no source or anything to it so who knows

It appears the Hard Boiled still has the highest on screen bullet body count (if you don't specify bullet than you get the sci-fi/fantasy stuff and 300)

• Like 2

Friday Foster is on right now and boy is it fucking stupid. You get three of the best actors on the planet at that time, and maybe the most beautiful woman in film history (Yaphet Kotto, Eartha Kitt, and Pam Grier) and feed them this shit. They do their best but damn. They could've been starring in Barry Lyndon or Rocky Horror that year and the movies still would've still been as good, but instead, they were working here. 

EDIT: It is cool to see the Creeper from Dolemite shaved and working though

EDIT II: AND SURE ENOUGH IT WAS FUCKING CARL WEATHERS THAT GOT GUNNED DOWN ON THE ROOFTOP, I KNEW IT!

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic