DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

Just a reminder to vote Jimmy Golden for the One True Originator of the Golden (NOT GANSO) Bomb when you go the polls next Tuesday. If you vote for the lying stinking fraud Kawada then you are just part of the global wrestling media's bias towards Japanese wrestling and I hope someone punches you in the face and you don't even have enough Fighting Spirit to pretend it doesn't hurt.

y7wg1Wu.gif

• Like 2

The award clearly is a TV box.

And since E&C and Bubba dudley and I think Jeff Hardy are there - I am wondering if it was an award for TLC

But why the fuck Kane there?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The award clearly is a TV box.

And since E&C and Bubba dudley and I think Jeff Hardy are there - I am wondering if it was an award for TLC

But why the fuck Kane there?

Kane won the TLC match on RAW in October 2002 on his own defending the WWE World Tag Team Championship as his partner, the Hurricane was laid out.

6 hours ago, goc said:

Just a reminder to vote Jimmy Golden for the One True Originator of the Golden (NOT GANSO) Bomb when you go the polls next Tuesday. If you vote for the lying stinking fraud Kawada then you are just part of the global wrestling media's bias towards Japanese wrestling and I hope someone punches you in the face and you don't even have enough Fighting Spirit to pretend it doesn't hurt.

y7wg1Wu.gif

Thesz was doing that shit in the 40's. Don't feel like searching for the gif from a couple months back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, george young said:

Xr6RfYB.gif

Looking back, it's a wonder anyone bought Raven as being Johnny Polo's 'finally I can be myself' gimmick.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2016 at 9:57 AM, PetrolCB said:

Was this from the Raw 10th Anniversary show? Wasn't that an awards type deal?

Yeah this is correct. They had a bunch of awards for the 10th anniversary of Raw, and somehow that TLC match from 10/02 won the Best Match in Raw History. There was some goofy nominees too, like Austin beating Kane for the title. Also, Kane may be all in good spirits yanking that trophy away, but later in the show he got outed as a MURDERER, of Katie Vick. 

On 11/1/2016 at 7:52 AM, goc said:

y7wg1Wu.gif

Lou Thesz's ghost is waiting for you in an alleyway. He also botched it a few times, which is where the Fire Pro animation of it came from.

When someone gives me video evidence of Lou Thesz doing the same move that Jimmy Golden is doing AND NOT A POWERBOMB then I'll change my stance. But considering all the "look man Thesz did it first!!" people keep showing me Thesz doing powerbombs I think it's clear for a 100% fact that Jimmy Golden invented the Golden Bomb (which is still incorrectly called the Ganso Bomb because people stupidly think All Japan > Alabama)

• Like 1

The Ganso Bomb is a reversal of a Huracanrana (that was countering a Powerbomb). The Golden Bomb is just a high angle kneeling powerbomb. Two different things.