DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Hamhock said:

Whatever reason Schiavone has for working at Starbucks, it's inexcusable that he doesn't have David Crockett working there with him, reading off drinks and customer names and then repeatedly urging Tony to look at them.

Actually, that would be bad to pair them up again, simply because 55 minutes into the shift David say "but we're out of time" and stop serving people.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If I lived in Georgia, I would absolutely do it, make sure to capture it on video, then share it with the DVDVR.

I'll see what I can find out. And, to answer the question from earlier, he works at an FM sports station in ATL part time. It's barely a station...

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Anyone going to Raw in Charlotte?

I thought about it, but I waited too long to pull the trigger, and now all the seats left are upper level. I'd rather just stay home in that case.

9 hours ago, AxB said:

"I'm gonna yank out my Johnson and piss in this hellhole!"

"You're saying I'm not good enough, aren't you Ric?"

This: 

Is Foley the only wrestler to have two promos that really define him? This one, and the sitdown interview(s) with JR when he debuted.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Whip that cream! Whip it like a dog!

I now want a Dusty appearance where he just casually strolls up to the counter where Tony's working, leans forward and says to Tony in a calm and rational voice, "Sir, there's a lady in the men's bathroom."

• Like 5

I think that whole deal has been overstated over the years. Billy Gunn's singles career didn't fail because Rock cut a promo on him, it failed because he couldn't work a full match without blowing up and because his only promo skill consisted of adding an exclamation point to whatever Road Dogg said.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, John Austin said:

CBS radio or Cox Media (or does he not do UGA pregame shows anymore?)

He left Cox Media recently, and is now at 92.9/The Game, which is CBS Radio.

One of his children was a traffic reporter at WSB Radio -- unsure if he's still there.

17 hours ago, zev said:

Actually, that would be bad to pair them up again, simply because 55 minutes into the shift David say "but we're out of time" and stop serving people.

As a consolation, maybe David could ask customers to come back next week and watch security cam footage of people who look like them (the customers) getting served.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Comedian said:

I think that whole deal has been overstated over the years. Billy Gunn's singles career didn't fail because Rock cut a promo on him, it failed because he couldn't work a full match without blowing up and because his only promo skill consisted of adding an exclamation point to whatever Road Dogg said.

This. Billy Gunn failed b/c he f'n sucked. I remember his one match with Benoit that was supposed to be his coming out party and he got gassed within like 3 minutes. I'm fairly certain that match was supposed to be a lot more even but Gunn got gassed and Benoit was like "fuck it" and just took all of the offense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DTTW said:

I now want a Dusty appearance where he just casually strolls up to the counter where Tony's working, leans forward and says to Tony in a calm and rational voice, "Sir, there's a lady in the men's bathroom."

She had to get some relief. Could someone please get my medicine?

• Like 2