DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Well remember when Nakamura was first announced there was a brief period where they were only using his last name but then he showed up on TV and it was his full name

15 minutes ago, cool arrow said:

Has anyone mentioned that Davey Richards has announced that 2017 will be his last year in the business?

I wasn't aware he was still wrestling.  He also has said similar things in the past though so I'm of the "I'll believe it when I see it" mindset regarding Davey.

Please no, last thing we need is Old Man Taker hobbling around the match that's going to be bogged down by the fact that the teams all hate their partners, because if we want to create teams to win, let's load them with people actively feuding with each other...

My personal preference, which may be no one elses, would have been that they tape the 205 show on the previous house show and still air it on Tuesdays. Still professionally shot but not super fancy to give it a different feel, house shows crowds are hot for everything, and they could have added commentary in post production. A dead tired SD crowd isn't ideal but hopefully they'll still be into it, having an excited crowd does a lot to enhance the matches.

• Like 1

The reason they can't do yet before is because they tape Main Event (or Superstars I get them confused)

I guess the thought process is that it will be the same length of a full RAW taping so NBD. Of course, totally ignoring that everyone will leave after the SD Main Event

Does anyone else remember the contest that WCW had where you could write a rap for PN News and he would rap it at a PPV? The winner was hilariously bad, and it's been a point of fascination for me to see what the other entries were like, or if WCW just picked one essentially at random.