DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NBA - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

On 1/3/2017 at 10:41 PM, sabremike said:

Hot take: if Embiid could average playing north of 30 minutes a game the Sixers would be a playoff team. He is that good. I can't wait to see what they look like when Simmons is able to play.

Embiid is arguably the best defensive player in the league already. Posted on twitter yesterday prior to the game today. Last years Sixers were outscored -10.0 points per 100 possessions -10.2 ppp per 48 minutes. This year without Embiid is worse -11.2 ppp per 100 possessions, -11.3 ppp per 48 minutes. With Embiid the Sixers outscore opponents +1.5 per 100, +2.5 per 48. 

Won 8 of 9 last games when Okafor doesn't start. 

C2VLevwWEAAWw3i.jpg

Edited by Cole Miner

Not really NBA news but I feel a Seattle road trip coming up:

Ice Cube created the BIG3, a 3-on-3 league (teams have 5 players) for recently retired players that will tour the country. They'll play in the summer and stop off at major cities without franchises and the biggest cities in the country. AI is going to be a player-coach (OMG YES). The games will have no time limit, instead ending when one team gets up to 60 and has a 4 point lead. There will be 4 pointers. The money goes into a pot with the champions getting 30% and the last placed team only getting 2.5%. There are no team owners.

This is the best thing.

Was this talked about elsewhere? If so, I apologize.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I think Rudy Gobert might have something to say about that. . .

Embiid almost singlehandedly made the worst team in the history of the sport credible and competitive. No topping that.

So, Golden State is now on place for slightly over 70 wins, which would give them the third best record ever, break another Bulls record, this time for best two year cumulative record, and I'm fairly certain shatter the NBA record for best three year stretch.

Rudy Gay reportedly tore his achilles last night.  Really sucks for him as he was planning on opting out after this year and signing his last big contract.  

Depending on how the next couple of weeks go I think this means we could see Cousins get moved at the deadline for picks and the Kings tear it down to the studs yet again.

11 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

They've negotiated an extensions but weren't going to sign until the offseason, so currently he's only signed through next season with no options.

Gotcha. That'd be pretty fucking cold to trade him now then

It's a cold world, man.

Selfishly, I'd like to see what Boogie is like on a minimally-competent franchise.  But moving him to another team would mean him losing out on millions on his next contract and I'm all for dudes getting paid.  

And the money difference is huge right?  Like isn't the extension the Kings are going to give him something along the lines of $200 million over 5 years?  Even if they want to blow it up and trade him, sign him first and wait the year required by the CBA because Boogie on a 4 year deal even at that price is going to have a very high trade value.