DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NBA - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Lakers had no business winning that game.  Complete collapse in the final four minutes and they couldn't stop Russell from doing anything.  And then Nick Young just jacks up some shit for what ends up being the game winner.

Nick Young's three caused the Lakers to beat the Thunder for the first time in two and a half years is a sentence I never thought I'd ever type.

3 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Lakers had no business winning that game.  Complete collapse in the final four minutes and they couldn't stop Russell from doing anything.  And then Nick Young just jacks up some shit for what ends up being the game winner.

Nick Young's three caused the Lakers to beat the Thunder for the first time in two and a half years is a sentence I never thought I'd ever type.

Refs missed Young's travel on the play. Though I should be used to it by now. Traveling and moving screens are just a part of the game now.

Yeah, you can see some guys on the Thunder bench freaking out over it too.  Refs wont call that on a potential final play.  I don't forgive it but that's how it is.  Unless you blatantly do something stupid that HAS to be called, the whistles get swallowed.  It's nothing new.   

Well, Thunder didn't do themselves any favors by playing terrible defense on that final play.  They were scrambling all over the place and losing Lakers players left and right.  Yes, the travel could/should have been called, but it wasn't as if the Thunder defended the play well.  I didn't feel too bad for them.  Plus Nick Young intercepting a pass to his own teammate to hit the game winner is a highlight that needed to be in Nick Young's "BEST OF..." compilation videos.

Another thing, I'm taking a healthy Anthony Davis vs. a healthy Karl-Anthony Towns.  I know it's been a mini-debate among some and maybe it'll change in the far, far distance future, but Davis is that dude(!) when he's healthy.  More athletic.  More versatile on the offensive end. Give this man a legit PG.

I saw Simmons mention that trade, and though I'm not sure of how much weight it has, it's not a bad trade. Boston has a shit load of picks to trade, and maybe throw in a young piece for Bogut and Justin Anderson(who I've lost my patience with). I think the ONLY hangup there, is that the Mavs office will see it as intentional tanking, and they are deadset against it while Dirk is around.

12 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I saw Simmons mention that trade, and though I'm not sure of how much weight it has, it's not a bad trade. Boston has a shit load of picks to trade, and maybe throw in a young piece for Bogut and Justin Anderson(who I've lost my patience with). I think the ONLY hang up there, is that thise Mavs office will see it as intentional tanking, and they are deadset against it while Dirk is around.

Speaking of loss of patience someone please take Okafor already. Getting to the point that we'll be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him. A late 1st and a scrub is what we could likely do now. Unless someone is crazy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cole Miner said:

Speaking of loss of patience someone please take Okafor already. Getting to the point that we'll be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him. A late 1st and a scrub is what we could likely do now. Unless someone is crazy.

Bogut for Okafor straight up. Who says no?

1 hour ago, RandomAct said:

Bogut for Okafor straight up. Who says no?

We can't take back a center. You could use that as a starting point for a 3 way. Bogut to Boston, Rozier and Boston's own first to Philly, Okafor to  Dallas. Okafor doesn't seem to fit with the type of centers Dallas has used though. Okafor needs to improve a lot just to reach Kanter and Monroe's level. Those guys find themselves on the bench for a reason. They at least rebound. 

• Like 1

He's moving around pretty well actually so far.  The big issue with him is that he refuses to fucking roll to the basket ever. Way to many dead plays with him holding the ball in the high post, too. Still rebounding, defending and passing well, though.

He's now averaging a triple double (only Robertson has ever averaged one later than 8 games into the season) and over thirty a night.

Harden and the Brow are also both putting up insane stat line more or less nightly.

• Like 1