DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NBA - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

LAAAAAAKERS!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit!  Warriors clearly thought they could just coast and and then when they realized they couldn't, it was too late.  Warriors definitely stepped it into high gear, but LA retaliated.  Best Lakers win that Kobe had nothing to do with in forever.

Curry 0-10 from 3, Thompson 2-10 from 3.  And that Larry Nance Jr. dunk was crazy.

It's kinda blowing my mind, that going into the season, I was hyped for Bogut but worried about Barnes.  It's been the exact opposite though. Yeah, we're 0-5, but Barnes has been very good, and Bogut is kinda holding back the offense.  We looked so much better with him out tonight.  I know it's early, but I'm at a loss at what can turn things around.

Lakers been fun this season which I don't think I've said in like 5 years! Kinda strange seeing Swaggy P starting on this team & playing pretty well. Think everyone thought he was gonna get cut by the Lakers during the summer and kept waiting for it to happen. Young guys on the team are fun. Randle looks like he's improved. Also think Luke won me over by playing Tarik Black a bit more than Byron ever did just to keep everyone from asking, "Why isn't he playing Tarik Black?" on my twitter timeline. 

Sucks that Anthony Davis is on the Pelicans with that 0-6 start.

Mavs FINALLY get a W, and earned the fuck out of it tonight too. Smothering defense in the second half, Barnes continuing to shock me, and a surprising game from a dude who may be a hidden gem for us, Dorian Finney-Smith.  As long as Barnes doesn't become 2013 OJ Mayo, I REALLY like our future.

Curry's record is a nice wallpapering over them nearly getting rolled by a 0-6 Pelicans after losing by 20 to the Lakers.

Watching a replay of that Lakers game again last night. He dogs it on D big time, and feel that Klay's slump has much to do with Curry's options on offense being to either shoot or clear space and act as a none too subtle decoy, rather than being able to give Klay any good looks himself. 5.9 APG compared to 6.8 career is difficult to tell a story - would be interested to see a breakdown of that stat - how many good 3 point looks is he giving his teammates?

As crazy as it sounds, I'd let him go at the end of the season/or at least offer far less than what other teams are going to. Surely a Charlotte return is in the mix?

I just watched a tired as hell Rockets on the last game of a five game road trip just hold the Spurs under 100 points and hand them their third home loss of the season with Harden finishing with a triple double.

If I was Harden Harden would be my favorite player too. 

I think all those assists were there in previous years, just nobody could shoot.  With Anderson and Gordon, they're making those shots.

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

His comments are definitely fair enough, but I hope he thinks about them the next time he goes to bully and abuse a reporter trying to do his or her job.