DVDVR Message Board

THE 2016 WORLD SERIES

Dolfan in NYC

15 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

http://www.bleachernation.com/2016/08/29/the-end-of-august-and-the-playoff-roster-rules-who-is-eligible/ I had to look this up, but as long as you are on the 40 man roster on 8/31 you would be eligible, or are replacing and injured player. . . .

Ah, that's the change . Used to be you had to be on the 25 man , not the 40. Got it.  Thanks . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Anyone going out to Wrigley on Saturday?

Fun fact: the vast majority of people who purchased tickets to the game now have only one kidney.

• Like 3

I was happy the Royals won last year because at least the Jays lost to the eventual World Series Champs.  I can't do that this year because the Cleveland's nickname and and logo is racist as fuck. And it's maddening how people are so fucking oblivious people are to it. With all due respect, Jerome. Not venting at you directly...but seeing these assholes dressed up as chief wahoo makes me feel like going postal.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Infinit said:

I was happy the Royals won last year because at least the Jays lost to the eventual World Series Champs.  I can't do that this year because the Cleveland's nickname and and logo is racist as fuck. And it's maddening how people are so fucking oblivious people are to it. With all due respect, Jerome. Not venting at you directly...but seeing these assholes dressed up as chief wahoo makes me feel like going postal.

Calm down paleface 

• Like 7

A couple of years ago, I saw a concept for rebranding that a fan did that I thought was pretty bitchin. He used Moses Cleaveland as the mascot, as he was the guy that started the settlement and that the town was named for. He kept the Swinging Wahoo as a template, but turned it into a white guy from the 1700's. 

Spoiler

X8Ejniv.png

• Like 1

Well. At least I got to hang out on Kenmore and Waveland with some friends who live there and others from out of town. That was nice.

Listening to the game on the radio made it sound like the Cubs played like total dogshit. Good job Cubs, save your worst efforts for the World Series. Smart move.

It would be poetic for them to lose the Series at Wrigley. Cleveland will have another huge parade and next year even if the team is still great, they'll be back to bottom 5 in attendance for no good reason.

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

It would be poetic for them to lose the Series at Wrigley. Cleveland will have another huge parade and next year even if the team is still great, they'll be back to bottom 5 in attendance for no good reason.

Well then let's hope the Jays are good next year. Their fans will happily do their part and pack Progressive for a series. 

• Like 1

... While I have bordering on accepted defeat, I will point out, we just need Lester to beat Bauer tonight, and then all of a sudden Cleveland gets all the pressure, and the Cubs still get Arrieta and Hendricks to finish. It's not out of the question this series isn't dead yet. The Cubs bats just need to, you know, stop being shit.

• Like 2

While it hasn't panned out so far, the Cubs still have favorable match-ups on the mound tonight and (if needed) in game 6. The bats need to wake the fuck up quickly though. Cleveland's pitching outside of Bauer has been outstanding, largely shutting down Boston, Toronto and Chicago's vaunted offenses. If they win, it's incredibly well deserved.