DVDVR Message Board

THE 2016 WORLD SERIES

Dolfan in NYC

Well, you know what.  This is the World Series 2016 deserves.  Two teams that haven't been to to a World Series in a combined 90 years, and haven't won in a combined over 175 years.  What an absolute insane year. 

Alright, here we go.  

Game 1 - Chicago @ Cleveland, Tues 10/25 8:07p

Game 2 - Chicago @ Cleveland, Wed 10/26 8:07p

Game 3 - Cleveland @ Chicago, Fri 10/28 8:07p

Game 4 - Cleveland @ Chicago, Sat 10/29 8:07p

Game 5* - Cleveland @ Chicago, Sun 10/30 8:07p

Game 6* - Chicago @ Cleveland, Tues 11/01 8:07p

Game 7* - Chicago @ Cleveland, Wed11/02 8:07p

* - If Necessary 

FiveThirtyEight Chances since it was mentioned about the Cubs having 51% before. It's now 63% Cubs, 37% Cleveland. 52/48 Cubs at the moment for game one since they don't know pitchers and it's in Cleveland. I'm sure Cleveland will have the betting odds though, as if that matters in baseball.

For what it's worth, I'd be pretty shocked if the Cubs starters in the Series don't go like this

Lester-Arrieta-Hendricks-Lackey-Lester-Arrieta-Hendricks.

You want Lester to open, cause he's a machine in the playoffs as long as he's not on Oakland. You want both Lester and Hendricks to get a home start, cause Lester's Home ERA this year was 1.74, and Hendricks was 1.32. You most certainly want all 3 of them to get 4 starts. Only downside is you don't get Jake batting at home, but it's worth it.

The more interesting thing for me is: Does Schwarber DH? Cause I honestly think it's a very legitimate possibility now. 

All signs point to at least seeing if Schwarber is ready. The key to beating Cleveland is simple: Jump on them early, don't wait for them to get to their bullpen. Schwarber, assuming he's even at 80%, would go a long way to assisting with that.

I think Schwarber's going to play. Theo talked about him a lot today and tonight. He looked pretty good in the Arizona league too. That would be one hell of a weapon to have because there's not really much time for Cleveland's pitching staff to adjust to Schwarber and all Schwarber does is kill the ball.

For the rotation, yeah, you have to go with Lester-Arrieta-Hendricks-Lackey.

Also, as much as I hate to say it, I think you keep going with Heyward off the bench and Almora starting, unless there's a good matchup for Heyward.

I'm still numb to all of this right now. My eyes are puffy as hell, I'm really tired, but I don't want this day to be over.

• Like 2

The Cubs make the World Series for the first time in forever and this is the total garbage that Al Yellon had saved for this special moment.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2016/10/23/13371154/cubs-dodgers-recap-kyle-hendricks-anthony-rizzo-mlb-scores

What a complete and total fucking idiot. Mind you, none of this should be surprising because this is the same dumbass who gets in line for the bleachers at least 4 hours early just so no one else takes his seat, this is the same dumbass who was/is anti-Theo and anti-rebuild, and the same dumbass who sought legal help to stop people from bashing him on Twitter.

This response to the article in question is my favorite:

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

The Cubs make the World Series for the first time in forever and this is the total garbage that Al Yellon had saved for this special moment.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2016/10/23/13371154/cubs-dodgers-recap-kyle-hendricks-anthony-rizzo-mlb-scores

What a complete and total fucking idiot. Mind you, none of this should be surprising because this is the same dumbass who gets in line for the bleachers at least 4 hours early just so no one else takes his seat, this is the same dumbass who was/is anti-Theo and anti-rebuild, and the same dumbass who sought legal help to stop people from bashing him on Twitter.

This response to the article in question is my favorite:

What the fuck were those first few paragraphs? The rest of the article read fine enough, it's just the intro that was nauseatingly stupid. 

Al tried to top himself today by writing an article about how there shouldn't be any more discussion about goats, Bartman, etc...and then proceeded to write about those exact fucking things. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2016 at 0:51 AM, El Dragon said:

For what it's worth, I'd be pretty shocked if the Cubs starters in the Series don't go like this

Lester-Arrieta-Hendricks-Lackey-Lester-Arrieta-Hendricks.

You want Lester to open, cause he's a machine in the playoffs as long as he's not on Oakland. You want both Lester and Hendricks to get a home start, cause Lester's Home ERA this year was 1.74, and Hendricks was 1.32. You most certainly want all 3 of them to get 4 starts. Only downside is you don't get Jake batting at home, but it's worth it.. 

This is the direction they are going in, but I sort of wish they went Arrieta Lester Hendricks Lackey Arrieta Lester Hendricks. I understand wanting Lester out there for game one, but If the series goes long having Arrieta in the lineup twice and Lester pitching only DH games seems like a solid move.

24 minutes ago, Jrag said:

This is the direction they are going in, but I sort of wish they went Arrieta Lester Hendricks Lackey Arrieta Lester Hendricks. I understand wanting Lester out there for game one, but If the series goes long having Arrieta in the lineup twice and Lester pitching only DH games seems like a solid move.

You get Lester back for game 5 in Chicago though, instead of waiting for game 6 in Cleveland. 

Actually, I'm relatively calm about all of this. Tonight feels like another game. I'm still numb to the fact that the team is in the World Series. If they somehow win it all, well, that's when shit gets unpredictable.

BTW, Jason Kipnis' ankle is FUCKED. Grade 2 ankle sprain and it looks like he has a head growing out of his ankle. Some reporter posted this on Twitter about an hour ago, which is odd because why would you post something like that...

It has since been deleted. Kipnis somehow expects to play. Yeah...somehow I doubt that.