DVDVR Message Board

THE 2016 WORLD SERIES

Dolfan in NYC

I have posted this on a lot of Cubs sites, but I really enjoyed writing it and had the idea in my head for a while, so here it is.

Thank you Jeff Samardzija, for turning down a big money contract because you didn't think the Cubs would get here. Thanks to you, we got Addison Russell.

Thank you Ryan Dempster for using your no-trade clause to prevent you for going to Atlanta. You got us Kyle Hendricks.

Thanks Garza, ya ass, for getting us Edwards.

Thank you Dan Vogelbach, for getting us the guy who closed out the series. I hope you hit like 500 homers.

Thank you Andrew Cashner, for not completely breaking down in time for us to fleece San Diego out of Rizzo.

Thank you Luis Valbuena, for turning into a damn good player here, and getting us Dexter Fowler.

Thank you Scouts for deciding Mark Appel was clear as day the No.1 prospect in his pool instead of Kris Bryant.

Thank you Theo Epstein for drafting Albert Almora. His decision to take 2nd on a fly ball to center led to this entire god damned thing.

Thank you Ben Zobrist, Jon Lester, John Lackey, and Jason Heyward for deciding to be Cubs.

Thank you Jim Hendry. Contreras and Baez? Yeah, not bad for yourself kind sir.

Thank you Scott Fucking Feldman. I don't know how you got us Jake Arrieta and Pedro Strop, but just thank you.

Thank you Renteria. I'm sorry how it ended for you here, but I'm not sorry for the end result.

Thank you LA for making Joe Maddon available to us.

Thank you Jon Lester for having to have your backup catcher. Grandpa Rossy will be a legend in Chicago forever.

Thank you Tom Ricketts for being patient enough for the rebuild.

And thank everyone here for joining me and them on this journey.

HEY CHICAGO WHAT DO YOU SAY, THE CUBS ARE THE CHAMPS TODAY!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

That look of joy on Bill Murray's face is exactly why I wanted the Cubs to win. 

Same, except in my case it was the look of detached dread on John Cusack's face.

Whenever FOX cut to him with his chin in his hand I thought he might end up as the last Cubs fan to die without seeing them win at some point tonight.

I'm so damn happy for Cubs fans.  I can't imagine having to wait 108 years, and definitely can't imagine those in their 80s and 90s who are lifelong Cubs fans.  They've seen a lot of the curses and close calls, the promising years and the epic failures.  And as great as it is for all fans I think about them and how sweet it must feel to see them finally win it.  And you can't ask to win in a much better game than last night, that was one helluva nail-biter.  Congrats to you all!

• Like 1

No idea if this should go in this thread or offseason thread but here is the live stream to the parade:

http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/chicago-cubs-parade

The video of them opening the gates and thousands of people running into the park like the world biggest Black Friday sale is just insane

Oh CM Punk is doing commentary so I already apologize for providing the link :P

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

People have been ridiculously fucking awesome in the wake of all of this. Not just Cubs fans, but people like you guys too.

For what it's worth, it means a ton to me. Thanks guys.

Just heed the "don't turn into dicks like Red Sox fans" warning. :)

108 years is a long ass fucking time. Most of us have that team they cheer for that can't ever win a championship, so we can empathize with the plight.