DVDVR Message Board

Nintendo Switch

Kevin Wilson

10 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Do we know that for sure? I've been hoping a better creative team gets a shot at playing with the improved game mechanics of Fallout 4.

From everything I've heard, it's 99.9% for sure. The bullshit they pulled with Metacritics score for NV and Obsidian actually talking out about it (one F'N point, fuck you, it's in the contract, you get no cake). And from  indications that they are going towards Elder Scrolls Online route with Fallout (ESO is a model that works for them with a safe formula... more reasons for me to never touch it).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turk128 said:

The bullshit they pulled with Metacritics score for NV and Obsidian actually talking out about it (one F'N point, fuck you, it's in the contract, you get no cake).

Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about here. Got a link?

On 3/12/2018 at 7:56 AM, tbarrie said:

Thanks!

Do companies often tie contracts to Metacritic scores? That sounds crazy to me.

Not only that, they hire consultants to tell them what their scores would be and how to get a better score. It's basically equivalent to Oscar-baiting.

What was shitty about the NV Obsidian situation was that the score was within a month of the game release. You're talking about Bethaesda who's notorious for their buggy release builds, hence it was bullshit and deck was  stacked against them.

14 hours ago, turk128 said:

Not only that, they hire consultants to tell them what their scores would be and how to get a better score. It's basically equivalent to Oscar-baiting.

I'd think a better analogy would be tying a director's compensation to the movie's Tomatometer score. Which I can't imagine actually happening, but then, I don't really know anything about how Hollywood operates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

i don't really see an issue where you hire somebody for $xx and then if they do a really good job they get a bonus of $yy. providing that all of this is in the contract, where is the problem?

Using websites which have been likened to the collective farting of thousand assholes to determine whether they did a really good job or not is the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 5:22 AM, odessasteps said:

Anyone  played Burly Men at Sea? 

Play it with a friend on Share Play on PS4, we laughed so much at what the hell was or was not happening.

I apologise for bumping such an old thread but i didn't know where else to ask, does anybody have any information on the upcoming Switch consoles that are being released?

I want to buy a Switch but if the new model comes out anytime soon I'd rather wait. I can't wait to play Pokemon really.

• 4 months later...

I mean, they're putting Jedi Knight 2 on the Switch. In Nintendo Direct where they surprise announced Deadly Premonition 2, the announcement of JEDI. KNIGHT. 2. was about the most random and wtf announcement ever.

And I love it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Pretty sure they ruined Animal Crossing

I think you mean ruined all of our lives.

Because what I really needed was something like a crafting system to spend MORE time playing Animal Crossing once it comes out.

On 9/4/2019 at 6:49 PM, Craig H said:

Posted it in the upcoming games thread, but holy shit, that Nintendo Direct today was fucking bananas.

There was a lot of freaking out going on at my house.  We figured Banjo and Kazooie was coming in a couple weeks but when they said it'd be later that day we lost it.  Add to that news about SNES Online coming out yesterday and it was a very wonderful video to watch.

For those that have Smash BnK are fun to play as though I'm still getting used to him.  Do love the level as it shows how much detail they put into it.  And the rotating aspect is a great touch.  And for SNES Online as soon as it showed up on eShop we hopped that immediately.  There's something really fun about playing shit like Mario Kart and F Zero again and she loved playing the one Kirby game she didn't have as a kid.  $35 a year is an incredible value considering it's cloud-based on-demand games without having to setup RetroPis or anything like that (nothing against it as I'm hoping to set one up soon)  All in all well done, Nintendo.