DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

You always should have a healthy amount of ammo around, but yeah, if you are where I think you are.  You're in for a massive shitshow.  

Have some money on hand to pay for the stupid bounty he'll always give you. 

• Like 1

I did the Bank Robbery in Valentine so I'm over 2 grand for the most part.  

My biggest issue with this game is that since it's a prequel, there's a few people that should catch a bullet from Arthur that I know won't because they end up catching it from John in the other game, so at least there's that.

Yeah, I switched over to keeping full on Express for my normal weapons (the Revolvers, Lancaster, and Rolling Block) mostly annoyed that I wanted to do Split Point, but I seem to only be able to craft one at a time.

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

Yeah, I switched over to keeping full on Express for my normal weapons (the Revolvers, Lancaster, and Rolling Block) mostly annoyed that I wanted to do Split Point, but I seem to only be able to craft one at a time.

Yeah, split point can be time consuming. but incendiary ammo is where it’s at.  ?   

So, at this point, I've come to the conclusion that the end of every chapter is just "shit hitting the fan", and it's severity is incremental.  

I'm also mad that no matter what, Arthur isn't the one putting down Dutch when it should be, but am at least ok with knowing the fact that John eventually gets him.  I'm at least hoping Arthur gets to get Micah(I suspect him) and Lead Pinkerton before Consumption puts him down.

I'm kinda thinking that this game might've worked better with a different set of characters than a straight prequel, because it kinda kills the tension knowing at least 6 characters are plot armored and no matter what the narrative isn't going to give the chance of a satisfying resolution.

• Like 2

One of the RDR2 youtubers had an interesting theory that Dutch's downfall started after he got his bell ring in the St Denis trolley car crash.

I think it's a good theory, but I'd say Dutch's biggest mistake was allowing Micah to join the gang. 

• Like 1

I'm more of the mind that Dutch's downfall started after Blackwater went sideways and he slowly lost control and didn't keep everyone under control in Valentine.  Then it just became a series of fuckups that were the exact opposite of "laying low", even when Hosea, John, and Arthur were constantly calling him on it (although Hosea buying into the Rebel Gold story doesn't help his case).

On 9/30/2019 at 10:25 PM, odessasteps said:

One of the RDR2 youtubers had an interesting theory that Dutch's downfall started after he got his bell ring in the St Denis trolley car crash.

I think it's a good theory, but I'd say Dutch's biggest mistake was allowing Micah to join the gang. 

You can see a switch in him change at that point for sure

Who was chopping onions in my house during the end of Chapter 6?  Who?

For the epilogue so far:

Ok John, Arthur gave you the sachel, and there was almost 3 grand in there, where'd it all go?  Also, by god John better rectify the error that is Micah still breathing at the end of Chapter 6. 

Arthur Morgan might've become one of my favorite video game protagonists.

• Like 3

In the Better Late than Never department:

Far as my playthrough goes, I'm glad I didn't do the High Stakes Treasure Hunt during the main game because I never hurt for money after the Valentine Bank Robbery.  Did it in the Epilogue and corrected the "no money or provisions carry over to the Epilogue" issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

A shame but expected at this point. 

I would settle for fixing some of the really annoying bugs in Online. 

The randomly disappearing saddles are only a minor inconvience.

Now, not being able to do a fucking Trading Supply run from your camp on the other hand...

Or everything to do with treasure/collecting maps...

• 2 weeks later...

I picked the game back up after taking a break after the end of the main game, because Rancher simulation '18 wasn't doing it for me after the blood rain in the final act. Went through Ep. 1 and now going through part two. I know I'm a sick fuck because my favorite thing to do with guys who cross me is lasso 'em and throw them in a body of water or off that train bridge in the north. . .

I know the Epilogue takes a while to get going, but you're missing Blood Rain Pt 2 if you don't play it through.

It's still kinda a shame this game's a prequel knowing how John's gonna end up.

Yeah I just finished the mission where you get jumped by the gang in tall trees getting the tools. That mission reminded me of a freaking civil war battle with the hills and the trees and whatnot. I had fun sniping the guys in thieves landing too. I'm fully back into the game now, I just had to take a break for a while because Arthur's death hit hard as well.(hopefully that's not still a spoiler)