DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I legit haven't been this emotional over something in a video game since at least Mass Effect 3

I am probably gonna have to start an post game thread just so I can process shit

But first I gotta get through the rest of this stuff

It has definitely been hard to avoid certain topics while waiting for you and Dolfan to finish story mode. (I assume JT has abandoned the game for more Destiny. ) 

(Double Post)

All I had time today to do was start on the NE corner of the map. Visited Charlotte and Marco and found some more cards and dinosaur bones and the meteor crater (I had already found the meteorite house earlier.) 

Rippa - I still won't mention it - even in a spoiler tag - just in case you're not talking about what I think you're talking about, even though I'm 99% sure I know. But yeah - that shit was brutal. Anyone who says video games aren't an art form is a dumbass.

I don't know if I got that emotional at the end of Gladiator.

Here's a safe spoiler for folks who are in the epilogue:

Spoiler

I watched the trailers for this game like "Who the fuck is Arthur? John's in the game - why isn't the focus on him?"

I would have never dreamed in a billion years that I would be as mad about playing as John as I was about playing as Jack in the first game. I have to give Rockstar credit. When you take a known protagonist and let me play as him, and I find myself missing the new guy, you've done something incredible.

Hell, I'm on my second run now, just started chapter three, and am already dreading that damn horse scene again.

• Like 1

I'm the kind of person who doesn't mind finding out spoilers because I'm more interested in seeing how it's all pulled off, and even with the basic knowledge of the endgame I still don't know if I'm emotionally ready for it. For that reason I've been digging around the map and exploring, making sure I had all the side stuff done, hunting a ton and just generally enjoying my time. Finished all the satchels so now I can carry a ridiculous amount of materials, going to do the last treasure map I have, and after last night and the missions with Sadie Adler, I got the 4th missable story trophy so it's almost time to take the plunge and finish this shit. 

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:
  Hide contents

I think this is not as bad as, say famously Raiden, since you have likely already played as John in rdr1 and have an emotional bond with him. 

That's a really good point. I, along with everyone on Earth, despised Raiden.

Random general question - do you guys look up treasure/serial killer/etc. locations, or am I just too dumb to interpret the maps?

I generally like to play a game as intended, but there's the old man side of me who is like, "I have literally been playing video games for 30 years. I am long past dealing with crap like this."

• Like 1

I happened upon all of the serial killer clues on my own but looked up the final location, and I also lucked into finding all of the treasure maps organically but again have used guides to find stuff. When it comes to cleaning up cigarette cards and dream catchers and such when I finish the story, you bet your ass I'm looking all that stuff up online.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The last line of @RUkered spoiler is exactly what I was talking about

EDIT - like two hours after it happened I got upset again when I was telling my wife what happened

Spoiler

That and the last collection before I told Strauss to eat a dick were the two things that got me.  Kids and animals.

Really didn't give a shit about half of the gang eating bullets, and when Arthur started coughing my only reaction was that it was about time they got on with that storyline.

I was annoyed Arthur didn't get to shoot MIcah right in the middle of his face, though.

I am at the last mission of Epilogue 1

I haven't really done any exploring at all - I figure I will just wait (unless something seems obvious)

Will do the bounties

Now I have me a cool hat

I'm 6 missions from finishing the main story.  Next up Sadie or Eagle Flies.  

I'm doing EF first because ugh, fuck this mission that's probably going to end up in a massive slaughter.  As opposed to Sadie, who's massive slaughters are fun.

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am at the last mission of Epilogue 1

I haven't really done any exploring at all - I figure I will just wait (unless something seems obvious)

Will do the bounties

Now I have me a cool hat

Some exploring you will need to do. 

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I still have to do that strawberry to St Denis 9 minute challenge. 

That actually sounds easy, in print. I’ll have to check this out.

There another one that I think is only online, I could be wrong. It’s something like 90 seconds on a route with Colter and Sadler ranch. I’ll have to give it a go. One I wanted to do, but haven’t yet, is that Valentine to Rhodes challenge. 

5 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

@RIPPA, are you coming online at all after this, or just sticking with story?

I will at least create a character and get through the tutorial stuff

Not sure how much I will play just because I really wanna get to Spiderman. If the XBOX crew kept hours like normal humans it would be easier to play more

When I was was keeping unsocial hours, it was very easy to play GTA online with Americans. Now I've started going to bed at 3AM instead of waiting for the sunrise, I tend to play games late morning/ early afternoon UK time. When the Americans are asleep.

Rocket League on the USA servers is always easier than on the European ones, but it's a hell of a lot easier at 5AM EST.

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

Every time this is the most recent thread in the gaming forum, I see "RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SING..." on the main page and I think it must be the RDR2 Singalong Thread.

I am perpetually disappointed.

I'll get us started.

One night when I was frisky

Over some potent whisky

• Like 1

In brief window today, bagged the legendary bbuckland got the antler trinket. 

Also, I was shooting birds near the trappers hut and I got a wanted level for disturbing the peace. 

I also accidentally got on the wrong horse in Annesburg and got a $10 bounty and about 10 lawmen all starting shooting at me and I was dead before I could run away.