DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

I was so happy that I rode past at least 3 st denis policeman after taking my bandana off while the warning was wearing off. 

I'm trying to trigger my last camp activity again (pearson) so I can finish St Denis. I did the cattle rustling one with Uncle last night. 

New goal is to finish the single player by the New Year (losing a week to holiday travel is not pleasing me)

I have to imagine Chapter 5 can't last THAT long (so now I fully expect someone to tell me that its is 94 missions long)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

New goal is to finish the single player by the New Year (losing a week to holiday travel is not pleasing me)

I have to imagine Chapter 5 can't last THAT long (so now I fully expect someone to tell me that its is 94 missions long)

You've got a good long ways ways to go if you're sill in 5.

5 minutes ago, Robert C said:

You've got a good long ways ways to go if you're sill in 5.

I know 6 and the Epilogue are huge - just because of where I am in 5 had me feeling like this specific chapter can't last more than the like I think 6 missions I see

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I know 6 and the Epilogue are huge - just because of where I am in 5 had me feeling like this specific chapter can't last more than the like I think 6 missions I see

How about 9?

my goal also is to be done the story over vacation and then start finding all the quests. 

Just finished Chapter 2 and went fishing with Dutch & Hosea.   I'm more convinced than ever that Dutch will eventually turn on the gang.

Also, I think I'm going to be spending an inordinate amount of time fishing cyber fish and being upset when I get repeatedly eaten by... whatever's in that lake. 

You need to actually catch the Legendary Fish with the Rod and Reel.

I realized that part of my problem is I am trying to catch them while random events have spawned.

For example: I was trying to catch the one in Elysian Pool and when I arrived I noticed all the animals were appearing as mangy. I thought that was odd but also didn't mind it since it helped with my compendium.

So I start fishing and NOTHING is biting (despite there being plenty of bubbles in the water). As I start to change location, I notice a fire on the other side of the pool. Go over to it and discover it is a random event when the Murfree Brood are looting corpses at a camp. They run off when I get there and it turns out that the Gang Camp is right there too.

So because all that random event stuff was happening - it was preventing me from catching anything.

Reading online says you have to wait like 3 in-game days for everything to reset.

So, I was in Valentine, to do the race to Rhodes for the achievement and as I got of my horse, a stagecoach ran into us and knocked me off. Then, I saw the stagecoach trample my horse.

Luckily, it got up and I immediately gave it the potent horse medicene just to be safe. Ut was dirty as hell but fine. 

Finishing up St Denis stuff before doing the final mission.

found all the vampire clues but waiting until dark to find him

robbed the gunsmith poker game, but took too long so had to fight through the cops. My horse was not nearby so I had to grab a random horse and while escaping, had it shot out from under me and had to run across one of the bridges on foot to get away, then had a cop run me down, so I had to shoot him and take his horse to make it back to Shady Belle. 

Just now, odessasteps said:

found all the vampire clues but waiting until dark to find him

Yeah - I had the same thing... and then I totally spaced going back.

Guessing I am waiting till Chapter 6

Really psyched to go back to RD1 and kill some of the bastards who survive this game.

Speaking of which, anybody else seen the rumor that possible DLC for RD2 will be...

Spoiler

...the entire first game using the current engine?

That would scratch some serious itches.

• Like 1

Steamed thru chapter 5 until Lakay camp. I only found a couple of the Guerna specific animals(birds, snakes and iguanas)  but I got really tried of trying to explore and being killed by guards. I stumbled into a tiger pit and got killed for my efforts. 

Definitely ready to move to the northern part of the map. 

I tried about 3 or 4 times going in different directions but never saw any of the snakes. I got one macaw and an iguana for my troubles.

Stopped yesterday after a Fork in the Road. Even though i knew it was coming, still devastated.

It's awful. You have to vacate the area then the riverside bit north of camp will spawn a single snake. I kept getting the same one over and over. Afaik you don't need any of the stuff from ch. 5 to 100% the game. 

Yeah that's true, but man I would've liked to have at least bummed around that little village a bit, maybe see some sea turtles. 

Also weirdly enough I saw a wiki that said Guarma was the only place to see iguanas and crabs, which was totally incorrect as both can be found on some islands south of the chapter 3 camp (and probably elsewhere too).