DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

I've come back around on this game in hour whatever it is. It's unwieldy as hell, and I still sometimes do things that I entirely did not mean to. I find the long animations charming sometimes and tiresome other times (like when I want to get moving). Overall, though, I'm enjoying it. It doesn't hurt that the game is gorgeous, which makes hunting for rock carvings or dinosaur bones a pleasant experience.

Speaking of which, stumbling onto a secret in this game and having Arthur fill in the map with his sketches to mark them is quite a satisfying thing to do. 

Adventures in Hunting

So I killed the Legendary Moose and of course on the way to the trapper - get mauled by a fucking cougar. Fuck you game - I didn't abandon shit. Stupid fucking cougars

Ran into a guy camping who shared his fire. He then left and let me have free run of the place. I do not appreciate the game giving me bad karma for taking his perfect fox and perfect duck. HE LEFT THEM THERE!

I was getting a legendary fish and of course caught a muskie first. Tossed it back and then laughed my ass off as it just floated dead at my feet.

• Haha 1

I finished the game a few days ago but I haven't posted since because of how devastated I was:

Spoiler

Seriously, all the dumping random fucks off cliffs, shooting blind fortune tellers in the face and looting O'Driscoll fuckers means nothing because, in the end, it doesn't matter how much money and murder souvenirs you have saved because you end up shot dead by motherfucking fucking motherfucking fucking motherfucking Micah. I cried salt tears but, that being said, I'd have cried even more had they killed off Sadie motherfucking Adler but they didn't so I didn't cry.

I forget what my point was other than I loved the everliving shit out of this game and I am going to love it even more just travelling around murdering fucks without the whole, you know, actual game part of the game.

• Like 1

That's one of four endings to the main portion of the game. Spoilered for the hyper sensitive types:

Spoiler

The ending is based on late decisions and your morality. So congrats on getting the rare eeeeeevil ending.

Also something neat I just saw after checking out the video of that ending: the animal Arthur dreams changes depending on morality too. Evil Arthur = wolf, heroic Arthur = buck.

I gotta say I'm not loving the epilogue from a technical standpoint. Lots of glitches and some poor animations. It feels like it was tacked on without the same love and care the main chapters received.

I was trying to get the legendary fish, flowers AND egrets

I was slamming eagle eye constantly to see where the gators were.

At one point - I hitched my horse, got a flower and turned around and my horse was losing its mind because a gator spawned besides it

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Raccoons bite too if you get close enough.

Badgers as well. 

I found this out while walking around the woods to a fishing spot I like. I looked down and there’s one at my feet, so I drew my rifle to shoot it and I guess because it was a powerful shot that close, it stunned my character. I didn’t lose health but the screen went weird and I snapped out of it a few seconds later. Then I properly shot and skinned it. 

Finished up the serial killer story and found some new plants. 

I was riding back to camp and came upon some Leyomne Raiders blowing up a stagecoach. I looted their bodies but there was no $ in the coach.

i also snagged the coon skin cap from the annoying drunk in the Valentine saloon. 

On 12/9/2018 at 12:16 AM, Oyaji said:

I gotta say I'm not loving the epilogue from a technical standpoint. Lots of glitches and some poor animations. It feels like it was tacked on without the same love and care the main chapters received.

To me it played a bit like 'this is the RDR2 game we were actually making but got bored and thought it was going nowhere so tacked it on as an epilogue instead'

The only animal I end up getting attacked by is the damn dog at the fences, as I almost always run it over riding in on my horse and it ends up being a pain in the ass because I refuse to shoot the thing so I just take off and pick some herbs nearby until the damn thing cools off and I can walk around there without getting nipped at.  

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Having just done the trolley mission, I wonder just how did this gang manage to stay together this long, given every job seems to go wrong or at least not as planned? :) 

I just did that one too

And the next one where I was like "If this game would just let me shoot Dutch now a lot problems would be solved"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1