DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

35 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I'm guessing we get a new trailer and a March 2018 release date?

New trailer and a Fall 2018 release date, knowing them.

I'll buy it anyway if it is fairly bug free on release day.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

Where's the Mexican guy? Reyes I think? He was in Dutch's gang when Marston was.

Javier Escuela.  No idea.  But Dutch looks a lot younger here, too.  I'm guessing gang  membership was fluid and this is much earlier than the events of the first game.  Hell, John Marston isn't really confirmed yet.  It could very well be that overlap is minimal.

50 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Javier Escuela.  No idea.  But Dutch looks a lot younger here, too.  I'm guessing gang  membership was fluid and this is much earlier than the events of the first game.  Hell, John Marston isn't really confirmed yet.  It could very well be that overlap is minimal.

I have to refind the speculation I saw but what people are speculating (based on things said/seen in the trailers) is that it is in the 5 year period between when John Marston leaves the gang and the events of RDR

• Like 1

Arthur Morgan acts (and sounds) like Josh Brolin. There's been comparisons between this trailer and Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

I'm strangely excited for this game, despite never having played through the story of RDR (but did lots of multiplayer trophies). I guess one of my Platinums before hit Platinum 100 needs to be this.

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Rockstar is claiming that RDR2 will be out Oct 26, 2018

It will come out on Black Friday and become the default Christmas gift for all gamers.

Unlike EA and Bungie, I have nothing but love for Rockstar so I will own this game as soon as it hits store shelves.

I have to look at the upcoming releases between now and the end of October (or beyond)

But I am thinking I have a lot of time to work on my pile of shame if I get motivated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I'm not an Xbox guy but doesn't the One have backwards compatibility? PS4 does not so if you wanna enjoy the PS3 library in general, go with that system used. 

Yes - though not all games are available yet

Ironically the original RDR is one of those games so you can have a One and play RDR on it (either via the store or finding a used copy)

• 2 months later...