DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

John Marsten in the new trailer definitely sounds like Rob Weithoff, so I guess he came out of retirement for this.  Which is awesome.  The guy has a cool story.  Midwest dude who went to LA for a while, did a handful of small acting gigs, then took job with "untitled video game project."  Then he figured that was enough Hollywood and went back to being a regular family guy in Indiana.  There's a good short doc about him here:

17 hours ago, melraz09 said:

Oh and there is alla akbaring or at least was in the 1rst. Me and Burke use to do it quite regularly. Just light your dynamite and run. Hopefully we can figure out a way to stick it up the steeds ass on this one. 

That shit was hilarious. If y'all remember the gang hideout where you went into the mine, when you came back out, a bunch of guys would rush out of the building to the right. If you timed it right and hauled ass, you could bust through the door with lit dynamite and wipe them all out.

Now I just want to see all the ways Robert can dream up to blow shit up.

16 hours ago, tbarrie said:

...is that a bad thing?

I was an English major. Need I say more? Math is the devil, Bobby.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

I was an English major. Need I say more? Math is the devil, Bobby.

Gah. University English. Bad enough I had to take one course a year where my grade essentially came from a random number generator, I can't imagine majoring in it.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't be so sure about control issues. That Kotaku review is the only one I've seen that mentions anything about that and in what felt like an epic length review, the writer dedicated all of one line to the controls. Everyone else seems to think it controls really well.

28 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Reading the Kotaku review of it, and apparently the controls are really bad which is very surprising.  I think I might give this a skip for a bit and play Assassin's Creed: Odyssey instead.

I feel like the controls in every Rockstar game have been kinda bad and we just put up with it for the other stuff.

I'm looking forward to murking bears and taking back bear meat to my camp.

Basically, I'm going to play this game as much like I'd play a game of Oregon Trail as possible. 

• Like 2

This is installing so much more quickly than I anticipated. Blops4 took for-friggin’-ever. 

Don’t know that I’ll start tonight, but it’ll be ready. Took the day off and everything. Been a long time since I did that for a video game!

This game's aesthetics puts everything else to shame. Just gorgeous wilderness and lighting.

The controls for shooting and cover are great too, at least in my opinion. If that was a serious concern I wouldn't be too worried. I need sleep and I'm going to be grumpy having to live life instead of just playing this game because hot damn is it great in the very early moments.