DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Guest The Magnificent 7

I am trying to walk the straight and narrow for the most part but this game clearly doesn’t want you to. I was just riding hard and came around a bend and collided with a dude who was riding alongside another guy. They start shooting at me so I return fire in defense and long story short now I’m wanted dead or alive. 

I did rob that back room business and got my favorite revolver out of it (Schofield). 

Still confusing on what I am supposed to be doing for the camp. All the icons stay fully red no matter what I donate. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

I was just donating to the box but just figured out the ledger and upgraded some camp stuff.  

So is therw a way to eemove wanted dead or alive?

Also, I just unlocked dual wield and want a second Schofield. How do I unlock that at the gunsmith shop?

Micah got me a hufe bounty after I busted him out. Jackass. 

At the point you are in the game, paying off your bounty should get rid of your wanted level. Unless you are trying to go to the Blackwater portion of the map. That automatically gives you the DOA level and has bounty hunters chase you fairly quickly. That does not go away until the epilogue. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

Dang son, this game has me beating up special needs dudes who just want a glass of sherry.  So much for a paragon run. 

• 1 month later...

I finally picked this back up, and I thought I was near the end of Chapter 2 and that still took me a few hours to knock out. I've goofed around a little in chapter 3 and had my first mission in the swamp with the moonshiners. This game will definitely not let you mainline it even when you are just trying to advance a little.

• 2 months later...

So I finally got around to Story mode and I'm loving the game.  But I think I'm wasting time going for the Paragon run and should just start playing like an Outlaw, because the game sure as hell wants me to kill more people than I just let walk away.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You can kill lots and lots of people and still get the good ending

A bunch of the story missions give you a choice and you get a huge boost if you go paragon

I was thinking of the missions with Mrs Downes,which I thought you needed a certain honor level to generate. 

Just now, odessasteps said:

I was thinking of the missions with Mrs Downes,which I thought you needed a certain honor level to generate. 

No I know that - I am saying in general

You can do a lot of murdering while just riding around and stuff and not really fuck up your honor rating

51 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The worse I ever had was when I was playing Carmagedden in the late 90s, I would see pedestrians and want to run them down. 

WROOOOOONG CHECKPOINT!

22 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

In a similar vein to Mark, I knew I'd been playing GTA V too much when I saw an all-chrome Ferrari driving in SoHo, and my first thought was, "Now where the hell are my sticky bombs?"

I'd say that's just your sense of good taste kicking in.

The one that gets me is armored cars.  There's a grocery store near my house where their armored car schedule seems to line up with when I get out of work.  If I just had a sticky bomb...

• Haha 1

I haven't read the early parts of the thread,

I'm in Chapter 3 (Rhodes) and done a bunch of stuff and my only Story mission available is Micah, and every time I've done a mission with him I lose a town for a while.  Should I be investing in a solid pool of ammo?