DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Finally picked this back up after a couple months off, spent like 2 hours fishing with Dutch and Hosea and had to get on to other things.

I'm never going to finish this game, but I sure do love playing it.  

Honestly - I am kinda glad I stopped playing

There was this weird pull of like "If I am still playing, I have to do 100%" which I knew I was never going to accomplish

So folks, I'm in St Denis on my second play through and am stopping at this point to just explore and get into adventures and what not so Arthur never gets ill.

What are some of your favourite/must play side missions? I'm thinking the serial killer, the vampire, all those types of things.

17 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Caught the legendary fish near thieves landing. So easy and quick i didnt realize it was legendary until the update came up. 

Up to level 7 in a couple of the challenges

I finally gave in and started attempting the challenges. I don't know if I have the patience to do them all, but it's kind of fun.

Although galloping endlessly up and down the road near the trapper on the west side of the map and setting up camp to sleep in an effort to get cougars to spawn sucks ass.

• Like 1

If you decide to try the area I mentioned, I highly recommend sleeping as much as possible in between cougar kills. Or, just bag one and then go do something fun instead of frustrating yourself like I did by being stubborn and finishing the whole challenge before moving on.

My next one is to kill something with herbivore bait and predator bait. I'm dreading it because I hate bait.

• Like 1

Do then predator one first, and after that it's pretty easy to find a deer or something, since you can't kill anything else between the two or save between either (which I didn't realize the first time). Just know you have to actually have an animal around, putting down bait won't spawn anything. I got the first part with a fox I saw in the woods with Eagle Eye, then just went down along the river for a deer.

Thanks for the heads up. Saw your post and then followed the advice. Bagged a wild boar first (which I'd recommend to anyone else since they're damn near as prevalent as deer.) Then I walked around until I caught a buck. Pretty easy actually.

Then for the "shoot 9 predators from horseback," I headed straight to Lagras. Goodbye, gators everywhere.

• Like 1

Oh seriously, walking around on horseback and picking off alligators makes that challenge incredibly easy. As for the shotgun ammunition one, I got that one by clearing out Shady Belle, the explosive and incendiary shells are a blast, pun fully intended.

I've finished the Explorer, Survivalist, and Hunter challenges and have only 2-3 left of everything besides Bandit and Gambler. Honestly though I'm not sure I'll ever completely get them all done because some of those Gambler ones seem like they require playing over and over and I'm not sure I have the patience for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

So it seems we're past worrying about spoilers in this thread by now, but even if, I'll word this simply - if you got any of the scattered gold bars before the epilogues, apparently they respawn after the endgame. Just stopped into Limpany again to test it. Didn't see anything at Braithwate Manor, though, but I think that's more due to the location being story-oriented. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...