DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Funny enough, they did sue Weezer for Pinkerton and lost.  

(I would have made the joke that they should have sued because it was a bad album, but it's really one of the top 10 albums of the 90's.)  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, both threads fell off, huh? I think this is a game that one can easily get super burnt-out on. There's just SO much to do and so many hours to sink into it. I'm at about 90% complete but it's definitely not all that exciting anymore. I don't think it necessarily takes away from the overall experience and spectacular story, but maybe we're getting to a point where worlds are getting too big and side activities are getting too plentiful. Yakuza Zero feels the same to me - so fucking good but still, can only have so much.

I mean, I make the best damn buffalo wings at home but my the 11th or 12th one I'm starting to think I don't need to do this again for a while. 

• Like 1

Due to my schedule change, I have not had time/energy to play this week. I was thinking of playing for a little while tonight while I do laundry, if only to get some dream catchers or visit some of the graves (i think I'm at 3 or 4). 

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I didn’t realize until tonight that there were camp requests in the epilogue. I just watched one involving Uncle. 

What’s funny is the same thing happened with me. (Not that I did any of them)

I am assuming it was partly done to give folks more chances to get that achievement 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

What’s funny is the same thing happened with me. (Not that I did any of them)

I am assuming it was partly done to give folks more chances to get that achievement 

If they did that, I wish there was at least one boat usable to fish from to get that challenge. 

Per the internet

294941921.jpg

Backside of the abandoned riverboat right on the W of Bluewater Marsh on your map (The outline of the boat is on your map too)

It supposedly is always there and not a randomly spawning object

EDIT - one caveat - it might only be there evening/night

I could swear I have looked there. There was some place I looked where there was a boat but it was on ropes above the water and I tried shooting the ropes but that didn’t work. 

So far, as I mentioned at the time, the only rowboat I have found was in Annesburg but I was judged to have stolen it and had the law descend on me for it. 

I was last in St Denis so I will try that later. 

— 

i spent maybe an hour looking for egrets without any luck, but did get a perfect alligator skin to make the alligator saddle (which has really good stats, btw).

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

i spent maybe an hour looking for egrets without any luck, but did get a perfect alligator skin to make the alligator saddle (which has really good stats, btw).

Oh yeah - I made that saddle super early on (quite by accident too.) I wasn't specifically hunting alligator's. I think I killed one to protect myself and it just happened to be perfect.

Only special saddle I have in the game because all the other ones are worse than that one

I only recently have bothered actually looking at the quality before hunting stuff. 

Another learning tool for the next play through.

—- 

just looked for the boat at early even8ng.  Not there although there is some rowing nearby. I will try coming back later in the middle of the night.

Can confirm that occasionally you can find and use that boat in that area, I did just that for the fishing challenge 

Also speaking of gators, there's a sharpshooter challenge where you gotta shoot and kill X number of predators from horseback. This is crazy easy when riding around the swamps, popping gators via rifle.

I thought about killing the guy rowing by in the boat, but I figured John woulddrown trying to swim out to it.

i went back to Blackwater after being in Saint Denis, but will prob try again later.

i am also annoyed that I need a gold earring and I went to the cabin where you are supposed to find it but I did not get one. 

So, I finally did the boat thing. I showed up again, no boat, and I did kill the guy rowing by when he got very close. And all I got was a tiny 11 ounce fish I threw back,but it is done.

also, at this late stage, did my first Night Folk stranger mission (with the Cajun farmer). Night Folk do not cope well vs fire arrows. 

—-

later, did the Uncle item request. Had to do the skunk twice as the first time I skinned it instead of stowing it. 

So this is most likely obvious to everyone in the thread, but I'll post it in case anyone is as brick thick as my dumbass.

I wanted to finish my second run with low honor to see a different ending and was having a ton of trouble getting and keeping it low.

All shooting up towns did for me is barely put a dent in my honor while racking up insane bounties. At one point, I had $2k in bounties - most of it in Saint Denis alone.

Anyway, on to the "no shit, Sherlock" part of the post. I just killed NPCs on back roads going from mission to mission. If you kill them, kill their horse, and then loot them, it seemed to give me three separate hits to my honor. I went from just at the edge of white to full red in a couple hours of playing.

• Like 1

Just finished my second playthrough. I skipped the credits the first time, but decided to sit through them this time after y'all talked about it showing what happens to some of the characters.

Holy shit - how long can credits be? I feel like I've been sitting here for 20 minutes and they're still going.

Sam Jackson better show up at the end and tell me he's assembling a team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RUkered said:

Just finished my second playthrough. I skipped the credits the first time, but decided to sit through them this time after y'all talked about it showing what happens to some of the characters.

Holy shit - how long can credits be? I feel like I've been sitting here for 20 minutes and they're still going.

Sam Jackson better show up at the end and tell me he's assembling a team.

If this is anyone but Steve Allen, you’re stealing my bit. ;)

• Haha 3