DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

I'm roughly where Phil is in terms of the story.  I've done the strangers mission with the lady in the far northeast corner of the map and snagged a perfect wolf pelt out of it, so bully for me.  

And the Rains Fall mission.  Ugh, I just walked to the camp and before I could do anything, I'd been detected.  Well, that sucks for those 4 soldiers.   

And the debtors...  god damn, each one is more depressing than the last.  I've maxed out my honor, but on replay, I'd like to see what happens if you're going total outlaw.  

I've gotten extremely lucky with wild animal & wild Murfree attacks.  I'm riding with my gun out the whole time, so, basically whenever they attack, they die before they can get any kind of significant damage on me.    

I'm about to do the (North) Veteran's 3rd mission (the hunting one), he's been super cool so far, so I'm fully expecting to hear he's a complete psycho who I have to kill also.    

BECAUSE I CAN'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE. 

• Like 1

Did remember that I wanted to finish the Serial Killer mission up so I did that

Don't think the game will let me finish the Vampire now since I am too far along. I can't get his location to spawn so I am assuming it's because St. Denis hates me right now

How many locations did you get? 

—-

doing a bounty mission and I was riding back to Blackwater and ambushed by his gang so I started tagging them and then killed someone riding by and got a wanted level which ended the mission. Had to restart from the checkpoint. 

Turned in my horse cards and got the handcuffs which I need for some talisman/trinket.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

How many locations did you get?

I got all of them - the location won’t spawn on my map

Looking online says he won’t appear if it doesn’t shown on your map

Some folks are saying that is a bug so who knows

7 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Huh, I've never seen any of the vampire stuff and I've finished the story... I hope I can still do it but i have a lot of old saves. 

Spoiler

You have to find the graphitti around Saint Denis and then connect the dots and then find the vampire. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RUkered said:

I'm finding the main issue is that it's impossible for me to get perfect pelts without the bolt action and it apparently doesn't unlock until chapter three. So here I am blasting through the story to get to that point so I can slow back down.

I know I can create poison arrows to help get perfect pelts, but I HATE picking flowers and shit.

Also, I'm not far enough along to set manual deadeye markers, so every time I go for a headshot on a deer, I paint it like four times before I hit the trigger and ruin the pelt.

Get the trinket from killing the legendary buck ASAP. Perfect pelts 100% of the time, no matter how you kill it. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Get the trinket from killing the legendary buck ASAP. Perfect pelts 100% of the time, no matter how you kill it. 

Holy shit - this is gold. Thanks Petrol.

I swear this game is like watching Arrested Development. I could play it 48 times and learn something new each time.

• Like 1

Just to clarify on the whole perfect pelts/trinket thing

You still need to do what you normally would do in trying to get a perfect pelt - it doesn't convert like an animal starting with a 1 star into a 3 star.

Plus - you still need to try and use the right weapon and get a clean shot

For example - I came across a 3 star Deer, went to kill it and forgot I didn't have my bow equipped. Heck I didn't have anything equipped. So I accidentally popped it with my pistol. Instantly dropped to 1 star AND I had to listen to its cries as it bleed out.

I am a monster

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am a monster

Finally we agree on something.  

Oh, and FUCK John Marston and his stupid hand train cart.   Took me 6 tries before I decided to read the instructions (2 more deaths) and then I finally got it.  

3 missions in and the (Northern) Veteran is still cool.  #4 is still coming.    I hate that I have to keep saying "don't be a psycho, don't be a psycho..." whenever I meet someone new. 

23 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

3 missions in and the (Northern) Veteran is still cool.  #4 is still coming.    I hate that I have to keep saying "don't be a psycho, don't be a psycho..." whenever I meet someone new. 

To be fair - I feel that way in every single Rockstar game...

.... and real life

• Like 2

It’s funny how playing in free roam has freed me up, honorwise. I think I’m basically at 0 in the middle, since I have been having to kill the random folks I encounter at campfires who always shoot first.  

I ran across a drunk camper bemoaning howthe soldiers treated the natives at Riggs station, but he expired before giving me what I thought was going to a secret location of stuff. 

I legit haven't been this emotional over something in a video game since at least Mass Effect 3

I am probably gonna have to start an post game thread just so I can process shit

But first I gotta get through the rest of this stuff