DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well thanks to Dutch and fucking Micah - I guess I have no choice but to focus on main story considering I am wanted Dead or Alive on like 1/3 of the fucking map

It doesn’t seem like the DOA has led to a huge manhunt while I have been riding around.even arriving by train in Annesburg hasn’t led to fleeing or anything. 

Being in chapter 6 I'm definitely taking my time, haven't been doing gang stuff but been doing Rains Fall and Capt Monroe missions. Think I'm going to finish up on the challenges and collecting various pelts for the trapper outfits as well as finishing up satchel and camp upgrades - the camp stuff being ultimately unnecessary but since all I need are moose antlers and a ram carcass, why not?

Once some of those chores are done I am going to finish the story and then leave the cigarette cards, point of interest, legendary fish, and other collectibles for post-epilogue. 

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I have done like one camp upgrade (the ones that require pelts that is)

God if I start going down that rabbit hole - I will never finish

Oh it is completely unnecessary, especially if you're that far into the game because all it does is help boost morale and your campmates will bring in more money. I started doing it pretty early into the game so I figured I'd at least finish it to have made it worth my effort.

Finished the epilogue and the credits.

85.9 % complete.

exactly half of the cigarette cards.

now, the hard work can start. 

—- 

is this a known glitch? I was never able to finish the mr white/mr black mission because they never respawned after I found the wanted posters. But, I went to Rhodes to pay off a bounty and the ? Was there again, so I had to redo part 1 and this time,  they spawned for part 2. 

• Like 1

I think I spend at least  2 hours roaming around the Proghorn part of the map looking for orchids, secret things and killing elk, sheep and a black bear. And found “the Devil.” 

Also horse prices ....

Spoiler

$1250 for the Arabian?  Abigail would kill me.

38 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Which one?

The one where i had to do fucking stealth

I was able to quasi do it on my like 6th time as I was able to get in undetected but getting out not so much. I just ran to my horse and fled and he was fine with it.

The one for Captain Monroe was much easier except for me leaping into a tree when I was trying to leap into a wagon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The one where i had to do fucking stealth

I was able to quasi do it on my like 6th time as I was able to get in undetected but getting out not so much. I just ran to my horse and fled and he was fine with it.

The one for Captain Monroe was much easier except for me leaping into a tree when I was trying to leap into a wagon

As long as you didnt kill anyone, so you got the reward. 

I got deected, but just ran around, grabbed the pipe and ran out as fast as I could. 

I’m up to 80 cards, yet still only have 2 prominent Americans.

maybe just a coincidence, but I seem to be getting a lot more duplicates in the cigarette packs after finishing the game proper. 

Got my first legendary kill. Luckily, it was the Bison and not something dangerous like the Bear or Cougar. 

From what I can gather - I have 7 missions left in Chapter 6

My problem is no matter how hard I try to just plow through the missions I keep getting distracted just on the way from Point A to Point B

Like I finished up a couple of things at the reservation and just taking the path back I found like 2 dinosaur bones, 3 dreamcatchers, a rock formation, legendary animal and some random other shit (like I think I now have 4 different unique hatchets and I haven't used the hatchet or tomahawk once)

And since I needed to find a trapper - I am at the one in between Valentine and Strawberry which is on the other side of the map from all my mission markers

I am debated heading to Grizzlies West to just say fuck it and find the random legendary stuff up in the cold that I haven't tried for yet

I still haven’t found a dream catcher yet. 

But I rode all the way down to Tumbleweed to flesh out the map. Luckily, there is a stage coach there to take me back the normal part of the map ($17 to go to Saint Denis, since I had to visit the trapper & the fence.

and i annoyingly still can’t get a perfect rabbit carcass, even shooting w small game arrows. 

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I still haven’t found a dream catcher yet. 

But I rode all the way down to Tumbleweed to flesh out the map. Luckily, there is a stage coach there to take me back the normal part of the map ($17 to go to Saint Denis, since I had to visit the trapper & the fence.

and i annoyingly still can’t get a perfect rabbit carcass, even shooting w small game arrows. 

Look in the trees for the dream catchers while using Eagle Eye. Unless you’ve got vibration off, then you’re out of luck. If you don’t care about chance, there are maps for them all. I didn’t use them, then again, I only stumbled upon like, 9. I didn’t really care about getting them all, since online kicked in around the time of #9 and I’m not a completionist.  

Why are you going to St. Denis from Tumbleweed for the trapper? There’s one in south Tall Trees. You’re killing your profit using QT .

jwYFCt4.jpg

Perfect bunnies can be snagged with the Varmint, at least that’s how I do it in online. Story, I did the same thing, before and after getting the trinket to have perfect pelts every time. I never used arrows. Still don’t online.

To backpack on your far quick-travel, which isn’t as big of a deal in story since you’re eventually loaded, by RD standards; the map isn’t as big you think it is. 

It may seem that way, but it’s a tad smaller than GTA. I dunno if you played that or not, but (I can’t find it now, but if I run into it I’ll post it) the RD map fits into GTA’s with plenty room. Save money and don’t quick travel. Just ride on your horse. Enjoy the scenery. 

Besides, (this works for story and online, though story is safer) there is the auto-pilot option. Select a way point, build up speed on ol’ Dolly Dagger (my horse, just using an example), hold X while pressing into cinematic mode with the camera button. Let go and you’re free to sit back. 

I went to St Denis since I needed both the trapper and the fence and it was the first place I thought if that had both (and right next to each other in the market). 

I've not been actively looking for dream catchers, but figured I would have run into one by happenstance. Same as how I avoided the Night Folk so far (mainly by usually not playing through the night). 

Just about ready to finish my first set of cards (horses). Only 2 left. 

So I'm rolling through my second playthrough and trying to take my time since I was such a story whore the first time and wanted to see how it ended. It's harder than I thought.

I didn't mess with upgrading satchels the first time because I hated hunting so much, but since that's about the only way to make money in online, I have warmed up to it. I'm finding the main issue is that it's impossible for me to get perfect pelts without the bolt action and it apparently doesn't unlock until chapter three. So here I am blasting through the story to get to that point so I can slow back down.

I know I can create poison arrows to help get perfect pelts, but I HATE picking flowers and shit.

Also, I'm not far enough along to set manual deadeye markers, so every time I go for a headshot on a deer, I paint it like four times before I hit the trigger and ruin the pelt.

On the plus side, I have changed my mind and have decided that playing as an asshole is way more fun. I can hang around and loot the entire world and kill every cop that shows up. Only problem is that I now understand what some of you talked about with having the whole damn map red.

I got minimal bounties and kept them paid the first time. Now, I probably have a grand in bounties and can barely go anywhere without a posse trying to stick a foot up my ass.

• Like 1