DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

I tried doing that when I was off on Friday and either I am the slowest player ever or Chapter 2 lasts forever because I played for a good 6 hours straight (and I had put a couple hours into chapter 2 before that already) and didn't even make it past there.  

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Which chapter are you in?

Chapter 4 - midway through a I think... maybe further

I have cleared out all the white stranger missions so (at least for the moment) I only have yellow mission markers.

The next yellow mission I am doing is I am going to meet with Eagle Flies - so that should give you a sense of roughly were I am

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Chapter 4 - midway through a I think... maybe further

I have cleared out all the white stranger missions so (at least for the moment) I only have yellow mission markers.

The next yellow mission I am doing is I am going to meet with Eagle Flies - so that should give you a sense of roughly were I am

You aren’t finishing anytime soon. Chapter 6 is a long one. It took me 3 or 4 more days to get to the end credits at that point, but that might have been because work got in the way.  

I had to stop before work right before the last step with the Professor.  

It's my long week at work so I cant see finishing this week. I need to start doing some of the extra stuff, like orchids and dinosaur bones and the like. 

I decided to just blast through as I was getting paranoid about spoilers, with a view to going back and starting again to take my time later on. Currently on part two of the epilogue and yes, it's dragging a bit. The game proper didn't end how I thought it was going to:

Spoiler

I thought Arthur and Sadie were going to run away together to start a family as I'd seen some of the mission titles for the epilogue. Then assumed you'd be doing farming stuff until Micah or Dutch came for them and it would end in much the same way as the original. Alas, poor Arthur died on a cliff after telling Dutch he'd given him everything ? 

4 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I decided to just blast through as I was getting paranoid about spoilers, with a view to going back and starting again to take my time later on. Currently on part two of the epilogue and yes, it's dragging a bit. The game proper didn't end how I thought it was going to:

Reveal hidden contents

I thought Arthur and Sadie were going to run away together to start a family as I'd seen some of the mission titles for the epilogue. Then assumed you'd be doing farming stuff until Micah or Dutch came for them and it would end in much the same way as the original. Alas, poor Arthur died on a cliff after telling Dutch he'd given him everything ? 

Spoiler

I will never forgive Rockstar for not letting Arthur pursue a relationship with Sadie.  There is no way in the world that those two wouldn't have got together.  I'll also never forgive them for not letting Arthur shoot Micah in the face.  Other than that, I don't have any complaints.

• Like 1

Because Rockstar are Rockstar, and this was a western, there were parts of RDR2 that totally reminded me of Adventures of Brisco County Jr (I came across a time traveller during a geology side mission for example).

As such, I'm annoyed Aaron Viva, Sheriff of Hard Rock, didn't make an appearance. 

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Because Rockstar are Rockstar, and this was a western, there were parts of RDR2 that totally reminded me of Adventures of Brisco County Jr (I came across a time traveller during a geology side mission for example).

As such, I'm annoyed Aaron Viva, Sheriff of Hard Rock, didn't make an appearance. 

I've played this game for over 70 hours at this point and people are constantly posting random encounters that I've yet to come across.  I had no idea what the Gavin thing was about until about 2 days ago.  I was about a week behind on Klan encounters.  This game is so huge that I've felt like I've had more random encounters than I could ever ask for, and I keep hearing about things that I haven't encountered yet.  Speaking of things I've never encountered...every cougar I've seen in this entire game were part of a mission or random encounter.  I've only been attacked by one bear that wasn't part of a mission or random encounter.  Wolves are a problem in certain areas, and I've come across multiple Florida Panthers, but I haven't had many attacks by animals.

I've had one random full on Cougar encounter that I barely survived. My war horse, Thunderstorm, left me to it too ¬_¬

I think the most random (and scariest) thing that has happened to me was camping out one night and a couple of hillbilly's wandering into my camp to tell me to leave. Oh, and stumbling across another gang robbing a train was a head fuck haha

9 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I think the most random (and scariest) thing that has happened to me was camping out one night and a couple of hillbilly's wandering into my camp to tell me to leave.

I JUST had that happen to me. So there are more names on my list right now.

The thing that nearly made me crap myself was running into a grizzly bear where I didn't expect it.

Spoiler

when I opened the door to a cabin

My horse tried to warn me but I didn't listen

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I've had one random full on Cougar encounter that I barely survived. My war horse, Thunderstorm, left me to it too ¬_¬

I think the most random (and scariest) thing that has happened to me was camping out one night and a couple of hillbilly's wandering into my camp to tell me to leave. Oh, and stumbling across another gang robbing a train was a head fuck haha

Oh yeah the Murfree Brood. They were my favorite gang in the game. They have a few more surprise entrances in the game if you aren’t playing the main story.

I can't remember where it was but I randomly came across a cougar drinking from a river, and aside from a random encounter that's the only time I've ever seen one. 

Black bears seem to be kind of everywhere, but yeah it's seemingly far from the first game where you could find one spot and spawn an infinite amount of bears to kill and skin (and using the horse skinning glitch you could make a ton of money fast).

23 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Yeah, my horse threw me one time when I was being attacked by wolves, but he stopped close enough that I could run to get to it.  So, I decided to run to the horse, and he runs about 12 steps forward before I can jump on.  So, I figure, I can outrun these wolves the last couple yards...then he moved up just a few steps again and the wolves caught me and feasted upon my flesh.  It was like that thing when your friend gets out on the side of the road to pee and is shielding his shame with the car door, so you pull up so he has to shuffle...except it was a horse, and I wasn't peeing I was being killed by wolves.

• Haha 4

Guthrie Farm

I just was passing by and decided to check it out - the residents are hostile and the only reason I didn't kill everyone was because they had two awesome dogs that I didn't want to make orphans so as I was leaving I stumbled into one of the paddocks on the way out and there is a dude face down with his pants around his ankle next to a cow. I think he was dead - it could be he was sleeping. The game didn't let me interact.