DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Went up to the snowy area to get me a white Arabian horse, took my time getting there as well. The landscapes and shit to look at is so engrossing. Too many times I'd stop my previous horse and whip out the ol' bye-noculars.

Also I've killed both the legendary bear and fox and haven't been either to sell either pelt. Motherfucker.

I did all the missions for Margaret which amused me.

That being said - I had to do the first one without a horse which was fucking annoying.

Apparently - I still haven't learned that if I am gonna take the train, don't hitch my horse

• Like 1

@christopher.annino

A colleague told me that he was attacked and died after he skinned the legendary bear but the pelt showed up in the inventory of the trappers' and fence's list of goods he's traded in. Might want to check if that's how it worked out for you. 

@RIPPA

The last Margaret mission made me feel dirty. It was fine dark humour but I want a cheat code to ride that thing around like it's a surrealist's dream or... 

Spoiler

He-man. 

If your horse is following you and you buy a train ticket, will it be with you at your destination? I've been stabling horses when buying tickets. I know they follow when you jump on to a moving train from horseback but not so sure about the more legal way. 

• Like 2

All I know is that i hitched my horse, rode the train and it didn't follow so I am assuming they will if unhitched.

Partly because there have a been a couple of missions that make a point to say something like "You unhitched the horses right?"

• Like 1

'Dutch has asked the gang not to use weapons or cause trouble in Rhodes.'

Man, fuck you Dutch. Arthur Morgan will never be employee of the month.

I also nearly evacuated my own bowels hunting that white cougar in the cave, shit was terrifying. Took me a couple of maulings before I figured on using that eagle vision shit to slow everything down and see in the damn dark so I could take that fucker down. Herr Strauss can collect his own fucking debts after that one.

• Like 1

@Oyaji yeah thank fuck for that, but I'm still sore about losing the cash for em. The fox, especially, I injured him with an arrow and then had to deal with bounty hunters before finishing the job. After dispatching those dudes the fox was long gone and apparently found a quiet place to die alone. 

Riding through swamp. See guy being hanged. Shoot him down. Beset by a gang. Kill 4 or 5 of them. Law called. Start shooting. Ride all way through St Denis to Rhodes. Now have $165 bounty. Spent my last $7 for train back to Valentine and a return to camp, so I can earn some money locally to pay off the bounty. Might be time to look for gold bars.. 

• Like 1

The ride after I got back from 

Spoiler

Guarma

might has well have been called Out Where The Buses Don't Go on horseback.  If they can do that in Red Dead, they better damn well set the next GTA game in Vice City and do the same there.

Things around camp have definitely changed

Spoiler

RIP Lenny, Hosea and Molly.  And good riddance to Strauss.  I wonder if it's even possible to keep that fucker around, not that I would've.  I was already all fuck Strauss, then they gave me the little boy about the same age as my son heartbroken because he wants his daddy back.  

I had theories proved and disproved and it's getting pretty clear why things are gonna go the way they're gonna go.

Spoiler

I had figured Sean or Hosea for the rat all along.  Pretty clear that wasn't it now, since they're both dead, and Molly did St. Denis.  Guess that leaves either Micah or Dutch himself for Blackwater.

I'm sure lots of people saw Morgan having tuberculosis a mile away.  I've been waiting for him to start coughing since the chapter 2.  Guessing he has some sort of heroic sacrifice at the end, and that I have to look at more hazy pictures of deer.

Dutch is clearly going batshit now, and everybody with a brain in the game sees it.  Figure that'll explain why nobody from the old gang is with him in RDR.

They're being pretty blatant with the tension between Marston and Dutch, especially now that the former is out of prison.  Guessing things ratchet up before Marston, Abigail and Jack escape.  Maybe we'll get an explanation on where he was that missing year as well, unless RDR already did that and I just missed it.

Looking forward to watching one of the girls gut the old lady that runs the camp.

Figure Charles eventually takes off and dies trying to help out his new buddies and still guessing Sadie fulfills her death wish.  They're about the only two major folks left in the gang that we don't know where they're gonna end up.

I did not expect my karma meter, or whatever its called, to hit full good in this game.  Particularly since I now just gun down every stranger I run into in the woods that needs help before they can tell me what they need.

Its also hard to get fully good when you get jumped by dudes in Saint Denis and get a fucking bounty defending yourself.

The extra $5 I got for trucking the lawmen when fleeing town was on me though

There a few strangers that keep repeating and I haven't figured out what I am supposed to do (outside of straight killing folks)

The Dad watching his kids try to build the house and the lady wanting the right to vote are the two that I definitely keep getting

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Its also hard to get fully good when you get jumped by dudes in Saint Denis and get a fucking bounty defending yourself.

The extra $5 I got for trucking the lawmen when fleeing town was on me though

A few days ago I paid off all my bounties because I couldn't even get into St. Denis, despite not having a dead or alive wanted level.  By the time I got back there, I had a brand new $150 bounty.

• Like 1

I was getting frustrated by not being able to figure out any of the vague clues in my treasure maps so I looked up how to start the treasure of the dead stuff and was disappointed to find the treasure was $3000 in gold bars. The game's economy is officially fucked for me now. ?

I deserve this. 

Has anybody hit the 80 feet tomahawk throw yet? I'm only besting out at like 65 feet. I also didn't know if you've got the lasso equipped and you do that sweet running tackle you can hogtie fools. Helped me with the 3 throwing knife kills in 10 seconds challenge though it felt gross doing it execution style. 

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Has anybody hit the 80 feet tomahawk throw yet? I'm only besting out at like 65 feet. I also didn't know if you've got the lasso equipped and you do that sweet running tackle you can hogtie fools. Helped me with the 3 throwing knife kills in 10 seconds challenge though it felt gross doing it execution style. 

I got killed by the klan, because I went across the street to try to kill one of them with a long distance tomahawk throw while they were distracted.  

5 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I got killed by the klan, because I went across the street to try to kill one of them with a long distance tomahawk throw while they were distracted.  

My beautiful second horse with maxed out loyalty that I used for the first 50 or 60 hours I've put into this was killed and didn't get revived because I tried doing both the tomahawk and throwing knife challenges when getting jumped by the bridge outside of St. Denis and died. I was so furious but I hadn't saved for hours and felt guilty not rolling back to an earlier save game. RIP Duchess. Heaven needed a Wyld Mare. Haven't found any elite horses yet in the wild, so I bought a thoroughbred. I may go searching for a new horse because the race horses and their lack of stamina is getting tiresome. 

Rippa, I've seen the boys building a house only once or twice maybe... I just talked to the father and the boys until I exhausted all options. I'm amazed I've been playing this game for so long and still encountering new strangers on the regular. And there are a lot of follow ups. The one for the man you save by rushing him to the St. Denis doctor is great. 

48 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There a few strangers that keep repeating and I haven't figured out what I am supposed to do (outside of straight killing folks)

The Dad watching his kids try to build the house and the lady wanting the right to vote are the two that I definitely keep getting

My understanding with the house one is that you have to visit it several times over the course of the game to see the story unfold. 

I apparently messed up one of those multistage things, when I met the father and son in a house arguing. I killed the dad before looting the house, presumably deleting the later parts of that story. 

Killed my first quest giver

Spoiler

Jeremiah Compson had to go.  I was gonna hog tie him and leave him for the wolves, but I accidentally dragged him into his campfire when I tried.  Didn't feel to bad about that

Also, speaking of minor quest givers

Spoiler

Edith Downes

is basically Tecumseh Valley come to life now.

Apparently my Arthur is anorexic. Every time I check, he's underweight, so I ate all 10 assorted biscuits I had and then ate a stew bowl at camp. Did the mission where

Spoiler

The O'Driscolls attack the camp and Sadie shows her badassery finally

And checked my weight again. Still underweight. Apparently I need to trade in the treadmill for gun fights to get in shape.

• Like 1