DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Two things...

1) I discovered that the drug store had some shady dealings going on in their back room and tried to rob it. Boy, that was dumb. I wouldn't have tried to rob it if I knew I was going to get every law man in the area trying to kill me.

2) I wonder if the bath stuff or being approached by prostitutes has to do with where you're at on the good/evil scale. I'm firmly on the good side, and whenever I'm offered, uh, services by a prostitute my options are Decline or Reject. I wonder if you're on the more evil side you have other options open up.

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Heard good tip today:

If you are looting inside someplace dark, like a house or cave, use Eagle Eye to highlight cabinets or lockers with stuff in them. 

Or you could have just read that tip several pages ago....

• Haha 1

Do not remind me that you are "working from home" today while I am at the office first thing this morning dealing with misbehaving blade servers after having worked swing shift last night.

• Sad 1

If it makes you feel any better - today is a legit vacation day.

Found two item request items in one shack. Doubt that will happen again.

Also doubt I will ever find that fucking shack again

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If it makes you feel any better - today is a legit vacation day.

Found two item request items in one shack. Doubt that will happen again.

Also doubt I will ever find that fucking shack again

I need to find a pipe for Dutch. 

I am kinda hoping that no one in the camp needed any of the trinkets from the train robbery that I threw into the camp stash.

10 hours ago, Casey said:

I love this game so far, but ohhhh boy does traveling by horse across this gigantic map get really tiresome.

I'm with you on that one. I always tell myself that I'll ride so I can see random events, but I inevitably give up, trigger cinematic view, and go to the bathroom or something.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robert C said:

Some fool sent me on a mission with Bill Sean and Micah. What could possibly go wrong.  

Spoiler

Well, I guess we'll have to call that one a partial success.  On the one hand, Sean's head exploded all over Rhodes' main street.  On the other, Micah is still with us.  Since Bill is immortal for the purposes of this game, I'll call it a 50% success.

• Like 2

Ok, so Rippa’s suggestion didn’t seem to work here. 

I still cannot seem to advance Chapter 2 at all in my game. The only yellow job marker left is Javier Escuella, but he’s in Blackwater and I cannot move a foot inside there to start the mission up without getting killed because of my “Dead or Alive” wanted level. 

Any other ideas?

3 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Ok, so Rippa’s suggestion didn’t seem to work here. 

I still cannot seem to advance Chapter 2 at all in my game. The only yellow job marker left is Javier Escuella, but he’s in Blackwater and I cannot move a foot inside there to start the mission up without getting killed because of my “Dead or Alive” wanted level. 

Any other ideas?

Take the road in from Strawberry and as soon as you cross over the river go off road and beeline directly to the quest marker.  It's actually outside of town and staying off road should keep you away from the Pinkerton patrols.

I had to ride a little bit in and then the marker went up on a hill.

Dont go into the actual town

I believe I just immediately got off the road and put my bandanna on.

Basically watch the first minute of this

Okay - just discovered I guess the most well known bug at the moment

Sadie, Abigail and Jack are bugged and don't appear in camp unless its mission related.

I realized this when I couldn't find Jack to give him the book he wanted.

I hadn't put 2 and 2 together that I hadn't seen them around camp so when actively looking for him, I couldn't find him so I searched the web and discovered that.

Basically what causes the bug is that you have to talk to EVERYONE in camp before doing Uncle's mission in Valentine. Which is like right at the start of the game.

11 hours ago, Casey said:

I love this game so far, but ohhhh boy does traveling by horse across this gigantic map get really tiresome.

The cinematic camera thing really helps.  If something is too far away, I can put that on, let my horse carry me and hope that no one starts shooting at me when I go to the kitchen to get something to drink.  

6 hours ago, supremebve said:

The cinematic camera thing really helps.  If something is too far away, I can put that on, let my horse carry me and hope that no one starts shooting at me when I go to the kitchen to get something to drink.  

What? I thought you had to hold "A" (on Xbox) to follow the waypoint? You can just turn on the cinematic view and it does it for you?